PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The collection of faculty and staff set the tone for the whole school with their warmth, compassion, experience, and joy of being where they are. Each one was chosen for Fay and has also chosen Fay for a reason.

Amount of homework: Agree

There is daily homework starting in K, which is totally appropriate in helping reinforce the curriculum and to teach discipline and study habits outside of the classroom.

My two boys have absolutely loved The Fay School throughout the last four years. The physical space - being in the woods on the bayou - is something you cannot find in any other school, but it is the emotional intelligence program that has really impressed us the most. My kids are constantly outside in nature whether during recess, PE, or even just walking between building. The teachers and staff couldn't be any more loving, compassionate, and experienced. It is evident how hard the administration has worked since we've been there to improve communication, increase the quality of a rigerous curriculum, and facilitate a program that leads many of our graduates to the top schools in the city. If you haven't toured the campus and seen what the school has to offer, you are really missing out on his hidden gem!

The Fay School is so unique and wonderful. When we first toured the school and observed the children in their classrooms, they were so happy and engaged, they didn’t even notice us. This must be a part of the school’s culture because the faculty and staff here always have a genuine smile on their faces and exude positive energy. The campus is so picturesque, peaceful and inspiring. Imagine scenic views from the children's classroom windows in the middle of the city! The kids get to spend a lot of time outdoors to enjoy the fresh air. Also, the school offers outdoor education, where they get to explore the bayou and the surrounding woods in their very own backyard and learn about mother nature. What really separates this school from others is their leadership program and focus on emotional intelligence. They truly incorporate this into their curriculum. I’ve met a few kids who graduated from this school and they are so articulate, respectful, thoughtful and confident. We have been there 4 years now and our kids love their school and friends. The teachers here are just phenomenal. I don’t how they the pack in so much “academically” each week (they email you a very comprehensive summary of what they learn each week) but they manage to do this while shaping them into confident, emotionally-intelligent people too.

This is such a wonderful place for children to grow and learn. The emphasis on the development of both academic and social/emotional skills is unparalleled!

This is our 4th year at The Fay School and we are extremely happy with the academic and personal growth that our daughters show. We want the best academics, which you can find only in top schools, but combined with a place that makes our girls happy to be at school. That is hard to find and we found it at Fay.

This is our third year at Fay and we couldnt be happier. It is a great and welcoming environment, where kids are treated like kids. The first time we visited Fay, and we saw that fantastic green area, where kids can run and just be kids, we thought - this is the one. Teachers are great, there are loads of volunteering opportunities and you feel part of a community. Highly recommend The Fay School!

My daughter started EC3 this year and we are so excited to be apart of The Fay School community. Allison & Brooke from admissions are fantastic. The school has delivered on everything promised during the admissions process. The greatest draw is the EQ, emotional leadership, program that is used throughout the school. Great skills for my daughter. Her teachers are awesome, such loving, thoughtful, smart women. They provide a lot of communication, can be overwhelming for some but I love it. I love being able to send an email to her teacher & know that I'll get a reply w/in a day. I also love that both her teacher and the headmaster send out weekly emails, so I don't really have to email the teacher much because they are proactively informing of what's going on at school. They are also very open to parent involvement - from big to small things. What I found I have the most in common with the other parents that I've met is that we all want our kids to be kids for as long as they can, we want them to be happy, and we want them to be challenged academically. I'm confident The Fay School can help us accomplish these goals. Stay at Fay, the after school program, is so fun.

From the time my son entered Kindergarten in 2008 to preparing for fourth grade, the quality of this school's academic curriculum has declined significantly. As this decline has occurred, there has been signs of demographic changes in the newly enrolled population. This has been coupled with an increase on fundraising efforts and pressures. We are returning this year, but plan to transfer next year to a school that puts academics ahead of the rest.

Still changes going on with new principal. Fay is growing in numbers but space is very limited. Love their Music @ Motor program for the little ones. It is life skills that our kids need, observe teacher and the activites were fun and exciting. Childre were singing, dancing, and laughing having a good time. Beautiful campus. Faculty is working with students on EQ. This work for some. Visit for yourself.

Last modified The Fay School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5