PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Here lies the unprecedented formula for an academic foundation rich in character, faith and knowledge. We offer a stellar early childhood education beginning with children as early as six months old. Our curriculum builds to meet the needs of students in Elementary School and continues to prepare our Middle School students for top high schools in the area. With class sizes small enough to offer personalized instruction, qualified and experienced educators, and core Christian values, you and your child will feel right at home.
December 14, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (9 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (4 responses)

Posted June 21, 2016
My family has been at Wesley Academy for 5 years. We have had a wonderful experience with the staff and other families who attend. Our daughter is growing academically, spiritually, and socially. Her teachers are always willing and available to talk with us and communicate her progress. We have made many friendships with other families and truly feel like this is a loving and supportive environment. I would recommend Wesley Academy to other families looking for a great school in West Houston.

Wesley Academy 2

Posted June 08, 2016
Teacher retention is at an all time low. They are not retaining the good teachers meanwhile keeping the teacher that should not be retained. Additionally, their is a small clique of parents on the board and also on PTO who control the school and it's not a healthy environment when any concerns arise. It leads to issues not getting resolved successfully as said persons are extremely defensive. We were there for years and it just got worse. They couldn't keep a head of school either.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted May 17, 2016
I would like to thank Ms.Elaine Pendergrass. She is our head of school and a teacher as well. She has done an amazing job as principal over the past couple years. Also, she teaches us about God and the Bible. We love Ms.Elaine!! Also, I'd like to thank Ms.Joanne Crowell, our middle school dean and math teacher. Up until 6th grade, when I got Ms.Crowell, I absolutely hated math and I was so bad at it! She totally changed my perspective on math and now, I love math so much and it is my best subject! She is the best teacher I've ever had and everyone loves her!!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 10, 2016
My son's teacher has been fantastic. He is in pre-K and this age can be challenging at times. She has shown patience and understanding, care and adoration, combined with Christian morals. He has really enjoyed Wesley Academy. Thank you for all that you do.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 05, 2016
My kids teachers are just amazing! They take care of my kids with so much love, faith, knowledge and pacience. My older one (3yo) learned so much this school year! And she's waiting for de summer camp! My small one (2yo) is growing so independent, smart and friendly! And his teachers are so pacience to teach how/ when do the things and about his feelings. Thank you for staying in our life!

Posted April 03, 2016
In spite of some issues earlier this year, the teachers and staff have been committed to our children in making sure that their education was always on the fore front and undisturbed! My children are happy, well adjusted, thriving students at Wesley. I am apalled at the parent review who accuses the school of stealing her child's support money! We were present in every single meeting and not once was it mentioned that we would get reimbursed! When the possibility of the school closure was announced, they said if parents chose to withdraw from the school, they would not be held to their contracts, period. I think it speaks volumes that even when we were given that option, only one family left. Wesley families are a close community. We love our teachers and staff and that love is reciprocated!

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted March 11, 2016
They have learned to respect other students, teachers and care about the feelings of others.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted March 11, 2016
My children have learned to care about others, the country, the state and the Bible.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted March 11, 2016
Wesley teaches strong Christian values. Self respect and respect for others. Everyone is to be treated fairly.

Posted March 11, 2016
I have two students at Wesley. They are thriving. They are doing well in academics and sports. Participating in athletics has made both of them more self confident. They stress Christian values and it is a safe, caring school.

10570 Westpark Dr, Houston, TX  77042