Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

Gleason Elementary is great. My two daughters are transferred from Spring Branch and love it. My oldest one is excelling and my younger one is getting all the help she requires making up a half year for being hospitalized. Great communication and teacher involvement. They really do care!

it is a great school and keeps us safe.and takes care of business. and is fair even to tranfers

Teachers are awesome, if that is any reflection of the Principal then I would say leadership at this school is doing pretty good. It is in a lower income based area, but I think they are doing a great job considering what comes along with that. I have had no problems with teachers and am happy with their willingness to inform and work with me and my children to make sure they reach their full potential. I moved to Alief with much remorse because I know it is no longer as well spoken of as it once was. But I was very surprised to find that they were actually learning much more at Kennedy then they were at the cy-fair school that we moved from. The information was also much richer than the kiddie stuff cy-fair seemed to be hooked on. Over all I am extremely happy with the teachers and education my children are receiving here.

My child attended Gleason for Kinder and 1st grade, all I have to say is that I loved this school. Both of his teachers are wonderfull and they really helped my son.

Our son did one year PPCD (special needs) at Gleason in the kindergarten level and we were very happy with all his teachers and teacher assistants. He 'graduated' from the special ed. toward the end of the year and felt very confident and happy at school. His speech improved tremendously during that period. Gleason also has a wonderful Arts, Music and P.E. program. The Western show they put together was amazing and fun to watch and the kindergarten end of the year show was beautiful. I was very impressed with how professional all the staff was at the parent meeting and how they took our questions and concerns seriously. We want to thank Gleason for a wonderful year and for amazing progress in our son! R. LeBlanc

This is my son's first year in school. He's in the Pre-K program. I was very nervous with this being his first yr. and all, but his teacher made me feel quite comfortable. Ms. Philp is a wonderful teacher, and very concerned. I've noticed a difference in my son and I know she is the reason why. I would recommend Gleason to anyone.

Last modified Gleason Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.