Posted January 15, 2015
AOS has guided me through life. I would not be who I am without it.

Posted October 19, 2014
I graduated from AOS and went on to St. Agnes Academy. You always hear about how much AOS prepares you for highschool, but I never really realized it until my first couple of weeks at St. Agnes. Many of the students from the other schools were having a hard time managing the work load, while all of the AOS alumni were doing amazing. I would say at some points, freshman year was almost easier than 8th grade was at AOS. I can't thank the teachers enough at AOS for preparing me so well.

Posted September 09, 2013
I would agree that AOS seems to have a hard time figuring out how to manage boys. We attended AOS for Pre-K and were concerned about the apparent lack of discipline. Our son constantly complained of being hit, shoved, etc., and therefore was always anxious about going to school. The academics are good, but there appear to be too many kids who are allowed to run wild in the pre-school classes. This may not be an issue in the older grades. Our son went on to West University Elementary for K and 1st and has not had the problem since.

Annunciation Orthodox School 3

Posted September 02, 2013
Please note for lower school grades k-12 the class size is 20-22 students not 12 as noted on the overview. Kinder has an assistant. Higher grades have floating help with reading and math depending upon the grade. I do agree with another reviewer that AOS seems to have moved away from the mission statement of nuturing hearts and minds with more emphasis on academics. The school seems to be willing to work with kids with minor learning differences.

Annunciation Orthodox School 2

Posted January 22, 2013
OS has some really wonderful qualities but the profound lack of leadership at the school has really begun to affect the quality of education. It is a good school for girls but there seem to be a lack of understanding of how to educate boys. AOS used to be a school that fostered and developed children's character but now that charming quality of the school seems to be missing. AOS's mission statement states that AOS "celebrates the diverse and individual qualities of all children and their families." I have to say that after spending 25 student years at AOS with my children I do not believe that to be true anymore.

Annunciation Orthodox School 0

Posted November 02, 2009
I am a student attending AOS. I love this school so much. Everybody is just like one big fat greek AOS family!!

Posted September 18, 2009
I love this school so much. The teachers are willing to help you at any time and they really get to know your personality. One big part of this school is I can say is that this school makes you feel like the students and faculty are your family. You can help the community in so many ways. It has built me a strong foundation and the academics along with athletics are very challenging. I am very prepared for HS and I have made life-long friends. I can't say enough about this school and what it has done for me. The public speaking opportunities and the welcoming enviorment has made me such a better person. The learning enviorment outstanding, makes me want to go to school- top of the line teahcers.They also emphasize on building our character alot.The best lower and middle school in Houston, without a doubt.

Posted December 07, 2008
I have 2 children attending AOS. It is an outstanding school. The academics are challenging and the administration is very receptive to parental input. The curriculum is very academic and the teachers are able to individualize for your child if your child is exceptionally advanced and needs even more challenging work. The teachers and administrators are very caring and really get to know the children. In addition to the broad scope of academics, AOS also focuses on developing well-rounded individuals who are concerned about the world around them and making it a better place. The enrichment program and the athletics also excel. We love AOS. Our children everyday come home bubbling over about the wonderful things they learned that day and how much fun they had doing it.

Posted August 22, 2008
Teachers are excellent, engaging and caring for all students. The school is academically challenging, with an early introduction to public speaking and real world interactions; Nikos T. Plakas programs pair up younger children with older ones and emphasize character building. My three kids in the school love it.

Annunciation Orthodox School 1

Posted July 24, 2008

Annunciation Orthodox School
3600 Yoakum Boulevard, Houston, TX  77006
Last modified Annunciation Orthodox School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Annunciation Orthodox School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top