No rating

Yorkshire Academy

Private | PK-5 | 250 students

We are best known for nurturing/challenging program.

Living in Houston

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $351,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,060.

Posted September 23, 2011

My son has been attending Yorkshire Academy for 4 years. I can not say enough good things about this school! The teachers challenge the children academically, and my sons confidence goes from strength to strength. The staff are very caring and supportive, and the parents are also very active in school life. My son is very happy, and always looks forward to going to school, it really is a special place!

Posted September 22, 2011

My daughters love Yorkshire Academy. They have been attending since MDO and are now in pre-K and 1st grade. YA is a great school if you want your children to be in a nurturing environment and academically challenged. There is so much to do at the school, lots of extra activities, and the teachers and staff are extremely talented and capable and very dedicated to the children My daughters are always happy to go to school, and often do not want to leave. They have a great before and after school program, and the Summer camps are interesting and fun, we always look forward to seeing what is planned for the next year. Exceptional school, teachers and pupils!

Posted September 22, 2011

Yorkshire Academy is the best private school in Houston for elementary and preschool children. Its mix of smaller class sizes, challenging academics and emphasis on enrichment made it the ideal choice for our two children. We had not planned on keeping our kids in private school through 5th grade, but we did just that and it was the best parental decision we ever made.

Posted July 24, 2011

Yorkshire Academy has been an incredible experience for all three of my children. Yorkshire is a very positive school where every child is valued. They care so much about your child and their success and create a loving environment to make each child reach their potential. They expose and encourage overall growth and encourage good character. My children will go into the world better people because of the experience at Yorkshire Academy.

Posted May 31, 2011

My son attended YA for pre-school after relocated from Asia. I can honestly says that the school have done an excellent job. My son got up every morning and beging me to be hurry so that he could go to school. I am very please with the school. The teachers, staffs knows every students by name.There are many things in life that we worrying about but the school, I know my son is in a good hand.

Posted May 25, 2010

My son loves this school! He proudly tells me all about the happenings of the day when I pick him up! The teachers are great! Each child is valued and respected! I am grateful for the continuous communication with what is going on at school. When I drop him off in the mornings, I feel confident that I am leaving him in good hands. I know that each day is productive, which reinforces my decision in choosing this school!

Posted May 24, 2010

I love Yorkshire Academy. They are a very small, nurturing private school. We have had an amazing experience this year and our children have grown academically and socially. Our experience has been amazing!

Posted May 24, 2010

Yorkshire Academy is an amazing school! I have been very pleased with the academic achievements of my two children. I really like the small class sizes which allow for more interaction with the teacher. The teachers and staff are very nurturing and know all the children by name! I love this school!

Posted May 21, 2010

For such a small school, it is amazing they 'lost' my 4 year old, who was playing by himself outside when he had an after school class there which I payed for , then they also tried to charge me for after school care on top of that. There is no nurse so if something goes wrong, good luck. It is for profit privately owned and it is all about money money money. We had a great teacher but we will not continue there as we are fed up with the management.

Posted April 23, 2010

My children look forward to go to school everyday. The school offers an academically competitive program by putting the fun into learning... Wonderful student mix from all over the world.

Posted February 18, 2006

My son truly enjoys the school. I feel very comfortable with it. It is small enough that everyone seems to know everybody and it offers lots of extracurricular activities.

Posted January 5, 2006

Yorkshire is a school my daughter thoroughly enjoyed. All the teachers know each child by name, very warm and nurturing school. It has done well in recent PSIA competitions and students are given the chance to stretch themselves academically through that. All the children look forward to performing in musicals that the school's music teacher arranges. That makes school fun and I think makes a positive lasting impression of what education should be to a child.

Posted November 2, 2005

Teachers are high quality in teaching and communication skills. Strong language art, social studies, art, music, and math academics. The art and musical program are sensational. Children are thriving to go to school.

Posted August 23, 2005

The best private school in the area. Individualized teaching, dedicated staff, and wonderful extracurriculars make this school a step above. Extras like enrichment classes, a wonderful art, music and library program. Beautiful campus! Top quality teachers.

Posted September 13, 2004

My children love this school and have blossomed here. We are so thankful for Yorkshire Academy. The teachers are wonderful, and the curriculum is challenging. We love the small class sizes. It has been the best thing we've ever done for our children!

Posted May 28, 2004

This is a wonderful school for children diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome (high functioning austic)and PDD (Pervasive Development Disorder). Both of my children have had good experiences working with the teachers and the curriculum.

Asian or Pacific Islander 9% 4%

Language learning

Foreign languages taught
  • Chinese (Mandarin)
  • Spanish

Health & athletics

• Access to sports fields

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Janet Howard
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

Apply now

What does it cost?

Financial aid offered

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
The Village School