400 students|KIPP Inc Charter

Bad
Good

Kipp 3d..I think 3d is a great school and it offers a really strong foundation for our children. I like the fact that the teachers are willing to stay after school to assist students who are in need of tutoring or additional help to get a better understanding of their coursework. Our school could improve by building a school and gymnasium to house our children. Right now the children are in temporary buildings and it is a bit crowded in the hallways. The children have recess outdoors on a pavilion.

My son was recently admitted to Kipp HS and has completed the summer bridge program. I am so thankful that he was admitted to this school. He is a tough customer but they broke him down with their kindness and friendly spirits. I am so excited and happy for him that he gets to attend a school with a prestigious academic reputation, and where its good to be smart instead of bad. I am looking forward to him receiving many college scholarships. I will update later on in the year. For now, I love this school.

The middle school is excellent. The teachers are hardworking, effective, and dedicated. The administration has created a positive environment that focuses on what is good for the students.

KIPP Houston High School is under new leadership. Positives: Teachers have time to breathe and are no longer stretched too thin with documentation and excessive extracurricular commitments. Excellent teachers have had the opportunity to blossom with the increased freedom and decreased pressure. Students are making strides in reading--great English department. The art program is phenomenal with students frequently winning contests and scholarships. Summer of Learning and Intersession opportunities abound. The school has some phenomenal teachers. Negatives: We have seen increased discipline issues and poorer teacher quality since the shift in leadership. These problems mainly stem from a disorganized administration. Principal used to lead an HISD middle school. In its fourth year, KHHS resembles an HISD school much moreso than in its first three years. Students have noticed the difference.

im a student at the KIPP (High School) and i love it there.everyone including the teachers are awesome. we do get homework even though we're in high school but we know that in the end its worth it. we are all positive students and we are all on our way to college.

KIPP is an excellent school. I have two kids that attend KIPP(High and Middle) School . They each started in the fifth grade. They have learned so much while at KIPP. The academic programs are awesome. The Teachers really take the time to teach and help the students. I love the different activities they have for the students. KIPP is like one big family. The Teachers, students, parents, and the principals all play an important role to ensure that each student is successful at KIPP. I am glad my children were given the opportunity to attend such a great school.

Very strict.. but its what kids need to dexcellent! This school means buisseness!

Last modified Kipp Academy Middle is a Charter school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.