Public charter
Houston, TX

Posted August 09, 2015
When my son started 1st grade here, he was just barely reading despite practice with parents and a private reading tutor twice a week. By the end of the year, he could read 60 words a minute! His teacher is very calm and really knows her students, but honestly, most of the teachers know most of the students and parents in this small, personal school. I can also say that I saw the kids generally treating each other with respect.

Posted January 25, 2015
The school and teacher were so awesome unfortunately we are relocated . My kid studied pre k 3 there even at that age he can able to write, listen n do math because of his ms Charles daily homework and teaching was so good n even other class staff also so good glad to here from other parents. We love Houston heights learning academy..

Posted August 27, 2013
H.H.L.A. is awesome! My children begin their elementary school career at H.H.L.A. in Pre-K 3. They are still in attendance there, however, are now in Kindergarten and 1st grade. All teachers know all children. They are one big family! Mrs. East, the principal, is a jewel. I love this school!

Posted August 22, 2013
My son went to this school. Unfortunately we had to move. When I get updates from his current teacher, I am finding that he is far more advanced than the other kids his age. His math skills, reading and writing abilities and even social studies knowledge are better than his new counterparts. It is a great esteem booster for him to be the one in class with the right answers. I highly recommend this school.

Houston Heights Learning Academy I
902 West 8th Street, Houston, TX  77007
Last modified Houston Heights Learning Academy I is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Houston Heights Learning Academy I Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top