PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

The Imani school has the most talented and dedicated teachers. They have brought out the best in our three children. They all have such high self esteem , which their father and I attribute in part to the Imani teachers and staff . All of our children have also scored well above grade level. We could not be happier !

The main problem of concern with the school is lack of professionalism displayed by the teachers. Some teachers especially at higher levels do not display the commitment to education and students as one would expect from a private and religious institution. I have experienced negative comments towards students and even some that rise to the level of being a determinant to the child s social and academic development. If you have an average student are not the type of parent to consistently advocate for your child on a regular basis then your child will get lost here. I would not recommend this school beyond 3rd grade. The foundation is excellent and it seems that the teachers at this level value their influence of the child s development. If the school can find a way to recruit and train better teachers especially then they can fair much better in the future.

As the aunt of several students which have attended the Imani School, I've been impressed with the imagination and creativity of the programs and the excellence instilled in the students. The programs are well executed, and the children are excited to share their learnings with me when I come to visit. It's exciting to see them thrilled with learning-- that's an invaluable gift that will hold them all their lifetime.

The Imani School provided a solid foundation for my daughter and while she was there I was thoroughly impressed. However, the reason we decided to pull our daughter out at the start of her 1st grade year, and after tuition had been paid in full without a refund, was pure and simple greed and unprofessionalism portrayed by the administration. The FACT is that when you sign your child up for the next session and choose a teacher, they (administration) are aware of how many families have already signed on to a particular teacher and know your chances of actually getting your chosen teacher. However, instead of informing parents, before paying for the next session, they choose to leave families thinking they may have a chance in getting their child into a particular teacher's class. This would be no big deal if ALL the teachers taught the EXACT same subject matter and at the same level. This is real and also unfortunate. For that reason, we pulled our child out of the school. However, the foundational learning that she did receive were great. If you do choose to send your children, do so through Kindergarten...only!

Imani was once a great school and now it has seemed to lost its way. There is a lack of professionalism missing with the administration and teachers who are unable to distinguish clear boundaries with students and parents. Some of the behavior displayed by the staff would have an average employee reprimanded. Teachers are blatant with their cell phone conversations, internet usage, and texting during instructional hours. They are also inconsistent with their email responses addressing parental concerns. While tuition is affordable, you will find yourself overwhelmed by unplanned fees and expenses. The school has potential for greatness again if it can manage to find its way again. I believe the academics are a great foundation but more needs to be done in science and foreign language. The Spanish program is virtually non-existent as well as physical education. On a good day, the school can be deemed organized chaos. Also, you have some really excellent teachers in the building who are committed to the students which is why I believe the school can ultimately reclaim its original reputation. It is a few of the heavier burdens that are causing the bough to break.

This school is excellent. Its students, at all grade levels, routinely excel in city, state, and national academic competitions such as BETA and ACSI. Its graduates excel when they move on to public and private schools such as Strake Jesuit, St. John and Episcopal high schools A short unannounced visit to its campus will allow one to see the effect of its training in social graces and its efforts directed towards the enhancement of self esteem in the students.

We LOVE this school! We have been there for four years now. Every on of my children's teachers have been outstanding. Our children have been challenged academically and are truly thriving. The reading and math programs are top notch.

My experience with The Imani School has been a great one. My children continue to be challenged without feeling overwhelmed. Their confidence is increadable. They are taught that there is nothing they can not acheive. Everyday my children show me what I am paying for. Whether it's through obseving their social interactions, above average test scores, or their desire to learn. Great job Imani!

My children have attended The Imani School for seven years and our experience has been very positive. Each of my children have gained a solid academic foundation and have had an opportunity to be exposed to to cultural and enriching activities through fine arts. The Head of School, who knows ALL of the children, encourages students to always strive to be their personal best and insists that teachers do the same.

I agree with the last reviewer. I have had two children graduate from The Imani School. Both were accepted to every one of the private college preparatory high schools to which they applied, and we have found that they were very well prepared for the rigors of these academic programs.

Last modified The Imani School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8