Posted October 30, 2014
I have noticed a couple of harsh reviews on this site recently. I don't understand them at all and I really think those parents have an agenda that isn't being met in their own mind. Personally, my kids are exceeding the expectations I had for them at this age. By her second birthday my daughter was counting to 40 and was singing nursery rhymes and the alphabet song. Could also count backwards from 10 to zero. I feel the staff is extremely welcoming, and is quick to take items and your child off your hands so you can get to work. Parents have told me other schools expect you to calm your child and put all materials from home where they belong without any help. And, the staff doesn't panic if your child coughs, expecting you to run there and take them home. The ONLY complaint I have is that the parking lot at the Beechnut school is too small, but I don't know if there's much that can be done about the situation. A lot of stems from careless parents that don't have any general parking courtesy, including blocking the damned exit even though there are open spots. In short, I have no complaints about MLI, and that is after putting two kids through two years of the school.

Posted August 23, 2014
I have very mixed fillings about this school. First the class was overcrowded - 2 teachers for 22 students 3-5 years old is a bit too much. Teacher's experience and skills are pretty limited. Maybe if you are from India it works better. Otherwise school teachers were doing nothing but complaining and asking parents to do all the job. And I mean academical and social education, not extended day - on extended day children just play on their own with teachers supervision. I would look for the school with more friendly and enthusiastic teachers, yes it could be a bit more expensive although not necessarily, but spent searching time is worth it. And there are better schools - check around.

Posted November 26, 2013
Very unprofessional staff. Do not recommend at all. My step son just turned 4 and is constantly being picked on even if it is violating state and federal laws! Asking a parent to medicate a 4 year old child is completely unacceptable especially when they are pressuring the parent to do so! This school did not offer any other kind of discipline accept to turn a healthy exuberant child into a complete emotionless zombie. No thanks!

Posted November 26, 2013
This school is not the place for anyone who wants their children happy. They DO NOT nurture the kids and show them love. They will have a meeting with you every month if you child does not act like they are in the military. My son was immediately pulled out after being told by the principal that I needed to medicate my 4yr old son. ( that is breaking a federal law) The teachers were all very rude. If you are a single or young parent good luck! They do not want anything to do with you. Because I am young(ish) I was undermined as a parent from the whole staff. They want your child to have no personality and no creativity. Just a zombie. Do not waste your money at this school. Take your child somewhere where they can actually be a kid and enjoy their time at school.

Posted October 22, 2013
My son is in the beginning primary class. He is 3 about to be 4, he has struggled with a speech delay. Ms. Netasha has made me beyond excited for my son to be here. She updates me daily and tells me the specifics of my sons day. You can really see the love and the care from her. He is learning so much, and I know she is a huge factor behind that. She works with his speech along with the daily routine of the class. I will keep my son here till the 5th grade and she is a big reason why.

Posted October 09, 2013
MLI has a tremendous staff and curriculum. The children are treated as individuals and nurtured as such. Those who can do more are challenged at each level. Thanks to their instruction my daughter is more than 2 years above level in every area.

Posted June 05, 2012
My kid just finished 5th grade at MLI and is moving on to middle school. I think the school has done a terrific job educating him and preparing him for what is to come. His teacher was dedicated and encouraged him to pursue his interests, but at the same time, ensured all his basics were learned well. The school is small and not flashy but it works and there is a genuinely warm feeling surrounding it. The principal is passionate about educating kids and it shows.

Posted April 15, 2012
My daughter attended MLI for two years as a preschooler. It provided her with a wonderful environment for learning and growth. The staff were friendly and caring. She talked about the school and her teachers for years after she left.

Posted January 24, 2012
A wonderful small school that concentrates on academics and social skills. Small class size with experienced teachers. Perfect for our family who just want our child to learn the basics properly and thoroughly, and for not become lost in a large school.

Posted October 29, 2008
Terrific school. Loving teachers that really foster the development of intelligent, responsible, well adjusted kids. My daughter just turned 4 and she is reading, writing, doing math problems and is incredibly respectful. Couldn't be happier.

Montessori Learning Institute
5701 Beechnut Street, Houston, TX  77074
Last modified Montessori Learning Institute is a Private school that serves grade K
Montessori Learning Institute Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top