Houston, TX

Posted March 05, 2010
My son has been in this school for couple months, he's 2, that's his first school.. In general, everything seems ok, but some details do bother me, like the teacher seems too busy and distracted , because group is pretty big, she can't give enough attention to every child, today i was changing my son and noticed, that apparently, he pooped before at school, but weren't wiped properly, the stuff just got dried up on his skin! I can see, that teacher has some kids as her favorites, and what about others?! Thinkig about changing school..

Smaller Scholars Montessori School 3

Posted November 02, 2009

Posted October 11, 2009
This school is amazing. I have my 21/2 year old girl in this school. I drive about 6 miles one way to the school because I find it worth it. It is the best school in the neighbourhood. The teachers and assistants are highly qualified and very friendly. They have a wonderful montessori program. Their classrooms are very tidy and the management is wonderful. In fact, I had a small misunderstanding with one of their staff and I like the way it was handled. Discrepencies are part of every institution, but the elite ones harp on fixing their discrepencies and that's one of the main reasons I went with the school. It's a cosmopolitan set-up - my child's class comprises of kids who hail from Norway, China, India, Indonesia etc. When I walk into their class, it is like seeing the world in a classroom. Overall, very happy with the school.

Posted August 13, 2008
We have two sons at this school. The oldest has been there since he was three, and he is now in the Elementary Program. The youngest, also 3, started there in a toddler class, and is now in Primary. The boys are doing amazingly well. We are impressed with the all-round nature of the curriculum, but we overjoyed with the reading and math skills. What amazes me is that the local public elementary school appears on this site with a higher ranking!!! How can that be? They aren't in the same league! My oldest kid is reading at an age almost 3 years ahead of his friends ateending the local school. Ridiculous to even try to compare; like Chateaubriand to a BigMac! Both my boys enjoy going to Smaller Scholars, and are thriving. I wish they could stay there till they were 18!

Smaller Scholars Montessori School 1

Posted June 08, 2008

Smaller Scholars Montessori School 2

Posted June 02, 2008

Smaller Scholars Montessori School 4

Posted May 15, 2008
I liked this school. Our kid was quite shy and not open to others, now he seems to be happy every day. Only complaint: they does not seem to teach much accademically. But still we think it is a very wise decision on our part to send him there.

Posted January 09, 2008
This was the worst experience our child has had to date. We took our child out of this school because the teacher was very cruel to our child. The school is very poorly run. Please observe your children you will be suprised what you see. It is not as it seems.

Smaller Scholars Montessori School 5

Posted November 20, 2007
I have two children in the primary program. I am sold on the Montessori method. Children are taught to be independent and each room shares a private restroom with a sister class. The uniforms are great for working parents. I pay much more for thier school than rent but I feel that the education that they are getting outweighs the financial burden.

Smaller Scholars Montessori School 5

Posted September 26, 2007
I love this school. They are in the Primary program and I plan to keep them in Montessori through at least elementary. They have developed good manners and they have improved so much that i am mad at myself for not putting them in sooner. It is expensive but i think it is worth the sacrafice. The school is super clean and they in an electronic check in/out system now. The children are very diverse which is what attracted me in the first place.

Smaller Scholars Montessori School
1685 S Dairy Ashford St, Houston, TX  77077
Last modified Smaller Scholars Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Smaller Scholars Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top