Posted October 27, 2014
The teachers really care. The coursework is academically challenging, but fun. The teachers want every student to succeed. The IB program is exceptional. My only complaint is the low level of parent involvement

Westchester Academy For Internatio 4

Posted April 02, 2014
My daughter seems very happy with the overall experience of her 6th and now 7th grade years. She thrives in classsrooms in which she is required to think beyond the regular curriculum. She is most happy with her Science and Math curriculum because the teachers set very high standards. My wish is to see a stronger emphasis on writing, since it is critical at every level of higher education. It is necessary for teachers to prepare the students early by systematically teaching all types of writing (expository, narrative, creative, non-fictional, etc...so that they are not overwhelmed as they approach high school years. They are taught basic editing skills, however, I would like students to be taught how to make a weak writing piece stronger by the use of (e.g. supportive facts, descriptive words, quotes, presenting ideas in an order that builds the piece, etc...)

Posted July 24, 2012
What to say about my loving school, WAIS? The students are very diverse (I have black, white, Asian, Hispanic friends), the teachers are way cool (Except some one the middle school ones), and they classes are challenging but fun. I have learned so much my 4 years there. But, sometimes everyone there wishes they could move to a regular school. It does feel different, because we have no sports or band/orchestra, but we don't because that would mean leaving the amazing and crazy people we interact with everyday. There are some crazy rules, like homework hall, but all you have to do is do your homework, and everything will be alright for you. We also have the IB program, which is super difficult, but is great practice for college. Over all, WAIS is great school and I hope you take in my review before you consider not attending.

Posted June 01, 2012
Hi everyone, I visited the school for contract work with computers and I met the staff, and all I have to say is that it is by far a top notch school with excellent teachers. As soon as I arrived I had to work quickly but as I visited each classroom I had a conversation with every teacher wishing that I had this education in the past. The classrooms are not cluttered, and it looks like the student gets the proper attention they need. The science classroom with robotics have excellent Mac computers with media classes as well, which is great because its diverse and children can learn and build things I never had the opportunity to do. If I had children I would put them in this school, I don't need a fancy school with a fountain in the middle, but I do want my children to have teachers that will be a part of their lives to remember that they enabled themselves into learning and not forced into learning. I like the atmosphere in this school and I know you will to, please consider having your children the best education possible in this tough economy because if you don't do anything about it then your risking your child's future.

Posted October 09, 2010
The teachers really care!

Posted July 15, 2010
The teachers and leaders really care- they challenge all students to take advanced courses even if a kid is not GT. Students are happy here- and my kids like going to school.

Posted May 05, 2010
The multiculturalism that is the dominant theme of this school.

Westchester Academy For Internatio 4

Posted January 14, 2010

Posted January 06, 2010
From a kid like me and everyone else who attends WAIS thinks that this is a school is: 1. Homework Hall which is a punishment to kids if they forget to do the homework or get a questions on the homework it's automatically a homework hall, 3. Saturday detentions which follows with the homework hall, if you miss a homework hall then you have a saturday detention even if you went to the doctors. 4. The principles treat you with no respect and the councilors do not believe you at all if you need to say something important along with the principles. 5.WAIS has been taking out the electives that kids go to school for and love, kids want to express themselves without getting in trouble by their teachers. I hope you consider thinking about my comments there is much more but i can't write all so this is it.

Posted October 03, 2009
I find that the students can be themselves and not waste time trying to impress others. Relaxed atmosphere, yet demanding courses. Very serious about academics.

Westchester Academy For Internatio
901 Yorkchester Drive, Houston, TX  77079
Last modified Westchester Academy For Internatio is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westchester Academy For Internatio Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top