PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

I love this school! This school is definitely a school of God's.My two children have attended Christian School of Kingwood since they were both 1yrs. old! They are now in the elementary and preschool department. They challenge my children academically. The teachers are the most loving people! Yes, the move was difficult. However, as part of the CSK family, we pulled together and saw God's hand is in it!'n God is working in this school! The improvements over the summer are phenomenon! I am so lucky to have this school!

My child has attended CSK for 3 years now, and I can't say enough about this school. CSK provides a loving environment for my child, and a quality education. He has tested very well on the Stanford Test given at the end of the year. The best part of this school though is the Christian environment. The older students have a great relationship with the younger students, and serve as role models. Yes, the move was rough, but that is the case with all moves. Many upgrades were completed over the summer. The school now offers basketball, tennis, cheerleading, and other activities. The new administration this year is fantastic. This school has been an answer to my prayers.

If you are looking for a private school that is christ based and you are content with your child going to stephen F Austin at best then this is a great school. The new building is not the problem for most admini problems it is the administrations. This is NOT the kinkaid school or John Cooper. It is a country christian school and most parents are happy with that. The tuition is cheap but they will hound you for fundraising weekly. The "new" building is in need of $500k in repairs (per CSK) and it is obvious with ceilings falling in, a potholed entrance and lack of landscaping. Not one sports program even though they have tennis courts and 2 pools (from previous owner).

If your child is perfect then this school might be ok. My child attended the MDO program, at first it seemed like a great program. Then a new director took over right around the time the school moved. My child had some delays ie speech/self care and was making progress but not fast enough for the program, I was told they were not able to provide one on one care for my child ( which he didn't need) He was just a busy toddler as most 2 year olds are. Also there were some days when he would come home not fed and dirty. They are closed all school holidays which is very inconveinent for those who depend on care during times like christmas break ( not just the holidays) and spring break ect. I never was told positive things about my childs time at this school, only negative. When they decided to kick him out of the program, I got not sympathy only a well maybe he just needs a different kind of care. What kind of loving christian environment is that, that will not put in the extra effort to work with parents in the care of their child? I am complety livid with how my child was treated and how things were handled.

I will have to agree with the one negative review below. The parents had no notification of the move (I found out in the local newspaper). In addition I found out the weekend before my child was to start that they were delaying school by another week due to construction. This posed a concern for me as I and my husband both are full time workers and did not have a sitter for our child that extra week, however the school did step-up and offered care for free during school hours for that extra week. The only negative issue I have is the school's lack of organization. You receive little notification of happenings in advance. However, the teachers and staff genuinely care for each student, their education and Christian teachings. This school is definitely worth visiting with compared to that of the public schools.

I can not say enough about this awesome school! It is amazing to me that they were able to remodel the school so quickly. They have truly gone the extra mile in order to give our children such a wonderful place to call their own in order to grow both academically and spiritually. We knew that they had outgrown their old facility and even had to turn away 75 students last year due to space limitations, but we were amazed when they were able to purchase such an awesome new facility. Two pools, multiple outdoor tennis courts, a huge gym, plus land for future fields- this plus the highest academic and spiritual standards! Words can not express our excitement or our appreciation to the school not only for taking such a leap of faith on behalf of our children, but also for such a great last five years.

I have attended CSK for twelve years. It s my home, my refuge; it s the place I think of when things aren t going well. It s hard to believe, isn t it? A ninth grader who thinks of her school that way. I ve never heard anything like it. But if you could see what CSK is like, you would understand. Imagine a place where everyone is happy to see you, where you always hear laughter, and never a mean word. Imagine a place where you are surrounded only by people who love God and each other. That is what CSK is like. Those of us who have been here a long time will tell you - we ve witnessed many kids change their lives. I ve seen outcasts from other school welcomed with open arms by children in every grade. We have seen kids change the way they think about themselves.

I don't usually write reviews for things but the previous negative review compelled me to write a much needed correction. The school underwent a huge move to it's own facility after renting space froma local Kingwood church as the school's Board decided to expand through High School As with any growth come growing pains and also some chaos. Luckily, it was short-lived. While the construction project had it's share of delays and set backs, we started school only a week later than the public schools. The staff, students and parents are thrilled with the new facility! Nice playground, permanent walls (not partitions), and a first-rate staff (all certified teachers) all in a Christ-centered environment. We welcome you to come visit us! Please don't let a disgruntled previous parent disuade you form considering our wonderful school!

The school was great until they decided to move. They gave parents little information of the move and then changed how the children were housed a month before school started, to follow up with a week delayed school start. The parents were told that the school would be ready at the beginning of the school year, but still there is no real playground for the elementary students (just an old parking lot). The entire elementary school is housed in what used to be an exercise/weight room separated by partitions, and the kindergarten is in an old racquetball court. High school is small and seems unprepared compared to other public institutions. Very concerned about how the school will continue to function. No real playground and little to no real information on any build out for next year. Do not enroll without written guarantees concerning student learning and recess.

Last modified Christian School Of Kingwood is a Private school that serves grades PK-8