Houston, TX
Students enrolled: 1,158

West Briar Middle School 1

Posted October 18, 2014
I am currently in 8th grade username this school and have attended 6th and 7th here as well. The atmosphere is very poor with delinquent kids. Most of the teachers here don't really care and you can tell by the way they act. The theatre teacher is outstanding person and teacher. To be honest other than that the school is a drag. I went to Barbra Bush Elementary and that was a great six yeas for me. My mother even agrees with me that since I started WBMS my intelligence level slowly drained down. I highly recommend BBE. I am in all vanguard classes and already algebra and it is all to easy with honor roll of all "a's". I want to apply for high schools with amazing magnet programs and I have but I'm afraid since I went to this school my IQ will be low and I might struggle if I get into these advanced classes.To sum this up I would not recommend this school at all. I am not a proud West Briar student and just saying you might want to look at the test scores eh. One last thing the princaple is very rude to student and just doesn't listen to parent. The teachers agree she is not good at all <Ms. Simpson>

Posted January 04, 2013
Way better than other schools and better than alief isd. My sister attended to this school and loved it!

Posted September 12, 2012
I have had three children attend WBMS.They were in Pre-Ap classes.They were very well taught and prepared for Pre-Ap and AP in High school.My oldest is a senior in college and has maintained being on the deans list from her first semester on.It all starts with being well prepared at the end of each school year for the next and WBMS does this very well.We had one very mild experience with a bully ,contacted the school and it was resolved quickly..

West Briar Middle School 3

Posted August 14, 2012
Oh, I wish this review could be longer. I started at WBMS in the second semester of 7th grade. I came from a extremely conservative, wealthy, Christian, private school with about 100 people per grade. I transferred so I could experience public school, like every child I believe should at one point or another. It was a huge culture shock to say the least. My fellow classmate described the school to me on my first day by saying, "I guess it's like a private school, but with fighting and weed." Blunt, but true. It's very easy to stay out of the way of that stuff though. I gained from the school a diverse group of friends that I will always remember. Coming from private school, i knew i wouldn't be challenged much. It was the easiest thing ever. From when I came to when I graduated, my lowest grade was a 96. I gave about 25%. I didn't feel I was learning at all so I am returning to private school for HS. I learned most in my choir class. I loved my teacher so much. (She left at the end of last year) I also enjoyed my US History teacher, who, while extremely opinionated, was discipline, firm, and fun. You have to have self-control to attend this school or you will be dragged down.

West Briar Middle School 2

Posted July 09, 2012
I am very unhappy with West Briar, I am a strong supporter for the school, but when trying to get help for my child because of hearing problems I kept going in circles. It took me almost 7 months to get the needed testing and support needed. As a strong advocate for my child I have to wonder if it took me 7 months to get the help needed what happens to all those childern without parental help! Also, I worry about the safety at the school with teachers being able to discuss controversial news stories, that have no facts supporting it.

West Briar Middle School 4

Posted July 05, 2012
Our daughter loves attending the school. She is challenged in the class room and in her extracaricular activities. Yhe school is well funded and has involved parents from all different parts of the world with many promising students. We have been pleasantly surprised

West Briar Middle School 1

Posted April 26, 2012
Last year was very good ,but this year has been the worst school ,you should not even think what is going on at school and even outside of school,

Posted August 19, 2010
u will not regret bringing your child to this school it is disciplined organized and functional

West Briar Middle School 3

Posted April 25, 2010
i am currently a 7th grader at wbms and this school is amazing. it is diverse and a good school. i went to barbara bush elementary school and as a 5th grader i heard rumors how the school was 'ghetto' but it is not. some people are but the can be nicer than the richest person at school.

Posted August 25, 2009

West Briar Middle School
13733 Brimhurst Drive, Houston, TX  77077
Last modified West Briar Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Briar Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top