Bad
Good

I entered the Harmony Public School system in middle school and spent four glorious years at Harmony Science Academy. This school helped me get into my dream school and I am a proud Harmony alum studying at the University of Pennsylvania. Teachers who work for HSA are all well-educated and always there to help. Some of my greatest friends today are my high school teachers who have always been there to help us become multifaceted, contributing members of the society. Unlike my previous schools, this campus offers a multicultural environment where everyone feels safe and comfortable. Many of my instructors were physics, math, and history prodigies who loved teaching. The tight-knit community always welcomes new perspectives and expects all students to ask, challenge, and learn. Being a Harmony student takes talent, intelligence and most importantly hard work! They practically offer all available AP courses and actually prepare you for the end of the year exams. Teachers, given their age and experience, are always able to relate to students and expand their worldly view. In terms of facilities, rainbow colored buildings and classrooms are constant reminders to be happy. Buildings are always clean and well kept thanks to their dedicated cleaning staff. If you are interested in STEM and even humanities, this is THE right school. I am forever thankful to all of my Harmony teachers who taught me to chase my dreams and success.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Harmony understands STEM better than most. Teachers know and truly understand what they are teaching. They are available in and out of classrooms as well.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Everything at Harmony is based on the close attention given to students. Students are taught to seek knowledge and improve their weaknesses. In such an environment, people feel comfortable enough to be honest because they know that their teachers will always reward them as long as they take advantage of a plethora of opportunities offered by their instructors.

My son had a bitter experience when he was In the Kindergarden!!! He used to get hit by the other student in front of his teacher who had no experience at all. In addition, the school was so small,boring, and lack activity that should instill inquisitiveness inside the student, so i moved my baby from the school that supposed to be better than HISD. Do not register your babies in it .

I see a progress every year, Teacher quality is getting better. Much better than ISDs.

This school is supposed to be a *science* academy, but the majority of their science teachers are inexperienced and cannot speak English properly. The select few who can apparently take maternity leave just before AP exams, leaving her students with a random substitute. Teachers who cannot get their maternity leave in the middle of the year at other schools, come to teach at HSA Houston.

I'm actually a former student of Harmony Science in San Antonio. Long story short-- it's terrible!!! The teachers are sexist, they helped a boy in my class with a smile on there face, and when I asked them a question, they looked at me with a blank stare and as if I was nothing and just nodded. Well thanks! Idk if Houston's the same way, but I'd rather stay on the safe side!

im a student at hsa garland, expect to work hard, and get used to people speaking other languages such as turkish and arabic around you, because this school is where they come to gather,some of the turkish teachers are sexiest such as mr.gunduz the engineering teacher and mr semim-and prepare 2 pull out your wallets everything cost money

the school, is TO SMALL, FALLING APART, THE TEACHERS FROM TURKY , U CAN BARLEY UNDERSTAND, THEY A SUPER STICT,they gave me detenion for not tuking in my shirt!!!, THEY ASK FO MONEY ALL THE TIME, trust me if u want to have a good gpa, and PASS do not go to this school! WASTE OF TIME, MONEY, AND YOUR LIFE!

My children attend Harmony Nature Science in Dallas, TX. This school is awesome! Exactly what I was looking for. I am so excited my kids got in here couldn't be more pleased. Oh and the school itself is absolutely gorgeous. Marble floors when entering sleek leather sofas and all of the technology you could imagine. This is a brand new location but I am excited about with the future holds. Finally a great school with discipline and education. Very well educated teachers.

Last modified Harmony Science Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.