PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

There is so much to appreciate about this school. The physical space alone is uplifting, bright and cheery. The teachers are caring, the classes small, and the curriculum stimulating. My graduate had ample opportunity to speak in front of the school, and she became a confident student through the years. They have issues, like all schools. The judaics could be a bit more lively, one teacher in second grade is terrible. (they give her a smaller class, to their credit)....but the good so outweighs the bad, I hate to even mention those things. The PE 5 days a week is excellent, tons of physical activity.

The teachers ares superb. The Head of School is remarkable. You have suffer the lightweight , cranky, and leaderless Jewish Studies program.

Amazing education, great teachers! This is how all education should be.

I have one child at The Shlenker School, and another who graduated. My middle schooler was so prepared that teacher's often comment on how they love kids from Shlenker. We didn't initially consider a Jewish Day school since we are reform, but it has been an amazing experience. Not only are my kids well educated, but they are learning about community, values, and the world.

I have had two children graduate from this school. The Shlenker School has taught my children to be independent thinkers, self confident, and able to succeed in their middle school environment.

I have three children at this school, ranging from age 3 to age 9. As a conservative Jew, we belong to another synagogue which also has a day school. We chose Shlenker over the other school because of its excellence in academics and social community. In addition to the outstanding academics, the children of all ages spend a great deal of time learning about being a whole person - thoughtful and considerate of their friends, neighbors, and the environment. The value-based education is a superior choice for any and all students - Jewish and non-Jewish. I am particularly impressed with the teachers and specialists. At all levels of learning and ability, they spark a love for learning and a sense of pride in all.

I have a graduate who went to St. John's and was extremely well prepared for everything that has come her way. The best thing about Shlenker is that the teachers find the special quality your child has and nurture it to help them reach their full potential. Children and families grow up in the Shlenker Community with a great foundation in academics, and leave the school with a strong sense of who they are, confidence and appreciation for their fellow classmates. The Jewish curriculum is interwoven so that it helps the children build an identity but not overdone to take away from academic focus. Both my children have been excited to go to school each day and have a love of learning. It's a great place to start.

Being a conservative Jew, I have no reason to send my children here. I do it because it is such an innovative, progressive school. We have been so happy. My children love learning, crave books on their own, have Hebrew and PE every day, as well as art, music and computer at least once a week. educaiton to

I am sure it is great for Jewish families. Non-Jewish families are encouraged to join but then are outcasts for the most part. Education is very centered around Jewish learning, even in early childhood classes (even when they tell you they aren't). The building is very nice, and everything is up-to-date.

Our family was new to The Shlenker School last year. We are VERY pleased with this school. Our daughter is in kindergarten this year and it is a wonderful experience. Her kindergarten teacher is fantastic as well as all of the specialty teachers. She loves going to school! Excellent staff, excellent facilities...Highly recommended.

Last modified The Shlenker School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5