Posted November 21, 2014
Our child went to Trafton for 6th grade. We were sold on the small class size, attention from the teachers to help learn better organizational skills and the nurturing environment. They did very well making honor roll every quarter. In 7th grade that all went away. Under the guise that students must be responsible for themselves, the assistance in continuing to learn organizational skills, the attention from the teachers, the nurturing environment goes away. These teachers would rather rely on a subpar app to tell you what homework is due. They don't communicate with parents - you will never receive an email if a test score is low. If you're sick, you get no assistance from any of the teachers to make sure you get all the missed homework. One of the problems is that they hire a lot of part time teachers. I also agree with whoever said that they don't discipline bad behavior. We have had issues with one student since the beginning of 6th grade and despite continued bullying and nasty behavior, they have failed to expel him, as their handbook clearly states they should. Either save your money or spend a little more at a school where you will get your money's worth

Posted September 06, 2014
I am a student here. The other kids are nice, my teacher is good. I don't get bullied. I like that it is a small school so I get to know other kids in other grades.

Posted September 02, 2014
This school is not for us either. I am 100% agree with previous post. After two years with Trafton Academy, we moved our child to local public school. We do not miss Trafton Academy at all.

Posted August 08, 2014
Trafton is not for us. Not sure how others define structure and discipline but we saw little of it. Classrooms often chaotic and out of control. Teachers will leave class unattended. Distractions are allowed. I agree with other postings here that teachers seem lazy. I'm sure they feel like they're busy, but they don't think out of the box and really do little to reach out to a student needing a bit more help. P.E. may be a movie due to rain. Poor communication with parents when issue arises with student.

Posted May 29, 2014
Trafton Academy is a wonderful school. I have attended here since 4th grade and I have just graduated and am about to enter my freshmen year at Strake Jesuit. Since my 4th grade year at Trafton I have learned and accomplished a great deal. The teachers are great and I would like to thank all of my teachers for teaching me. The academics are great and Trafton offers many different extracurricular activities such as many sports, NJHS, and student council. One other thing I like about Trafton is the low student-teacher ratio and small grade sizes. Everbody feels like they are a family. Also, they offer honor and on-level curriculum. This school has really taught me a great deal and has prepared me for high school. I would recommend sending your child to Trafton Academy. Believe you they will love it.

Posted May 25, 2014
Well, my child has just finished the first school year. He is the kind of child that likes to move around a lot and I wasn't sure he would thrive at Trafton. But he has. His math and language arts as well as his organizational habits have improved tremendously. The discipline and structure, and the kind, caring but also tough teachers really helped. He loves the school. I have nothing but praise for the way the school is run. It's not perfect of course but we are happy with the school's atmosphere and academics.

Trafton Academy 1

Posted April 25, 2014
This school is a rip-off. I went here from 5th to 8th grade and it was a terrible experience. I can honestly say that Trafton ruined my childhood. The teachers are incompetent and lazy. I learned no study habits or anything really. Moreover, they do not bother disciplining their students. When I was going to school, I was relentlessly bullied and the administration did nothing. I graduated from this school bitter and unprepared for high school. I recommend sending your kid to a public middle school.

Posted April 08, 2014
We are happy after three years. Level much higher than public. Not much in way of bells and whistles but that suits us. Just interested in our child learning. And I can see he is. Nice teachers but quite strict.

Posted January 25, 2014
This is my child's first year here. It's a great fit for him. Academics is strong, and the teachers work hard to ensure kids learn. There are plenty of extra activities to get involved in. The smallness of the school suits my child.

Trafton Academy 4

Posted December 02, 2013
I am rating Trafton where my daughter attends as a 4..only because nothing is perfect. However, the school has small classes, a staff who attends to all of your concerns, very caring teachers, and lots of parent involvement. My daughter has thrived since she started, and previously attended a "special needs" school where I truly was mortified at how they were "teaching" my child. Now, she is surrounded by many positive role models, and is being taught not only incredible academics, but also moral and social values, and lots of extras at Trafton too. If you are looking for a smaller, private, non denominational school, and your child is at least on level academically, and no behavioral problems that would interfere with the other students, I would schedule a tour!

Trafton Academy