No rating

Montessori Learning Institute

Private | K

Living in Houston

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $84,400. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $780.

Posted Saturday, August 23, 2014

I have very mixed fillings about this school. First the class was overcrowded - 2 teachers for 22 students 3-5 years old is a bit too much. Teacher's experience and skills are pretty limited. Maybe if you are from India it works better. Otherwise school teachers were doing nothing but complaining and asking parents to do all the job. And I mean academical and social education, not extended day - on extended day children just play on their own with teachers supervision. I would look for the school with more friendly and enthusiastic teachers, yes it could be a bit more expensive although not necessarily, but spent searching time is worth it. And there are better schools - check around.

Posted November 26, 2013

Very unprofessional staff. Do not recommend at all. My step son just turned 4 and is constantly being picked on even if it is violating state and federal laws! Asking a parent to medicate a 4 year old child is completely unacceptable especially when they are pressuring the parent to do so! This school did not offer any other kind of discipline accept to turn a healthy exuberant child into a complete emotionless zombie. No thanks!

Posted November 26, 2013

This school is not the place for anyone who wants their children happy. They DO NOT nurture the kids and show them love. They will have a meeting with you every month if you child does not act like they are in the military. My son was immediately pulled out after being told by the principal that I needed to medicate my 4yr old son. ( that is breaking a federal law) The teachers were all very rude. If you are a single or young parent good luck! They do not want anything to do with you. Because I am young(ish) I was undermined as a parent from the whole staff. They want your child to have no personality and no creativity. Just a zombie. Do not waste your money at this school. Take your child somewhere where they can actually be a kid and enjoy their time at school.

Posted October 22, 2013

My son is in the beginning primary class. He is 3 about to be 4, he has struggled with a speech delay. Ms. Netasha has made me beyond excited for my son to be here. She updates me daily and tells me the specifics of my sons day. You can really see the love and the care from her. He is learning so much, and I know she is a huge factor behind that. She works with his speech along with the daily routine of the class. I will keep my son here till the 5th grade and she is a big reason why.

Posted October 9, 2013

MLI has a tremendous staff and curriculum. The children are treated as individuals and nurtured as such. Those who can do more are challenged at each level. Thanks to their instruction my daughter is more than 2 years above level in every area.

Posted June 5, 2012

My kid just finished 5th grade at MLI and is moving on to middle school. I think the school has done a terrific job educating him and preparing him for what is to come. His teacher was dedicated and encouraged him to pursue his interests, but at the same time, ensured all his basics were learned well. The school is small and not flashy but it works and there is a genuinely warm feeling surrounding it. The principal is passionate about educating kids and it shows.

Posted April 15, 2012

My daughter attended MLI for two years as a preschooler. It provided her with a wonderful environment for learning and growth. The staff were friendly and caring. She talked about the school and her teachers for years after she left.

Posted January 24, 2012

A wonderful small school that concentrates on academics and social skills. Small class size with experienced teachers. Perfect for our family who just want our child to learn the basics properly and thoroughly, and for not become lost in a large school.

Posted October 29, 2008

Terrific school. Loving teachers that really foster the development of intelligent, responsible, well adjusted kids. My daughter just turned 4 and she is reading, writing, doing math problems and is incredibly respectful. Couldn't be happier.

Posted August 6, 2008

MLI is a real Houston treasure. My child was able to develop academically and socially in a peaceful,respectful,and nurturing community. We highly recommend MLI.

Posted July 18, 2007

My child attends MLI (Pre-k) and I can't say enough about the quality of education. As everyone says, the external 'look' of the facilities aren't anything special, but if you get past that, you will find amazing, committed and loving teachers, organized classrooms and a real flexibility we so appreciate. My suggestions are to upgrade the facilities and better facilitate interaction with the parents.

Posted June 13, 2007

We had our child in MLI for 2 years. Truly a godsend in the beginning. As our child grew and changed classrooms, the next teacher (who had been there for yrs) was by far the less professional of all, but when the owner became involved she was the most disappointing of all. I believe she wants the best for the children, however, lacks the skills of running a business. corners are cut and staff is ever-turning. Perhaps a office manager and city inspection would help. As for curriculum, top notch. the children do learn.

Posted May 16, 2007

My child has attended MLI for the past year, and I can honestly say that I feel it is one of the best deals in the city. I am an educator myself, and I find the level of professionalism of the teahers, the quality of the curriculum and the overall care to be top notch. Mr. and Mrs. Vo and their staff far exceeded my expectations. They have truly devoted their lives to educating the young, and it is obvious to me that they love what they do.

Posted October 16, 2006

My child attended MLI for 3 years. I was happy with the academic side but was disappointed with the level of professionalism of the teachers.

Posted July 11, 2006

Being a parent and past staff member I can say without a doubt that M.L.I. was a great foundation for me and my son. It helped me become the teacher that I am today. It is also a great training facility for future Montessori teachers. It may not look like a school of riches on the outside but the inside is full of treasures. Very rich in education and family involvement.

Posted October 24, 2005

This school is small but friendly. The teachers really try hard to make it a good experience for the kids. The management should get a new playground for the kids though and develop some more extracurricular activities. They should chill down a bit on the 'over disciplining' they have and nurture the students' individuality more.

Posted October 24, 2005

Good school , but a new playground is due and they should stop being so much focussed on 'controlling' student behavior and should nurture their individuality more by giving them more freedom and the teachers should show more respect to the kids and not talk to them in a loud voice.

Posted May 3, 2004

I'm a former student, I went to MLI all the way through 5th grade. I feel that MLI gave me an incredible leg up over other students and a wonderful foundation both morally and educationally on which to grow. Currently I'm working on my Bachelors degree on a double major in science and art with a minor in education. Mrs. Vo is an amazing principle and the other teachers are phenominal. If you get a chance to sit in on a lesson by all means do so. Mrs. Vo is a hands on principal who often sits in on lessons and even leads them.
—Submitted by a former student

Asian or Pacific Islander 18% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian
Associations
  • AMS

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

5701 Beechnut Street