No rating

The Imani School

Private | PK-8

Living in Houston

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $90,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,080.

Posted January 27, 2011

I have 2 children that go to the Imani school and will have a 3rd one there soon. Best school period!!!! I rate the teachers 5 stars because they stay on the students to ensure they excel. I give the principal 5 stars because of her vision and execution. I am a parent and the parent involvment is outstanding 5 stars!

Posted December 4, 2010

(Part 3 of 3) Another area of concern is that even with the costly tuition, they still price-gauge anytime they can. For example, recently the students took a field trip and stated that admission would cost $21 per student; however, when I went to the website to get more information the actual cost was $9 per student. (AND Imani did not even provide lunch for them). Last year, Parents were charged $40 for the costumes for the end of the year production; however, when we received the costumes, it was apparent that they were no more than $15. And if you question the cost of different things, you are subjected to obvious contempt from the staff. In closing, let me say that Imani constantly emphasizes their academic prowess in an effort to hide the fact that they FAIL in every other area. Don t be fooled by their dramatic & enticing presentation when they are trying to recruit you! It is all a farce! The school staff is EXTREMELY unprofessional and the school is very unorganized. If you care about your child at all ---PLEASE send him/her to another school. Believe me, you will regret it if you don t. (Part 3 of 3)

Posted June 29, 2010

Our daughter attends The Imani School. We are thankful for the highly challenging academic programs, smaller class size and hard-working teachers and staff. Our daughter has impressed family and friends with what she's learned. Even the pediatrician mentioned she speaks confidently and politely to adults. I must give credit to Imani teachers because she was a little shy when we first started. There have been a few problems here and there but nothing that did not get resolved in the best interest of our child. As parents, it is only natural to want the very best to see your child make strides academically, emotionally and socially. Our daughter surprised us with many medals, and first place winnings in speech, spelling bees, math olympics and art competitions. This has been a real confidence and self-esteem booster. We look forward to another great school year next year.

Posted June 21, 2010

My son is now in high school and I wish that he could finish high school at Imani.

Posted February 15, 2010

I would certainly agree about the precautions on safety. We visited the school on several occassion and watch small children monitoring the front door of who came in. The school also lacks up keep although rich in culture. It was refreshing to see all of the peer modeling. We also attending a school function very disorganised and costly. The children ran wild with little support on appropriate social behavior at dance. It appears that what it what it lacks in infustructor in my make up in culture experience. A place to feel comfortable, with educators that resemble themselves can be a great experience. The Imani school is wonderful in concept. However, more support is needed.

Posted January 10, 2010

The Imani School is strong academically on the elementary side, but the middle school needs some improvement. Some of the teachers are not caring and does not have the warm and caring attitude that promotes learning. Learning suppose to be fun and nuturing. I agree that every school will have it problems, but when problems occur it should be corrected immediately! This is an area where the Imani School falls short. This happens with no correction and for the most part it continues.

Posted May 19, 2009

This was my first year at Imani and I was not pleased at all. The teachers will push the students but at the risk of not allowing them recess and not giving them breaks. The front office has their ups and downs. They school is not organized at all. I would not suggest sending your kid to Imani.

Posted May 16, 2009

I have to agree with the Dec. 2008 post. Our 1st year was awesome. The teacher was very good. The 2nd year was shockingly bad. It was like 2 different schools. The curriculum is very good, however, the kids may not get recess if the teacher doesn't like outdoors. The administration is not very proactive when it comes to parent satisfaction and oversite of teachers. This school is no longer living up to its reputation. After this year I must say that I have a new respect for public school. I cannot recommend it and cannot say its worth the money. We will not be returning.

Posted April 27, 2009

This is a school that is good they have some ups and downs, but overall your child will excell. I would recommend it and i won't so take it ike you want to.

Posted February 5, 2009

This is a great school. Students have a real for success and the parents are involved with school activities.

Posted December 3, 2008

This school is hit or miss. If you luck up and your child is in a teachers class who is caring, concerned, and interested regarding the well being of your child, GREAT! If not, you are in for the ride of your life. This is our 3rd year at Iman, the 1st was great, 2nd year - terrible, 3rd year - I am so fed up I will be withdrawing my daughter this week. Customer service has gone own the drain and I feel as if my concerns are falling on def ears. I have been to the office on several occasions. The fixes are temporary. I am reall disappointed and at my boiling point. Good luck to all who dare to enter. The environment is awesome, but a complete package is not an adjective I would use to describe this school. Something is always lacking. A costly one!

Posted October 20, 2008

5 stars. Good communication . Feels like a family setting

Posted December 25, 2007

I believe the school has an academic program that will propell your child to the top. There is simply no doubt about it, but bullying activity is unbearable and the administration does not have an effective plan to counteract it.

Posted February 25, 2007

Initially, due to communication problems with my son's teacher, I was not impressed. However, as the school year has progressed, I find that he has learned so much and now enjoys learning. If you could get past the administration issues, you child could be destined for a decent education from this school.

Posted January 2, 2007

The Imani School is a wonderful school.It has excellent extracurricular activities. I do think more parents could participate more events,also the Imani School is not for everyone I have learned that for the three years I have been at the Imani School.
—Submitted by a student

Posted December 22, 2006

My child went to the Imani School as a 4 year old for only about two months. He felt there was too much work (8-10 pages each night for a pre-K class). Our experience was pretty bad. The administration and the teachers do not communicate well with parents or each other. I think they do not practice what they preach there (i.e. they do not encourage children to reach their full potential).

Posted October 10, 2006

The Imani School is exceptional! I am so pleased with the education my child has received over the past three years. The majority of students excel both socially and academically. Homework is given daily... Parental involvement is strongly encouraged...Issues/concerns are resolved in a timely manner. I would recommend the school to anyone who wants a challenging, nurturing, Christian environment for their child. My child is above grade level in every subject. The school's Jazz Enzemble is phenomenal. Fine Arts are offered to all students. Sign language, guitar lessons, chess, art, dance, robotics and karate are just a few of the after school activities available for a reasonable fee.

Posted September 18, 2006

I feel that The Imani School is a great place for a good foundation for any child . My student is currently attending the school and I am very happy with his progress. The school is wonderful place and it's a place where you as a parent will be taught something new as well as the students!

Posted August 22, 2006

The Imani School was an excellent experience for me and bothof my children. The environment is unlike any other. I would strongly suggest taking a look at Imani if you want private education for your children.

Posted June 18, 2006

Imani is a great school with good integrity. This school is high in academic performance. My son went to this school for two years and learned more than most kids in his grade. He was ahead of the class in many ways. I was pleased.

Asian or Pacific Islander 0% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Patricia Hogan Williams
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious