Bad
Good

I arrived in Houston in 2013 and bought a house in Bellaire. I started looking around for a good school for my children, as all parents does! I was told about Montessori Learning Institute. It may look small and old but it is a wonderful school! So I went to have a look and I've feel so bless ever since. Both my children grown and learned in this loving environment. They turned into an independent little person. My 4 yr old started reading from not knowing his alphabets in 3 weeks. And my 3 yr old wrote her own name (7 letters) and started reading to!!! Basically, if you want your children to have a strong foundation, learn with having fun and be loved by everyone in the school, this is where you should be! Save your money and time on extra tuition outside school. As they wouldn't need them if they go to this school.

MLI offers a loving environment and is dedicated to preparing your toddler to not only learn and love learning but also to be polite and compassionate.

My son has been in MLI since 2006 and now he is at 7th grade, he is very happy to be here and 9 years in MLI will tell you everything :-)

My 3.5 yo child has been here for about 7 months now. He is doing great. He loves his teacher and classmates. The teachers/aids are all very helpful and great with the kids. They are stern, but still gentle and very warm to the children. I know my kid is very hyper, stubborn, and talks way too much, but they have never mentioned anything about medication. They tell me the good and bad of his daily activity. They've never made any implications about parenting or lack thereof. The bad remarks below, all within 3-days, appear to be by the same person. The statement "maybe being ok in India" is a very ignorant thing to say. My child is eurasian (quite a few others incidentally) and there is an excellent mix of cultures in this tiny school. His current teacher is Indian, but i see no reason why that is relevant, she is an excellent and friendly teacher. The other teachers/assistants are Latino, Black, and Caucasian, while owner/teacher is Vietnamese.My son is always happy when I pick him up often times I have to pull him out the door. He always enjoys talking about class and its clear he respects his current teacher. I wish I could say that about homelife :)

I have noticed a couple of harsh reviews on this site recently. I don't understand them at all and I really think those parents have an agenda that isn't being met in their own mind. Personally, my kids are exceeding the expectations I had for them at this age. By her second birthday my daughter was counting to 40 and was singing nursery rhymes and the alphabet song. Could also count backwards from 10 to zero. I feel the staff is extremely welcoming, and is quick to take items and your child off your hands so you can get to work. Parents have told me other schools expect you to calm your child and put all materials from home where they belong without any help. And, the staff doesn't panic if your child coughs, expecting you to run there and take them home. The ONLY complaint I have is that the parking lot at the Beechnut school is too small, but I don't know if there's much that can be done about the situation. A lot of stems from careless parents that don't have any general parking courtesy, including blocking the damned exit even though there are open spots. In short, I have no complaints about MLI, and that is after putting two kids through two years of the school.

I have very mixed fillings about this school. First the class was overcrowded - 2 teachers for 22 students 3-5 years old is a bit too much. Teacher's experience and skills are pretty limited. Maybe if you are from India it works better. Otherwise school teachers were doing nothing but complaining and asking parents to do all the job. And I mean academical and social education, not extended day - on extended day children just play on their own with teachers supervision. I would look for the school with more friendly and enthusiastic teachers, yes it could be a bit more expensive although not necessarily, but spent searching time is worth it. And there are better schools - check around.

Very unprofessional staff. Do not recommend at all. My step son just turned 4 and is constantly being picked on even if it is violating state and federal laws! Asking a parent to medicate a 4 year old child is completely unacceptable especially when they are pressuring the parent to do so! This school did not offer any other kind of discipline accept to turn a healthy exuberant child into a complete emotionless zombie. No thanks!

This school is not the place for anyone who wants their children happy. They DO NOT nurture the kids and show them love. They will have a meeting with you every month if you child does not act like they are in the military. My son was immediately pulled out after being told by the principal that I needed to medicate my 4yr old son. ( that is breaking a federal law) The teachers were all very rude. If you are a single or young parent good luck! They do not want anything to do with you. Because I am young(ish) I was undermined as a parent from the whole staff. They want your child to have no personality and no creativity. Just a zombie. Do not waste your money at this school. Take your child somewhere where they can actually be a kid and enjoy their time at school.

My son is in the beginning primary class. He is 3 about to be 4, he has struggled with a speech delay. Ms. Netasha has made me beyond excited for my son to be here. She updates me daily and tells me the specifics of my sons day. You can really see the love and the care from her. He is learning so much, and I know she is a huge factor behind that. She works with his speech along with the daily routine of the class. I will keep my son here till the 5th grade and she is a big reason why.

MLI has a tremendous staff and curriculum. The children are treated as individuals and nurtured as such. Those who can do more are challenged at each level. Thanks to their instruction my daughter is more than 2 years above level in every area.

Last modified Montessori Learning Institute is a Private school that serves grade K