PK-4|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 16, 2015
I would like to thank Ms. Sue, she was my kids teacher for three years.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted December 16, 2015
There are some good teachers in the school. However the turn over is very high especially good teachers leave school as soon as finding another job. Most of the teachers do not have Montessori certification.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted December 16, 2015
my kids were in pre-school so they did not have any homework so I do not have any idea about homework.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted December 16, 2015
I am not sure about that, but in some way try to courage students to learn but I do not agree with their curriculum.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted December 16, 2015
Actually students in this age are young but respect to their needs are the most important thing, which I did not feel that way during the years my kids were there.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted December 16, 2015
I strongly disagree because they aim is to make money rather than make kind and caring children. Most of the instructors are not happy with their jobs because of pay, ..... so how they can be caring to our children. I had two kids in this school some years ago.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted December 16, 2015
What they are advertising is totally different than why they are doing on that school. Inside of class rooms are different than what they are explaining to parents. No real open door policies.

Montessori School Downtown 2

Posted December 16, 2015
No age appropriate education. Nothing about Montessori facts and rules. No creativity and respect to individual learning. Forcing to read without teaching concepts. Forcing to write in early ages without working on motor skills. No fun and attractive program such as art, drawing, .... Forcing to take naps. I had two kids in this school and still I feel bad why I sent my kids to this school.

Montessori School Downtown 5

Posted December 18, 2014
Myself and my child have had a wonderful experience with the school. The administration and teachers are friendly and professional. I love that they have classes like karate, soccer, art, gymnastics and dance. My child enjoys going to school everyday and talks about using the smartboard and learning Spanish. I would recommend this school over an HISD school any day.

Montessori School Downtown 5

Posted February 05, 2014
My child went to the school for 3 years. Each year I saw a big improvement in reading writing and math. Love the small classes, it allows for lots of one on one time with the teacher. We highly recommend this school for children between the grades of kindergarten to 3rd. Many families are from other countries, gives the children an understanding of all the different cultures in our world. If you want a small class room, responsive teachers and personal time for your child I recommend this school.

4510 Caroline Street, Houston, TX  77004
Last modified Montessori School Downtown is a Private school that serves grades PK-4
Montessori School Downtown Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top