PK-1|Private

Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school has a long history in Houston as one of the best Montessori schools in town> The teachers(most) have been there for many years and seem to love their jobs! The facility is on a huge wood lot and makes for a very cozy environment. We love their open door policy--visit at anytime---we are very happy and our daughter is too.

My daughter has been at the infant center for 5 months now and we are very happy with the staff! All are very caring and compassionate. Most have been there for several years and enjoy working with each other. The rooms are very cozy with hardwood floors and lots of trees outside. LOVE IT----my husband and I stop by at lunch all the time to visit.

My 7 month old has been here for 3 months now. My wife and I visit him at different hours throughout the day as our business is close by. The have an open door policy, which basically means you can visit anytime -unannounced. My wife and I could not be happier with the cottage. His teacher has been with the school for 15 years and is very caring. It is very close to the Galleria area>

One star is being generous. This place puts on a great show if they know you are coming., my own child told me that a teacher hit a student, that the teachers are "mean," my child is highly verbal for his age and does not tell "stories" - I would warn against sending any child to this day care. They are not Montessori in spirit, only in name. The communication with the staff is nonexistent. The staff do not care about the children and are just there to collect a (probably lacking) pay check. it might be convenient to your home but pick another place!

I am a mother of a 3 year old and a 6 month old that attend the Children's Cottage and Infant Center, respectively, and have about 3 years of experience with this school. Yes, the building is old, and the playground needs to be updated. However, I feel the staff and administration are ALWAYS accessible and listen to any concerns that the parents may have. My older child LOVES her teachers and has fun there and learns! The teachers at the infant center have been there over 10+ yrs and are GREAT with babies. We trust them like family. They have a great swim program in the summer for the older kids. It is a great preschool and we have been happy. We always drop in whenever, and haven't seen anything like the reviews below.

I hate that I even have to give them one star. I saw a child get picked up by one arm and placed in a chair. I saw my own daughter get food forced into her mouth while I looked from the outside. She went there from 18months-24 months old. There are not many toys. The only music you will hear is 104.1, obviously so the teachers can pass their time with a job they dislike. The teachers don't interact or make themselves accessible to the children. All I ever saw was flashcards. Good luck if you place your child here. I saw a posting elsewhere just recently that referenced what the teachers do when parents aren't there. My heart sank that I allowed my kid to go there for 6 months while I frantically searched for another daycare. I should have known something was up when everytime I came to pick her up she cried like I just saved her life and couldn't get into my arms fast enough. At her new daycare she is happy to go in the morning and indifferent that I come to pick her up. Please know there are better places out there for your child.

If you love your children, I would NOT recommend this place. My child was at this school from 3 months to pre-kindergarten. My child is now 9 years and has told me all of the cruel things that they did while they were there. I thought that if I spent a lot of money for my child to attend this school, that they will be very well taken care of. Well this is not the case. This is reason why you can t just drop on and check out the school. You need to have an appointment. I spoke with someone that used to work there. I was told of all of the horror stories. The teachers will be nice to you in front of your face, but you need to really see what really goes on behind closed doors. I should have trusted my instincts and moved my child.

The facility itself is old and I think they could at least do some remodeling, but over all I felt the teachers were great. Although I didn t like the fact they let the toddlers play on concrete during the morning, while riding tricycles. I had a call that my son fell and scraped his chin on the concrete, which was pretty bad, however, if you ask me why would you even have concrete and not dirt instead for toddlers to play on?! There was one teacher (thank God she was not my son's teacher) who was just rude in the morning. She wouldn t even greet you nor smile. One time she told me my son could not eat his donuts until snack time..I said excuse me, first of all per the guidelines and your contract parents are to provide the kids with breakfast in the morning, so why does he need.

They are wonderful with our son, who has been attending Montessori Infant Cottage since he was 2 months old. They are kind and loving to him and always make sure he gets enough attention. We have been very happy with the care they are providing and plan to keep him enrolled until elementary school.

Facilities are old; we felt that it was acceptable but hum drum; love the kids and parents. It was great for infants but we've since moved on to a better Montessori school.

Last modified Montessori Childrens Cottage is a Private school that serves grades PK-1