Posted April 30, 2014
Sadly this is our last year at St. Thomas. My only complaint so far is that it stops at 5th grade. Our experience here has been wonderful and for my son life changing. St. Thomas brings out the best in all of it's students.

Posted April 30, 2014
St. Thomas is a warm, caring, loving atmosphere that provides outstanding educational opportunities from a highly qualified staff. The art, drama, and music programs are especially creative and engaging. The core values of Competence, Creativity, Character, and Compassion are emphasized on a daily basis. St. Thomas has been voted "the best private school in the Bay Area" two years in a row and the majority of our new students come from glowing referrals from out parents. The teachers view the students as individuals and adjust their curriculum and teaching styles to bring out the best in each child. We have a wonderful before and after care program that concentrates on getting homework completed, crafts, and physical activity. We have numerous after school programs such as quilting, karate, music lessons, Jump Bunch, chess club, and art lessons. There are field trips to numerous educationally interesting venues, including a week-long camping trip in the fall for the 3rd-5th graders. The PreK-3 and PreK-4 programs are very advanced and do an excellent job of preparing the children for Kindergarten and first grade. We embrace the whole family in a very nurturing atmosphere.

Posted April 29, 2014
St. Thomas truly offers the best primary education I could wish for. My child is blossoming and excelling more then I could imagine as are her peers. The teachers are very supportive, caring and truly teach. The head of school greets the children almost every morning with true enthusiasm. The children are always hugging her and the teachers with joyous smiles. The playground is spacious, safe, shaded and full of fun equipment for out children to play. I highly recommend this school!

Posted April 29, 2014
I would. It take my child anywhere else. I say this as an educator myself. I have the highest standards. I expect a lot from my child's school and St Thomas exceeds my expectations. I want to be a part of my child's education and they are the only school in the area that let's me truly be a part of her learning process. This is the best of homeschooling without my having to do the work! Most amazing is the ability for me to come in and eat lunch with my child! No where in the area allows you to do that!

Posted April 02, 2014
This school has a rigorous curriculum and caring teachers. My child loves being surrounded by supportive classmates and enjoys the challenges of individualized learning. If you want your child to go to school with a smile in the morning, this is the school for you. I wish St Thomas the Apostle school continued all the way through high school!

Posted October 24, 2013
St Thomas is really a great school. My son has ADHD and the small class size helps him get the teacher time he needs. The staff is all wonderful. My kids go in most mornings to hug the principal because they love her! I would highly recommend St Thomas for any family that wants their kids to get a Christian education or that has a child that needs a little more teacher attention.

Posted October 24, 2013
Both my grandchildren go to St Thomas and love it. I love the fact the teachers know them by name, and hugs are free and plentiful. The outstanding teachers are caring and seem to genuinely care for the children.

Posted October 24, 2013
Wonderful school.caring.loving teachers and staff. The curriculum is top notch and highly comparable to public schools. Teachers are willing and capable of changing their teaching methods to fit the individual child.

Posted August 10, 2013
My children attended this school and it is a wonderful school with amazing teachers & curriculum. The Pre-K, Kinder, 1st & 2nd grades are especially strong. The librarian is amazing. My kids left the school with a desire for reading that is unsurpassed thanks to her individual attention to each child. The parent who mentioned that this school was more of a MDO is wrong. She is a disgruntled ex-parent who was asked to leave because she was so incredibly difficult and disrespectful to the teachers. STAES is not just a school, it is a safe and loving environment for your children. You give your child a well-rounded education and life-long friendships. It is a family. The cons to STAES is that other families have not found it yet, and the class sizes have remained too small. A few more children in each class would be better. Due to this the cost has gotten a little too high. The strength is the teachers, but the current principal would be better suited to teaching at a University. Her PHD in curriculum is impressive, but her management and admin skills need a great deal of improvement. Luckily she has a good staff and school board to help overcome these shortcomings.

St. Thomas the Apostle Day School 2

Posted July 28, 2013
The diversity in some of the comments made is a concern.... seems like some parents believe their children are receiving the attention and care warranted for the cost of a private school, and others are not. I talked with a previous parent who said their child was the only one in their class not doing well, and there was no initiative by the teacher or school to assist. Makes me wonder if the school is set up for only those that fit a mold... also, the facility concerns commented on in January and just recently are also a concern. So... why would I choose this over other options like Galloway?

St. Thomas the Apostle Day School
18300 Upper Bay Road, Houston, TX  77058
Last modified St. Thomas the Apostle Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
St. Thomas the Apostle Day School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top