Bad
Good

I transferred here my senior year and it has much to offer depending on how much work you are willing to put. I was in all AP classes and yes was a bit challenging. I don't see why others think this school is bad. Success and misbehavior is what parents need to take care of not the teachers. Show your kids to respect and defend in emergency. By the way this school has a good discipline system. Back to the topic of success, I did learn and was in National Honor Society at this school it was amazing. I graduated with honors and now I will also graduate but with my bachelor's in electrical engineering from UH. I will carry an important job now as an engineer. Part of my huge success was due to career preparation from this school.

My children whom are white-Hispanic, have been bullied and or scared by students who are racially prejudiced and or are larger than they are by the majority race at the school. It is time for schools to bus students to balance out the different races to decrease misbehavior, hate, and fear. Students have learned how to avoid some of the cameras in the hallways when attempting inappropriate physical contact with another person. The positive ratings for this school are either exaggerated, planted, or from years ago.

I'm the parent of 2 students currently attending Cy-Ridge. My children are in K level and AP classes, but I don't see that the classes are all that challenging besides keeping up with the excessive amount of hw assignments. The teachers have problems with the student population currently DOMINATING this school. Take a tour of the school during a period change and you will see too. Teachers get to the point that they're not able to teach due to disruptions. Consequently, the entire class pays for it. Teachers resort to assigning homework and not really TEACHING very much in class. It's a sad situation as a parent, student and teacher. Student demographics are a problem here. When one race dominates the demographics of a school, there are bound to be issues with the interaction of the remaining student demographic groups. THIS IS AN ISSUE EVERY DAY HERE. The students aren't adequately monitored in the hallways, which aids in the bullying and that goes on in between classes, before and after-school. It's unfortunate that CFISD is such a great school district, but does little to fix the "bad" schools. HOW ABOUT REZONING?!

I graduated from ridge in June. I've been at this school for almost 3years not including my freshman year which I spent at Langaham Creek high school which is a #1 school to me. Cyridge is in a very nice area so the school isn't that bad..I've been to multiple "hood" or poor school areas I should say and those schools didn't teach me what I needed to know. When I came to cy ridge they taught us everything!!! The work is hard but I needed them to push me. It's really impossible to fail because there's a lot of things in school you can do to prevent that. However many teachers are rude and come to school in bad moods. Some teachers won't even teach like they should some sit and hand out papers (they only stand when a AP is near) most teachers can't handle the classes so they refuse to teach bc of 1 or more students actions. That school has toooooooo many pregnanct girls there and that's includes freshman too!!! Don't let the age fool you because the girls and boys here puts in work! Also on the note the skipping is not likely inside the school we have cops and teachers who keep that on check which is good!! I'm going to give it a 4 because this school has shaped up over the years.

Cypress Ridge High school is not a very good school. I attend the school and I am currently a sophomore. The reason why the school is terrible is that the school's classes are not difficult for any student that wants to succeed. The K level classes (Which are considered higher level or Pre-AP) are probably as difficult as the normal classes at tougher schools such as memorial. The school also has a terrible environment, A quick look at the student population during a passing period will show you that the students there look and act very suspiciously (you would think they are in gangs or groups of similar nature). Academically, the school does not seem to fit my expectations. I have been a distinguished honor roll student for the past two years, and believe that I am not nearly as prepared for standardized tests as I should be. Even though Cypress ridge has many negative aspects defining it, the teachers and administration for the most part work hard and efficiently, which is a definite upside to the school. Overall, I am not happy with the performance of my school. I wish to attend a high end college, but i feel improperly prepared for my future.

Good school, no complaints, excellent band program. I have one child in 9th grade and one child going to this school next year. I think this school starts too early for teenagers. Most of CFISD start at the same time.

We are proud that our kids went to Cy-Ridge. Two of our kids have already graduated and did great in academics and have made some great friends along the way. The only thing Ridge lacks is the parent participation. We are proud that a lot of our kids are very self efficient and live in the REAL world at Ridge. They have always felt safe.

"More focused on sports and "Ram Pride" than the education of THEIR students. Highly dislike most students THERE and TOO many distractions from students education. specific groups and clubs should not be held in the school. instead of turning my kids away from certain personalities and lifestyles it's drawing my kids toward it. --Submitted by a parent" Your review is a rambling pile of uneducated drivel full of elementary spelling and grammar errors. Perhaps you should attend the school with your children so you could keep an eye on them as well as receive a much needed education.

More focused on sports and "Ram Pride" than the education of they're students. Highly dislike most students their and to many distractions from students education. specific groups and clubs should not be held in the school. instead of turning my kids away from certain personalities and lifestyles it's drawing my kids toward it.

Cy-Ridge is the best(: i love this school ! The athletes are very competative and that's very important. I think the principles do a great job of keeping up with the students. Also, unlike other schools, Cy-Ridge teaches their students to have Ram P.R.I.D.E ! .//i l0VE Y0U RAMSz)).

Last modified Cypress Ridge High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.