Houston, TX

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 23, 2015
Gleason Elementary is great. My two daughters are transferred from Spring Branch and love it. My oldest one is excelling and my younger one is getting all the help she requires making up a half year for being hospitalized. Great communication and teacher involvement. They really do care!

Posted April 13, 2015
it is a great school and keeps us safe.and takes care of business. and is fair even to tranfers

Posted September 26, 2013
Teachers are awesome, if that is any reflection of the Principal then I would say leadership at this school is doing pretty good. It is in a lower income based area, but I think they are doing a great job considering what comes along with that. I have had no problems with teachers and am happy with their willingness to inform and work with me and my children to make sure they reach their full potential. I moved to Alief with much remorse because I know it is no longer as well spoken of as it once was. But I was very surprised to find that they were actually learning much more at Kennedy then they were at the cy-fair school that we moved from. The information was also much richer than the kiddie stuff cy-fair seemed to be hooked on. Over all I am extremely happy with the teachers and education my children are receiving here.

Posted February 16, 2010
My child attended Gleason for Kinder and 1st grade, all I have to say is that I loved this school. Both of his teachers are wonderfull and they really helped my son.

Posted May 13, 2008
Our son did one year PPCD (special needs) at Gleason in the kindergarten level and we were very happy with all his teachers and teacher assistants. He 'graduated' from the special ed. toward the end of the year and felt very confident and happy at school. His speech improved tremendously during that period. Gleason also has a wonderful Arts, Music and P.E. program. The Western show they put together was amazing and fun to watch and the kindergarten end of the year show was beautiful. I was very impressed with how professional all the staff was at the parent meeting and how they took our questions and concerns seriously. We want to thank Gleason for a wonderful year and for amazing progress in our son! R. LeBlanc

Posted September 28, 2006
This is my son's first year in school. He's in the Pre-K program. I was very nervous with this being his first yr. and all, but his teacher made me feel quite comfortable. Ms. Philp is a wonderful teacher, and very concerned. I've noticed a difference in my son and I know she is the reason why. I would recommend Gleason to anyone.

Gleason Elementary School 3

Posted May 15, 2006
Not very impressed with the extracurricular activities or the administrative staff.

Gleason Elementary School 1

Posted April 17, 2006
My child attended this school for two years (Kindergarten and 1st Grade). While he is considered a gifted student, he needed additional help with staying focused and behavior. This was aggrevated by the fact that the school has an open school concept. The response we received from the school was sending him to the principal where he would get to take a nap in the principal's chair. In my opinion, the school was more focused on English as a second language students and any other student needing additionally help was out of luck. Our next door neighbor pulled their child out of the school as she was put in an english as a second language class for an entire year and colored all year. It was widely discussed in the neighborhood that you had to be at the school on a regular basis to get your kids through the school.

Posted October 31, 2005
Parental involvement at Gleason is very high and it's good and important. The 05-06 year had significant staffing changes, and although about half of the teachers are new to the school, they are quality teachers, so that was good. I don't care too much for the way administration runs the school. I think they are too rigid. I wish they were not 'lenient', but 'gently firm'. I think they have too many rules. Just a few basic overall rules would cover a lot and seem less strict to me. There used to be extracurricular activities, but I don't think there really are many at all anymore, besides scouts. Boy scouts is very, very big at Gleason.

Posted October 08, 2005
This is a wonderful school. The teachers seem to realy care about the students, and they really challenge the students to excel.

9202 Willowbridge Park Boulevard, Houston, TX  77064
Last modified Gleason Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gleason Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top