Posted March 16, 2015
I cannot say enough good things about the teachers, administration, and parents at BYDS. Everyone has been so welcoming and I could not ask for more caring and attentive teachers. There is a true sense of community at this school. My sons are currently in the twos and threes in the early childhood program and we hope to continue through 5th grade. My kids come home happy every day and cannot wait to see their teachers and friends every morning. They are learning more and more every day and I have seen an increase in my older son's self confidence since starting there. The low teacher-student ratio is a huge plus. The kids get plenty of attention from the teachers and mine are thriving here. I love that music is an important part of their time there and that in addition to their lessons they are given ample time each day to play and be creative. As for their religious education they are much more connected to their Jewish identities than before starting there. They enjoy Shabbat service and learning about Jewish traditions and culture is made fun and is age appropriate. I cannot imagine a better school for my children.

Posted February 02, 2015
We came to this school in the fall of our son's first grade. We found it acedemically strongly and incredibly nurturing. I am writing this post because half way through the year, we had to temporarily move to another city. Our son, however, so loved Beth Yeshuran that despite going to a very good private school in the new city, where he acclimated just fine, he asked every day to come back to his exceptional teacher at Beth Yeshuran. We were so happy with Beth Yeshuran, and all the extra attention in terms of additional support and nurturing that the teacher and the school gave the children, that we forfeited our tuition in the other city, and came back to Houston for no other reason than to bring our son back to this school. The school is truly wonderful in taking a personal interest in every child and giving the particular individual attention that each child needs to succeed. The administration is beyond professional and helpful. This is a gem of a school where the children are truly happy to come to school. I cannot recommend this school enough for its nurturing nature, strong academics, and individualized attention.

Posted June 12, 2014
I have lived all over the U.S., and I have never seen a tight-knit and loving community like this one. It's large enough to provide a tremendous variety of opportunities (after-school activities, specialist classes, and so on) but small enough to be intimate. Every teacher knows my children's names. Most of the students know one another across grades. The parents and teachers love the children like they're their own. If it really does take a village to raise a child, this is the ultimate village that combines academic opportunity with an intense love and caring for all people. We've been through amazing times and terrible tragedies as a community, and they've forged a deep and intense bond. I'm so happy that my family is here.

Posted June 12, 2014
In the 10 years that I have been a parent at BYDS I have been confident that I made the right choice for my children. As the years have gone by the academics, administration, facility and community have improved significantly. I strongly recommend BYDS for anyone seeking a Jewish Day School experience in Houston, TX that combines high quality general and Judaic studies from early childhood through 5th grade.

Posted June 11, 2014
Our two children have had exceptional experiences each year at Beth Yeshurun Day School, but this one was clearly special. Our first grader greatly improved as a reader and writer and made significant progress in her math. She truly enjoys her Hebrew and Judaic studies classes and has expanded her love for Jewish traditions. She looks forward to seeing her friends each day at school and I suspect many of these relationships will last a lifetime. Likewise, our preschooler is growing more independent and is developing the social skills that will prove beneficial throughout life. She established many wonderful friendships this year and is developing a solid foundation in Judaism. To us, BYDS is more than a school; it is a community where students, faculty, and families learn together, pray together, and play together. We celebrate each other s milestones and accomplishments and provide support in times of need. We could not be more pleased with our BYDS experiences and recognize the strong impact that the school is having on our children s young lives. Thank you to all the wonderful educators and the administration team at our exceptional school.

Posted June 11, 2014
We choose Beth Yeshurun Day School because we wanted our young children to obtain a strong foundation in Jewish life. We could not be more pleased. Beth Yeshurun helps establish an early Jewish identity through familiarity with songs and prayers; teachings and observances of Shabbat, holidays, and traditions; and ongoing interaction with synagogue Rabbis and other religious professionals. Though aligned with Conservative Judaism, the school is very respectful and welcoming to all levels of observance. In fact, many non-Jewish families feel at home and find comfort in the nurturing environment and appreciate the strong moral and ethical code that the school adheres to. Beth Yeshurun prepares its students to live as committed, knowledgeable, and caring individuals. From the Mensch of the Day program to weekly Tzadakah projects, it provides so many opportunities to instill strong moral values in the children.

Posted June 11, 2014
I cannot say enough great things about Beth Yeshurun Day School. Our older child has been there six years, our younger child two years, and each year has been amazing in its own way. Their teachers have all been warm, loving, and engaging, our children have made wonderful friends, they are thriving and happy, and we've been very pleased with the challenging curriculum. And the parents and volunteers are a wonderful and supportive school "family." BYDS has exceeded all of our expectations and we cannot imagine being anywhere else.

Beth Yeshurun Day School 1

Posted June 03, 2014
I would not recommend this school at all. The school is run by a bunch of Christian people (new principal is married to a Jewish man but not Jewish herself, new head of school is Mormon). A lot of experienced teachers have recently be let go and contracts were not renewed. This school is a joke and you pay $16k per year for it.

Posted February 28, 2014
All of the teachers smile and know the students by name. The teachers care about every student-It's a close knit family. The care and affection that Ms. Monique & Ms. Michelle provide on a daily basis is beyond words. They always smile and offer a hug when He enters the classroom--they make him feel welcomed, loved and safe. We feel at peace, when we leave Our son in class for the school day. We even extended his day from 12 noon to 2:00pm bc he told us he wanted to eat lunch with his classmates! The interesting activities that Ms. Monique and Ms. Michelle plan, the room they decorate exhibiting the children's work, the friendships they help foster-- it's all incredible. It's helping our son believe that school is fun, which is incredibly important! BYDS helps build the foundation for academic achievement, focus and social interactions. Our son has transformed from being a child that would cry and feel uneasy about attending school to a child that gleefully sings every morning about his teachers and classmates! It is with great pleasure that we write this review and appreciation on behalf BYDS teachers, faculty

Posted February 28, 2014
From the first call the admission director (Mireille) She was attentive, knowledgable & extremely generous with her time.Providing 2 extensive tours accompanied with Q&A sessions. I was able to sit in various classrooms & witness the excitement with students actively participating.The students were happy--the teachers were passionate! We are overjoyed that our son is relishing preschool. It's not easy to send your first child to school but seeing what a ball He is having makes it a breeze. We also have the early childhood principal (Riana) To thank for this truly remarkable experience. Imagine be greeted every morning by the principal bending on her knees to greet students entering the school,much less by their names!! It is not uncommon for our son to remark how The principal enters the classroom and enjoys hands on time with him and his classmates ( play dough, drawing, etc). Our son also shares with us how the principal will stop in the hallway & share a hug or inquire how the day is going. Riana is totally involved with the daily aspects of the school day. The respect exhibited to her from the faculty and staff is a testament to the remarkable job she does at BYDS.

Beth Yeshurun Day School
4525 Beechnut Street, Houston, TX  77096
Last modified Beth Yeshurun Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Beth Yeshurun Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top