PK-K, 3-8
Houston, TX

Posted February 18, 2015
This is our first year at Trafton (4th grade) and we LOVE it. Trafton has been a wonderful place for my son to grow and try new things such as band and tennis. The teachers are very responsive and welcome parent involvement. We have met wonderful families and we are pleased of the friends that he hangs around with in/out of school. My son has excelled academically. We can from a HISD school where he did not use test books, so this was a learning curve for him to study from a book. The smaller classrooms allow him to be a big fish in a small pond. I think most children in the class feel that way too! I would encourage you to take a tour and let your child shadow for day. You will love all that Trafton has to offer.

Posted January 31, 2015
We have been at Trafton for many years and will be there for 5 more years when our youngest graduates 8th grade. Trafton has been a blessing for us because it is the perfect blend between public and private. Expectations are high at Trafton but all the teachers and staff are there to help you succeed. They want you to walk out of Trafton with confidence that you are ready for anything that might come your way in high school. The kids that don't succeed at Trafton are usually the children that don't like to follow the rules set out by someone else and feel they are above them and rules don't pertain to them. By the time you get to the higher grades, the work is challenging but every teacher prepares their curriculum in a way that every child can succeed if they put forth the effort. There will be no grades "given" at Trafton. Every grade is earned by the student. Trafton is the perfect school for those that want their child to become a well-adjusted, respectful and thoughtful person who is ready for the pressure that high school brings.

Posted January 23, 2015
I can not sing the praises of Trafton loudly enough! The teachers are caring and sweet and provide wonderful instruction and organizational skills that will follow the children long after they complete 8th grade. The students are well mannered and if there are any issues with the children, it is handled thoughtfully and swiftly. The school provides everything a student needs to succeed and wonderful avenues to communicate what is going on in class to the parents. My only complaint is that my child in second grade couldn't apply until this year! I can't wait to hopefully have 2 children in Trafton next year!

Posted January 21, 2015
I've been a Trafton parent for 8 years & disagree with the Nov 21 post. Most Trafton teachers have at least ten years experience there & provide reliable continuity through the grade levels. They teach time management & organizational study skills that are age appropriate typically resulting in well prepared, confident students. Gradespeed & Renweb are accessible to parents & students to communicate grades & assignments. Behavioral issues are uncommon but dealt with fairly & swiftly. It's been a safe, warm, academically challenging school for my children.

Posted November 21, 2014
Our child went to Trafton for 6th grade. We were sold on the small class size, attention from the teachers to help learn better organizational skills and the nurturing environment. They did very well making honor roll every quarter. In 7th grade that all went away. Under the guise that students must be responsible for themselves, the assistance in continuing to learn organizational skills, the attention from the teachers, the nurturing environment goes away. These teachers would rather rely on a subpar app to tell you what homework is due. They don't communicate with parents - you will never receive an email if a test score is low. If you're sick, you get no assistance from any of the teachers to make sure you get all the missed homework. One of the problems is that they hire a lot of part time teachers. I also agree with whoever said that they don't discipline bad behavior. We have had issues with one student since the beginning of 6th grade and despite continued bullying and nasty behavior, they have failed to expel him, as their handbook clearly states they should. Either save your money or spend a little more at a school where you will get your money's worth

Posted September 06, 2014
I am a student here. The other kids are nice, my teacher is good. I don't get bullied. I like that it is a small school so I get to know other kids in other grades.

Posted September 02, 2014
This school is not for us either. I am 100% agree with previous post. After two years with Trafton Academy, we moved our child to local public school. We do not miss Trafton Academy at all.

Posted August 08, 2014
Trafton is not for us. Not sure how others define structure and discipline but we saw little of it. Classrooms often chaotic and out of control. Teachers will leave class unattended. Distractions are allowed. I agree with other postings here that teachers seem lazy. I'm sure they feel like they're busy, but they don't think out of the box and really do little to reach out to a student needing a bit more help. P.E. may be a movie due to rain. Poor communication with parents when issue arises with student.

Posted May 29, 2014
Trafton Academy is a wonderful school. I have attended here since 4th grade and I have just graduated and am about to enter my freshmen year at Strake Jesuit. Since my 4th grade year at Trafton I have learned and accomplished a great deal. The teachers are great and I would like to thank all of my teachers for teaching me. The academics are great and Trafton offers many different extracurricular activities such as many sports, NJHS, and student council. One other thing I like about Trafton is the low student-teacher ratio and small grade sizes. Everbody feels like they are a family. Also, they offer honor and on-level curriculum. This school has really taught me a great deal and has prepared me for high school. I would recommend sending your child to Trafton Academy. Believe you they will love it.
2 people found this helpful

Posted May 25, 2014
Well, my child has just finished the first school year. He is the kind of child that likes to move around a lot and I wasn't sure he would thrive at Trafton. But he has. His math and language arts as well as his organizational habits have improved tremendously. The discipline and structure, and the kind, caring but also tough teachers really helped. He loves the school. I have nothing but praise for the way the school is run. It's not perfect of course but we are happy with the school's atmosphere and academics.

Trafton Academy