Bad
Good

Girls & Boys Prep Academy El 1

Posted November 11, 2014
This will be my first and last year working for GBPA. This school has no structure, organization, materials or leadership and it's ran by an unqualified Superintendent. You want to know why your child has a new teacher mid year or why we had four different Principals in 6 months. How about HR Manager being a high school graduate not knowing who to hire and the superintendent education background is only four years of Life Skills instruction. What a joke. Don't be fooled by the website we do not have a S.T.E.M. program teachers don't have paper or working smart boards. Our sports programs are ran in the parking lot, uniforms are tattered and equipment is insufficient. I have seen a lot of great instructors come and go mostly on their own accord. No one wants to work under This leadership of unqualified individuals, turnover will continue occur and the superintendent will continue to hire his unqualified friends. This school needs to be shut down as a dedicated educator I can no longer be a part of this mockery of a school. The under privilege kids we serve deserve so much more. I would advise you not to take part in GBPA on any grade level.

Girls & Boys Prep Academy El 2

Posted August 24, 2012
Significant loss of great teachers and staff. Ratings once exemplary on State Exams.How can an exemplary school drop to poor ratings on State Exams? Uniformed board members, Lack of quality staff. Numerous litigation in recent years.High student turnover rate.Unimpressive curriculum,Lack of monitoring of board of directors. Poor participation in meetings. Lack of supervision of superintendent. Intimidating tactics by superintendent has destroyed a once promising school environment.Poor school morale board members have lack of education experience however there is hope.

Girls & Boys Prep Academy El 1

Posted March 25, 2012
The staff is very disrespectful to the students. I reported the nurse Ms. Morrison and she took her anger out on my child. This school need to be SHUT DOWN!

Posted August 16, 2010
A great school and a great learning environment. I have two kids in there already and the third kid is starting this year. Thank you for the great job.

Girls & Boys Prep Academy El 5

Posted September 16, 2008
Excellent staff of teachers as well as the principal!! I love the standards my children are learning as well as the subject matter they are learning!!

Posted May 04, 2007
My son has been at this school since he was four. The staff and the principal have been wonderful. He has excelled in every subject. I would recommend giving this school a try.

Posted August 19, 2004
I loved Girls and Boys. My daughter attended this past school year, 2003-2004. Our experience was wonderful. She was in Pre-K 3, her teacher was Mrs. Silmon. The school administrator was Ms. Spiller. They(the staff @ GB) was like our extended family. It's such ashame this particular campus was closed at the last minute and kids were left to scatter about Houston. We(the parents) were told at the last minute(in May) that the school would be closing and that we could go to the other campus on Bissonett. We'll for most of the parents this was an inconvience! Then, we were told they would no longer have pre-k all day and extended services, two classes from 8-11/1-3. If you needed all day, then they had a private pay school , you could enroll your child in! Outrageous. The parents at this campus raised lots of money for new equipment..where is it?

Posted September 16, 2003
I just recently enrolled my daughter into the Girls and Boys Prep. School. I am very pleased with her enrichment, the quality and experience of her teacher and most importantly, the principal. I have had the opportunity to visit with the principal and she seems to be very warm, compassionate, yet stern and strict when it comes to curriculum and instruction. Although, their recreational facilities may not compare to other prep. schools, her philosphy, style and goals, not only from her students, but her faculty as well, exceeds normal expectations

Girls & Boys Prep Academy El
8282 Bissonnet Street, Houston, TX  77074
Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. (713) 270-2006
Last modified Girls & Boys Prep Academy El is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.