Posted October 27, 2013
Kipp 3d..I think 3d is a great school and it offers a really strong foundation for our children. I like the fact that the teachers are willing to stay after school to assist students who are in need of tutoring or additional help to get a better understanding of their coursework. Our school could improve by building a school and gymnasium to house our children. Right now the children are in temporary buildings and it is a bit crowded in the hallways. The children have recess outdoors on a pavilion.

Posted July 15, 2009
My son was recently admitted to Kipp HS and has completed the summer bridge program. I am so thankful that he was admitted to this school. He is a tough customer but they broke him down with their kindness and friendly spirits. I am so excited and happy for him that he gets to attend a school with a prestigious academic reputation, and where its good to be smart instead of bad. I am looking forward to him receiving many college scholarships. I will update later on in the year. For now, I love this school.

Posted June 27, 2008
The middle school is excellent. The teachers are hardworking, effective, and dedicated. The administration has created a positive environment that focuses on what is good for the students.

Kipp Academy Middle 0

Posted April 16, 2008
KIPP Houston High School is under new leadership. Positives: Teachers have time to breathe and are no longer stretched too thin with documentation and excessive extracurricular commitments. Excellent teachers have had the opportunity to blossom with the increased freedom and decreased pressure. Students are making strides in reading--great English department. The art program is phenomenal with students frequently winning contests and scholarships. Summer of Learning and Intersession opportunities abound. The school has some phenomenal teachers. Negatives: We have seen increased discipline issues and poorer teacher quality since the shift in leadership. These problems mainly stem from a disorganized administration. Principal used to lead an HISD middle school. In its fourth year, KHHS resembles an HISD school much moreso than in its first three years. Students have noticed the difference.

Posted October 21, 2007
im a student at the KIPP (High School) and i love it there.everyone including the teachers are awesome. we do get homework even though we're in high school but we know that in the end its worth it. we are all positive students and we are all on our way to college.

Posted May 29, 2007
KIPP is an excellent school. I have two kids that attend KIPP(High and Middle) School . They each started in the fifth grade. They have learned so much while at KIPP. The academic programs are awesome. The Teachers really take the time to teach and help the students. I love the different activities they have for the students. KIPP is like one big family. The Teachers, students, parents, and the principals all play an important role to ensure that each student is successful at KIPP. I am glad my children were given the opportunity to attend such a great school.

Posted November 10, 2006
Very strict.. but its what kids need to dexcellent! This school means buisseness!

Posted August 11, 2006
My son attended KIPP from 5th - 8th grade. He then wanted to try our local high school in Katy, TX. The experience was not very good. The atmosphere that Kipp fosters is not like any other school. They focus on academics and caring for the total child. Initially we thought that KIPP was too rigorous until we saw what the local schools offered( re : academics). Needless to say, at the end of the school year my son personally contacted KIPP Houston High School and applied for the high school. He will be a sophmore @KHHS this year and I can hardly wait. We're glad to be back! K. Negret

Posted May 08, 2006
KIPP has an A+ in academia. My daughter came from a mainstream public school and was doing poorly in her major subjects. She started out in a Christian where she was receiving A/B's. Only since we started at KIPP 2 years ago now has she began to receive the excellent grades that she was used to having. Although KIPP has extra-curricular programs that focus is handled in the Saturday School Program and after-school for the high-school level. The Saturday program may seem harsh to some parents but my daughter loves it. I have heard the same comments from other parents. Parent involvement is critical to the success of KIPP and is expected and it is great to know that I can contact any teacher or Administrator 24/7. I would definitely recommend KIPP for any student who is having problems in the mainstream and wants to succeed.

Posted September 22, 2004
KIPP will always be a part of our family. This is by far the best thing that ever happened for my son. He went from a child in the 4th grade that barely passed(another district)to a boy that stayed on the honor roll. Although he only went there 2 years, 5th and 6th, it has made him a better person. Thank you KIPP, not only caring about my son, but for caring about the whole family. You are by far the best school around. --Joanne Gusey

Kipp Academy Middle
10711 Kipp Way, Houston, TX  77099
Last modified Kipp Academy Middle is a Charter school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kipp Academy Middle Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top