Public charter
Houston, TX

Posted January 20, 2014
My son had a bitter experience when he was In the Kindergarden!!! He used to get hit by the other student in front of his teacher who had no experience at all. In addition, the school was so small,boring, and lack activity that should instill inquisitiveness inside the student, so i moved my baby from the school that supposed to be better than HISD. Do not register your babies in it .

Posted June 15, 2013
I am an educator and I find it my responsibility to warn prospective parents about this school. This school is not free. It is funded by Fethullah Gulen. Please do a search about Harmony and Fethullah Gulen. How can I be so sure? Because I was one their best students. I went to their tutoring schools (all independent on the surface) in Turkey. I did very well in the national university entrance exams and they tried to convince me to join the army and become their informant. Because my family was secular, they thought my ties to them could not be traced. Why do you think the teachers are so dedicated for so little money? They are soldiers of Gulen who is taking over Turkey as of today.

Posted April 02, 2013
I see a progress every year, Teacher quality is getting better. Much better than ISDs.

Posted December 25, 2012
This school is supposed to be a *science* academy, but the majority of their science teachers are inexperienced and cannot speak English properly. The select few who can apparently take maternity leave just before AP exams, leaving her students with a random substitute. Teachers who cannot get their maternity leave in the middle of the year at other schools, come to teach at HSA Houston.

Posted October 14, 2012
I'm actually a former student of Harmony Science in San Antonio. Long story short-- it's terrible!!! The teachers are sexist, they helped a boy in my class with a smile on there face, and when I asked them a question, they looked at me with a blank stare and as if I was nothing and just nodded. Well thanks! Idk if Houston's the same way, but I'd rather stay on the safe side!

Harmony Science Academy 3

Posted September 22, 2012
im a student at hsa garland, expect to work hard, and get used to people speaking other languages such as turkish and arabic around you, because this school is where they come to gather,some of the turkish teachers are sexiest such as mr.gunduz the engineering teacher and mr semim-and prepare 2 pull out your wallets everything cost money

Posted July 21, 2011
the school, is TO SMALL, FALLING APART, THE TEACHERS FROM TURKY , U CAN BARLEY UNDERSTAND, THEY A SUPER STICT,they gave me detenion for not tuking in my shirt!!!, THEY ASK FO MONEY ALL THE TIME, trust me if u want to have a good gpa, and PASS do not go to this school! WASTE OF TIME, MONEY, AND YOUR LIFE!

Posted October 08, 2010
My children attend Harmony Nature Science in Dallas, TX. This school is awesome! Exactly what I was looking for. I am so excited my kids got in here couldn't be more pleased. Oh and the school itself is absolutely gorgeous. Marble floors when entering sleek leather sofas and all of the technology you could imagine. This is a brand new location but I am excited about with the future holds. Finally a great school with discipline and education. Very well educated teachers.

Posted August 06, 2010
I am currently employed at HSA in El Paso, Texas. For the past three years I've had great pleasure of working with the best Teachers & Administrators. HSA has a strong focus on education & dicipline and is highly recommeded by me for any parent to visit and tour our school.

Harmony Science Academy 2

Posted January 11, 2010

Harmony Science Academy
9431 West Sam Houston Parkway South, Houston, TX  77099
Last modified Harmony Science Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harmony Science Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top