PK-4|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

This "Montessori school" lacks properly credentialed teachers.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

There are some good teachers in the school. However the turn over is very high especially good teachers leave school as soon as finding another job. Most of the teachers do not have Montessori certification.

Amount of homework: no rating

my kids were in pre-school so they did not have any homework so I do not have any idea about homework.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

What they are advertising is totally different than why they are doing on that school. Inside of class rooms are different than what they are explaining to parents. No real open door policies.

No age appropriate education. Nothing about Montessori facts and rules. No creativity and respect to individual learning. Forcing to read without teaching concepts. Forcing to write in early ages without working on motor skills. No fun and attractive program such as art, drawing, .... Forcing to take naps. I had two kids in this school and still I feel bad why I sent my kids to this school.

Myself and my child have had a wonderful experience with the school. The administration and teachers are friendly and professional. I love that they have classes like karate, soccer, art, gymnastics and dance. My child enjoys going to school everyday and talks about using the smartboard and learning Spanish. I would recommend this school over an HISD school any day.

My child went to the school for 3 years. Each year I saw a big improvement in reading writing and math. Love the small classes, it allows for lots of one on one time with the teacher. We highly recommend this school for children between the grades of kindergarten to 3rd. Many families are from other countries, gives the children an understanding of all the different cultures in our world. If you want a small class room, responsive teachers and personal time for your child I recommend this school.

the school gave lots of hope when we joined by my son ,he used to cry all the days when he goes to school..he hardly completed 3months and i had to change him .they were way too expensive for the things they teach..i doubt if the teachers were really qualified as they claim.

Our infant (from 3 to 8 months) was on the four day program at this school and had a great experience. The teachers are always kind and helpful. If it's raining, someone will run out to you with an umbrella. The hours were flexible and they really helped us start our kid on solid food. The classrooms are orderly and clean, and the kids seem engaged. We dropped in at some random times to check on our kid and all was the same. Our kid was always in a good mood when we picked him up. All in all, we really liked the school!

My son went to this school for 2 years while he was 3 years until he was 5. He loved going to school. He was doing great academically. We had to move out of Houston if not i would have continued his education there. Staff is very caring. I would definitely recommend this school to others.

Last modified Montessori School Downtown is a Private school that serves grades PK-4