Houston, TX

Posted March 05, 2010
My son has been in this school for couple months, he's 2, that's his first school.. In general, everything seems ok, but some details do bother me, like the teacher seems too busy and distracted , because group is pretty big, she can't give enough attention to every child, today i was changing my son and noticed, that apparently, he pooped before at school, but weren't wiped properly, the stuff just got dried up on his skin! I can see, that teacher has some kids as her favorites, and what about others?! Thinkig about changing school..

Posted October 11, 2009
This school is amazing. I have my 21/2 year old girl in this school. I drive about 6 miles one way to the school because I find it worth it. It is the best school in the neighbourhood. The teachers and assistants are highly qualified and very friendly. They have a wonderful montessori program. Their classrooms are very tidy and the management is wonderful. In fact, I had a small misunderstanding with one of their staff and I like the way it was handled. Discrepencies are part of every institution, but the elite ones harp on fixing their discrepencies and that's one of the main reasons I went with the school. It's a cosmopolitan set-up - my child's class comprises of kids who hail from Norway, China, India, Indonesia etc. When I walk into their class, it is like seeing the world in a classroom. Overall, very happy with the school.

Posted August 13, 2008
We have two sons at this school. The oldest has been there since he was three, and he is now in the Elementary Program. The youngest, also 3, started there in a toddler class, and is now in Primary. The boys are doing amazingly well. We are impressed with the all-round nature of the curriculum, but we overjoyed with the reading and math skills. What amazes me is that the local public elementary school appears on this site with a higher ranking!!! How can that be? They aren't in the same league! My oldest kid is reading at an age almost 3 years ahead of his friends ateending the local school. Ridiculous to even try to compare; like Chateaubriand to a BigMac! Both my boys enjoy going to Smaller Scholars, and are thriving. I wish they could stay there till they were 18!

Smaller Scholars Montessori School 4

Posted May 15, 2008
I liked this school. Our kid was quite shy and not open to others, now he seems to be happy every day. Only complaint: they does not seem to teach much accademically. But still we think it is a very wise decision on our part to send him there.

Posted January 09, 2008
This was the worst experience our child has had to date. We took our child out of this school because the teacher was very cruel to our child. The school is very poorly run. Please observe your children you will be suprised what you see. It is not as it seems.

Posted November 20, 2007
I have two children in the primary program. I am sold on the Montessori method. Children are taught to be independent and each room shares a private restroom with a sister class. The uniforms are great for working parents. I pay much more for thier school than rent but I feel that the education that they are getting outweighs the financial burden.

Posted September 26, 2007
I love this school. They are in the Primary program and I plan to keep them in Montessori through at least elementary. They have developed good manners and they have improved so much that i am mad at myself for not putting them in sooner. It is expensive but i think it is worth the sacrafice. The school is super clean and they in an electronic check in/out system now. The children are very diverse which is what attracted me in the first place.

Smaller Scholars Montessori School 2

Posted June 27, 2007
I was very excited when I first enrolled my son. I heard many good things. However, if your child is not up to par or as gifted as the other kid, then the program doesn't seem to work. My son attended the school for almost a year. However, compared to the other student there was not much improvement at all. The teachers did not seem to do much to assist him. I would ask how he was doing, and they would say he was doing fine. They did not seem to care or wanted to help him improve in anyway.

Posted May 11, 2006
Our two daughters attending Smaller Scholars for two years and we were very happy with the quality of the education. The teachers were very caring and our daughters loved going to school.

Posted May 11, 2006
We loved the Montessori methods of teaching. One of our daughters has a learning disability which we didn't discover until after she left Smaller Scholars. The teaching methods employed at smaller scholars enabled her to learn much better than in a tradtional school.

1685 S Dairy Ashford St, Houston, TX  77077
Last modified Smaller Scholars Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Smaller Scholars Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top