Public charter
Houston, TX

Beatrice Mayes Institute Charter S 4

Posted September 22, 2009
BMI is a wonderful school. It offers an intimate, growing, and warm learning environment. You want a school that offers quality education, then BMI is the school for you!

Beatrice Mayes Institute Charter S 1

Posted July 06, 2009

Beatrice Mayes Institute Charter S 0

Posted October 30, 2008
My daughter have been attending BMI for two years and I Love the school. They have old school values with a Christian background which is very signifigant in todays society. If you are looking for whats good in the hood then BMI IS the place to be!!!!!!!!!!!

Beatrice Mayes Institute Charter S 0

Posted June 03, 2008
BMI is a very good school, with an outstanding educational program. My daughter has been attending this school since she was two, they fully believe in the development of oung minds. If ever there was a problem, that a teacher would not solve the founder, Mrs. Mayes herself would definately get down to the bottom of the problem herself.. I love his organization, and would encourage more parents to be involved and enroll their children here. this school is a family organization, and always welcomes you into the school with a warm and loving embrace.

Posted February 07, 2008
My daughter has been at B.M.I since kindergarten and she is now in the 3rd grade. She is an exceptional math student and has been reading since she was a kinder. My niece and nephew both attend BMI. My niece is now 14 and has been a student there for about 8 years. She is a straight A student, has been inducted into the National Junior Honor Society, Baylor College of Medicine's Early Saturday Science program and has achieved exemplary scoring on all her state mandated testing. As for my daughter and nephew. But the best thing about BMI is they are African American culturally enriched. This allows for your child to be tought by people he can identify with and the level of teching ables them to compete with the rest of society.

Posted September 07, 2007
I know Wonderland is a great beginning. I have a 3 year old son attending Wonderland and he looks forward to going to school each morning. He has learned how to write and spell his name, recite and recognize numbers and letter, in english and some in Spanish and he enjoys music. He is also able to recite the Lords prayer. This school has taught him a lot for a 3 year old. I am looking forward for him to continue with BMI. Excellent school.

Posted September 06, 2007
To the parent that commented on this school being a 'last resort', I think you commented on the wrong school. BMI and Wonderland are excellent schools. You get out what you put in. PTO meeting are held regularly at the school (1st Thursday of the month). Each parent gets notices for all activities going on at the school and not only is parent participation encouraged, but community participation as well. My oldest daughter started at Wonderland when she was 3 and graduated from BMI and was more than prepared to compete with her fellow high school classmates. I now have another daughter attending BMI and I entrust her education to Mrs. Mayes and the teaching staff. BMI is like one big family and I love it!

Posted August 19, 2007
This is a very good school. The office staff, teachers, everyone there is just great!!

Posted August 17, 2007
My daughter will be entering 3rd grade this 2007-2008 school year and I have seen a mass improvement in her learning ability. We faced several challenges in the beginning, but the teachers are outstanding and they went beyond and above the call of duty to make sure she was well equipped to move on. BMI is a great school and beleive in strong parent participation.

Beatrice Mayes Institute Charter S 4

Posted August 03, 2007
I have a child at both Wonderland and BMI and know that they are both receiving an excellent education. Both schools retain caring teachers that truly have our children's best interest at heart. I agree that repairs are needed and hope that we as parents can be a source of support to the district and have the necessary repairs implemented! Whether at PTO meetings or community meetings we should be about uplifting schools like Wonderland/BMI that have a wonderful track record for excellence in education! My advise, consider the best school for your child where his/her capacity for learning will be developed to there fullest.

Beatrice Mayes Institute Charter S
5807 Calhoun Road, Houston, TX  77021
Last modified Beatrice Mayes Institute Charter S is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Beatrice Mayes Institute Charter S Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top