Briarmeadow Charter School 1

Posted November 03, 2014
Our child went to this school for 2 years and we weren't at all happy with it. While the looping of the teachers might be a good thing if you have a great teacher...it isn't when you're stuck with a horrible one. Our child had a teacher who we felt had little interest in teaching and had no idea how to speak/handle children. I was at the school on several occasions and the teacher was often texting on her phone while the children were at recess so it was no surprise when our son had an accident which required an er visit. I also sat in the class for half a day and her cell phone rang while she was teaching class I have no doubt that had I not been present she would have taken the call. Homework was never assigned and our child was very behind when we transferred out.

Posted August 13, 2014
Briarmeadow Charter School has been the best think for my son. He is happy there. There is now a great After School Program and this past summer there were camps such as Main Street Theater at the school.

Posted May 27, 2014
My son started in Kinder at BCS and is now in 2nd grade and he really loves it. I like the small classes and the fact that they loop so that the kids keep the same teacher for 2 years in a row. This allows the teachers to really get to know them and focus on their individual needs better. The teachers and staff are great and parent input and involvement is not only welcomed it is required. We plan to be here for the long haul!

Posted October 27, 2013
briarmeadow charter school very good school the teachers and the sttaf are great and helpful my kids enjoy the time there

Posted August 02, 2013
I started my daughter in Pre-K here 3 years ago when she was a clean slate since she did not learn anything in Pre-school. As soon as she started Pre-K, she started writing her name and reading by Kindergarten. I have been very impressed the level of education. And if you have met Mr. Peter Heinze, the principal, you would know why. I have never met a principal more dedicated to his school. My older daughter will be going to first grade this year and my younger one will be starting Pre-K. I'm so happy to have them attending school here. Go Briarmeadow!

Posted June 10, 2013
My daughter attended Brairmeadow Elementary and went on to the Middle School for a total of 9 years with Briarmeadow. She had a wonderful experience and it was her second home. The teachers and staff are fantastic. She didn't want to leave and wished for a BCS High School. There have been changes over the last few years, some good and some bad, but overall it is a good school. I do wish they continue with the UIL Athletics as this is a great asset to the body and mind for the growing kids. Parents need to be involved & the school requires it.

Posted January 05, 2013
Very good school. My child started in Kindergarten has finished up 8th grade. This school has won numerous State accolades, and is a National Blue Ribbon School. It is one of the smallest schools in the district having a pre-ap status for 6th-8th grades. Class sizes are small, and the students are challenged in class by competent and attentive teachers and staff. The school is constantly expanding enrichment and educational opportunities for its students. Currently, the school has started an IB program that will soon be implemented. Many of the students graduating from Brairmeadow go to top magnet high schools.

Briarmeadow Charter School 1

Posted April 04, 2010

Posted August 03, 2009
My child completed one academic year of her school at BCS, and is now looking forward to attend school as a 7th grader. For us it had been an exceptional experience, and specially considering the level of Public schools in and around for 6,7 and 8th graders BCS is doing a great job.

Briarmeadow Charter School 4

Posted June 19, 2009

Briarmeadow Charter School
3601 Dunvale Road, Houston, TX  77063
Last modified Briarmeadow Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Briarmeadow Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top