Posted May 24, 2013
I am happy with the accomplishments that my kid attending kindergarten has made this year. We recently moved to Houston a few months back and my child didn t know English, during this time he has learned to talk, read and write English. They give him vocabulary words each week that helps him expand his knowledge in the language. Also this helps him to learn how to use the dictionary. I would recommend the school to any parent because with the Montessori curriculum the children really learn a lot.

Medical Center Charter School/Southwest 4

Posted May 24, 2013
i have been a student at the Medical Center Charter School for nine years,and i can honestly say that this is a wonderful school.The school has changed greatly over the past years.MCCS has grown in size and remendously,there are also many more students,and the staff is amazing.The teachers are nice,smart,helpful,and eager to teach you.The principal is very intelligent;actually she is one of the smartest people that i have had the fortune to meet.When i first started trying to learn math ,i had some difficulties,but she patiently helped me to become a much better math student.The foreign language classess are a challenge,but now i can fluently speak Spanish,French,and Latin.My experiences at the Medical Center Charter School have beem marvelous,and i highly reccomend you become a member of this fine institution of higher learning!

Medical Center Charter School/Southwest 1

Posted January 28, 2013
fine arts -art room- is used as a classroom because the school is overcrowded, the art teacher teaches out of a box and goes to each class.

Posted October 22, 2012
The new Fine Arts Building is beautiful with rooms for art, music, orchestra, and offices. This provides two new classrooms. The Principal and teachers are excellent and the campus is busy with learning.

Medical Center Charter School/Southwest 2

Posted May 10, 2012
To be fair, I must start with saying that this school does go above and beyond with teaching the children. However, I am sorely disappointed with the administration here. Classes are huge and overcrowded - 36 preschoolers with one teacher plus an aid. It's unbelievable really, that the kids do learn. Anyone considering MCCS should know that the school has absolutely ZERO organization. It's a serious problem. It's so disorganized that I don't feel safe leaving my daughter. Also, she is three and if she arrives after her classmates have left the drop-off area in the morning, she is sent to walk to her class (in an outbuilding) alone. This would never happen at another school. My daughter has enjoyed her main teacher this year, however, the aid has caused her much anxiety. She cries every morning that she doesn't want to go because this person is "mean to us" (the children). I have recently become aware that as a punishment, children are made to stand by the wall with their arms out to their sides, airplane style for some period of time. This is both physically uncomfortable and humiliating to children. Sadly, i cannot recommend MCCS and will not return next year.

Medical Center Charter School/Southwest 4

Posted March 23, 2012
My child attends MCCS school on Mullins. She is happy and loves her teachers.Principal ,Staff and Administrators are very kind and proficient. Students can log into the Study Island from home and practice what they learned in the school. MCCS is a good school and I am happy my child is attending a great school.

Medical Center Charter School/Southwest 1

Posted March 07, 2012
The Medical Center Charter School is a very unorganized school with overcrowded classes and I wouldn't recommend any parent to send their child to this school because of these poor conditions...whomever runs this schools has no business running it or anything else for that matter...I am totally disappointed with every aspect of the Medical Center Charter School, they're UNSATISFACTORY beyond words!!

Medical Center Charter School/Southwest 3

Posted September 07, 2011
I heard the curriculum was good here (and I am speaking of the MCCS on Mullins), but my child doesnt like the school for whatever reason. It's making me quite uneasy. My child is pretty sociable and loves school, typically, but always says they dislike it. I dont know. I have an uncomfortable feeling --- not the "secure" feeling that I had at her last school.

Posted April 20, 2011
The Medical Center Charter School has been an Exemplary School for the past 2 years. This can be attributed to the advanced curriculum, dedicated teachers, very hard working students, and the care and concern that is shown by the Principal, the teachers, and all of the Administrators. MCCS was one of the first Charters Schools in the state of Texas and the CEO Mrs. Margot Heard has always been inolved wih the parents, the staff, and incoming parents. It is very impressive that Mrs. Heard and the staff of MCCS can be reached at anytime, and if a parent has a concern it is adressed immediately. The fact that the CEO, staff members, and administrators can be reached in such a timely manner adds a very personal touch to the school. There are also tutorials during school and after school for students that may need extra assistance with their academics. Study Island is an internet program implemented into the regular school day and also is included in the after school tutorials. The students can work on Study Island from their home. MCCS is a great school where everyone is a part of an extended family.

Posted April 14, 2011
My child couldn't be happier attending this school. She loves the teacher and is learning so much. I highly recommend this Charter school if you want your children to have a great quality education.

Medical Center Charter School/Southwest
10420 Mullins, Houston, TX  77096
Last modified Medical Center Charter School/Southwest is a Charter school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Medical Center Charter School/Southwest Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 39 reviews.