No rating

The Fay School

Private | PK-5

Living in Houston

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $521,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,110.

Posted yesterday

This is our 4th year at The Fay School and we are extremely happy with the academic and personal growth that our daughters show. We want the best academics, which you can find only in top schools, but combined with a place that makes our girls happy to be at school. That is hard to find and we found it at Fay.

Posted yesterday

This is our third year at Fay and we couldnt be happier. It is a great and welcoming environment, where kids are treated like kids. The first time we visited Fay, and we saw that fantastic green area, where kids can run and just be kids, we thought - this is the one. Teachers are great, there are loads of volunteering opportunities and you feel part of a community. Highly recommend The Fay School!

Posted October 12, 2012

My daughter started EC3 this year and we are so excited to be apart of The Fay School community. Allison & Brooke from admissions are fantastic. The school has delivered on everything promised during the admissions process. The greatest draw is the EQ, emotional leadership, program that is used throughout the school. Great skills for my daughter. Her teachers are awesome, such loving, thoughtful, smart women. They provide a lot of communication, can be overwhelming for some but I love it. I love being able to send an email to her teacher & know that I'll get a reply w/in a day. I also love that both her teacher and the headmaster send out weekly emails, so I don't really have to email the teacher much because they are proactively informing of what's going on at school. They are also very open to parent involvement - from big to small things. What I found I have the most in common with the other parents that I've met is that we all want our kids to be kids for as long as they can, we want them to be happy, and we want them to be challenged academically. I'm confident The Fay School can help us accomplish these goals. Stay at Fay, the after school program, is so fun.

Posted August 21, 2012

From the time my son entered Kindergarten in 2008 to preparing for fourth grade, the quality of this school's academic curriculum has declined significantly. As this decline has occurred, there has been signs of demographic changes in the newly enrolled population. This has been coupled with an increase on fundraising efforts and pressures. We are returning this year, but plan to transfer next year to a school that puts academics ahead of the rest.

Posted July 3, 2012

Still changes going on with new principal. Fay is growing in numbers but space is very limited. Love their Music @ Motor program for the little ones. It is life skills that our kids need, observe teacher and the activites were fun and exciting. Childre were singing, dancing, and laughing having a good time. Beautiful campus. Faculty is working with students on EQ. This work for some. Visit for yourself.

Posted April 14, 2012

Fantastic nurturing environment with small class sizes and a focus on teaching reading, writing, math. We are thrilled with the leadership, parent involvement, and experience of the teachers.

Posted July 8, 2011

One of our children began attending the Fay School last year for Kindergarten and we could not be more pleased with the quality of education, the personalized attention she receives, and the close-knit community of peers, teachers and "fay families" we have joined. I am convinced that the prior posting submitted by a supposed "teacher" is some form of subtle sabotage by someone unfamiliar with the school as no teacher at Fay would ever spell its name wrong let alone submit something replete with errors for online review.

Posted June 7, 2011

I love The Fay School. My son just graduated and was there 8 years . Cannot say enough about the teachers and staff.

Posted September 30, 2009

I can't believe a teacher from the Fay School submitted a review so full of spelling and grammar errors. That's worrisome.

Posted April 21, 2009

TFS is an amazingly nurturing environment for young children to learn. It has magnificent teachers who are truly dedicated to the children. The multisensory approach to learning encourages yearn for knowledge by the student. The setting is beautiful. The new Head of School is extremely dedicated to the mission of the school. He is very progressive and communicative with the administration and the parents. I would strongly recommend TFS as school that emphasizes early childhood development at an age appropriate level to its students, preparing them to enter the most prestigious independent middle schools in Houston.

Posted February 21, 2009

The Fay School is a wonderful school that my children absolutely love! A new head of school just started this year and the improvements already have been fantastic! Everyone is excited about all the positive changes that have been long overdue and looking forward to what is to come. What I love most is that my children are learning on their individual level and at their pace. The setting and nurturing at TFS are truly wonderful. I have spoken with many parents who also have children at other 'better private schools' who now have a great appreciation for how truly special TFS is.

Posted October 14, 2008

This is a school where you child goes if you can't get into a better private school and you don't want public. Very low academic standards.

Posted July 19, 2007

Fay is in a gorgeous setting and has magnificent teachers. But the leadership is inefficient, nonprogressive, and noncommunicative.

Posted October 18, 2006

My child transfered to The Fay School after two years at another private school that is known for its outstanding academic program. After just 1 year at TFS, my child has blossomed and is happier than ever before thanks to the amazing teachers, staff and the nurturing environment. The curriculum is developmentally and age appropriate and child-centered. The atmosphere is positive, creative, hands-on and allows for a child's individual growth. The parents are incredibly dedicated and very loyal. Best of all, TFS welcomes parental involvment. My only complaint is that TFS only goes through 5th grade! In my opinion, TFS is the best education and experience for the money!

Posted April 25, 2006

We sent our younger child to Fay, when he did not get into a more socially exclusive school, where our older child attended. In retrospect, we wish both children had been given the opportunity to spend time at Fay. The school proved that expensive buildings are not necessary for high quality education. The teachers we had at Fay were exceptional in both their encouragement of academic achievement, and in their creation of a nurturing environment. Parent involvement is also high. The main downside item I'd note is that, with such a small school, many extracurricular activities are lacking. I'm also curious if the major capital campaign going on will detract from the intimate qualities that made the school what it was.

Posted April 2, 2006

There are some teachers in thsi school that are extraordinary. It is a very nurturing place and we have been pleased with the general academics of the second grade.

Posted February 23, 2006

This school lived up to its reputation for early childhood education excellence, but really fell down in the primary grades. My child had difficulty with reading, and his 1st grade teacher dismissed my concerns. We changed schools and discovered that he does, in fact, have moderately severe dyslexia. We also experienced numerous disciplinary problems at this school which were inadequately addressed.

Asian or Pacific Islander 8% 4%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander N/A 0%
Two or more races N/A 2%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian
Associations
  • NAEYC

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

105 North Post Oak Lane