PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Teachers seem to have no experience or even proper training/certification, and private schools in Texas are not required to provide either in their teachers.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The school has no antibullying policy. No coherent policy to speak of. You have the right to pay tuition on time, and that is all.

The school has no coherent curriculum and provides babysitting services only. Their older grades are housed in a small shack in the back of the main building. Very much like a one-room schoolhouse. All the teachers who were their for years are gone, new teachers come and go every year. Don't make a mistake and waste even a single year at this school.

The school struggles with a smaller size to remain viable. It's a lovely school where your child is known by name by almost all who teach and work there. The teachers are all seasoned, experienced people who teach in an environment where they can focus on the children and preparing interesting learning opportunities, it's not uncommon to see several of the teachers' cars still there into early evening and on the weekend. The smaller class size allows for more individual attention and support to understand a concept or to keep moving, they are not held back. Lately there has been a lot of teacher turnover, which is a concern, and several of the replacement teachers have not been up to par. I do hope that the school can weather through and grow stronger, my child and I value the education and relationships.

St. Thomas is no longer the school it once was. Poor leadership has fed the decline of this schools education standards and climate. The head of school does not support her teachers and all the best teachers are leaving & have left already or have just lost their spark. We will miss the families & good teachers that once made this school great. But our children need a better education.

Sadly this is our last year at St. Thomas. My only complaint so far is that it stops at 5th grade. Our experience here has been wonderful and for my son life changing. St. Thomas brings out the best in all of it's students.

St. Thomas is a warm, caring, loving atmosphere that provides outstanding educational opportunities from a highly qualified staff. The art, drama, and music programs are especially creative and engaging. The core values of Competence, Creativity, Character, and Compassion are emphasized on a daily basis. St. Thomas has been voted "the best private school in the Bay Area" two years in a row and the majority of our new students come from glowing referrals from out parents. The teachers view the students as individuals and adjust their curriculum and teaching styles to bring out the best in each child. We have a wonderful before and after care program that concentrates on getting homework completed, crafts, and physical activity. We have numerous after school programs such as quilting, karate, music lessons, Jump Bunch, chess club, and art lessons. There are field trips to numerous educationally interesting venues, including a week-long camping trip in the fall for the 3rd-5th graders. The PreK-3 and PreK-4 programs are very advanced and do an excellent job of preparing the children for Kindergarten and first grade. We embrace the whole family in a very nurturing atmosphere.

I would. It take my child anywhere else. I say this as an educator myself. I have the highest standards. I expect a lot from my child's school and St Thomas exceeds my expectations. I want to be a part of my child's education and they are the only school in the area that let's me truly be a part of her learning process. This is the best of homeschooling without my having to do the work! Most amazing is the ability for me to come in and eat lunch with my child! No where in the area allows you to do that!

St Thomas is really a great school. My son has ADHD and the small class size helps him get the teacher time he needs. The staff is all wonderful. My kids go in most mornings to hug the principal because they love her! I would highly recommend St Thomas for any family that wants their kids to get a Christian education or that has a child that needs a little more teacher attention.

Both my grandchildren go to St Thomas and love it. I love the fact the teachers know them by name, and hugs are free and plentiful. The outstanding teachers are caring and seem to genuinely care for the children.

Last modified St. Thomas the Apostle Episcopal School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5