Posted September 10, 2014
We just started the school this year 2014. We have a child in kindergarten, and another in Pre-k. So far, We are extremely happy with EVERYTHING about the school. When we recently attended a meeting for the kindergarten class, the teacher went over the curriculum for the year, very very impressive!! The staff has always been very nice and helpful. First day of school went like this, walking into school, there was a police officer directing walking traffic, my heart leaped, with all the craziness that goes on in today's world, it was nice to see an armed police officer (they also have armed security) We then had convocation, student body and parents gathered in the church, the head of the school spoke to the students about, God, Maturity, responsibility, respect, reputation, leadership, choices, character, and so on, and so on... In the end, the entire staff held hands, and made a circle around the students and prayed. It was very moving!! If you are looking for a school, instills values, teaches Christianity and how to apply in ones daily life, as well as an excellent advanced curriculum, then I would highly recommend Second Baptist!

Second Baptist School 1

Posted May 17, 2014
If your child is a good student, they will not challenge or support their learning because they are not important. No matter how much money you donate. There are occasional teachers in the lower school who understand excellence. However, there is no communication between parents and teachers after elementary school. They do not even have scheduled conferences. Maybe for elementary, but not for middle or high school.

Posted March 07, 2014
My son graduated from Second Baptist School and my daughter is still in Upper School. Both have attended Second Baptist School and Second Baptist Church Mother's Day Out since one and two years old. Second Baptist School has truly been their second home. I substituted for seven years and have worked for five years in administration. Second Baptist School is not a perfect school because there is no such thing but it is the closest thing to perfection because of the careful planning, direction and desire to truly educate and train students in preparation for college and to succeed in life. Second Baptist School firmly plants students in their Christian walk through Bible classes and life application of God's principles. I thank God for Second Baptist School and for the opportunity my family has had throughout the decades of belonging to the Second Family. I would recommend this school to all parents wanting to mold their children in a structured, safe, and Christian environment.

Posted February 18, 2014
As a parent of a graduated SBS student, I can say without a doubt this was the BEST choice for our family. My child thrived at Second and was challenged through each school level to strive for excellence, to follow Jesus, to seek right choices and to reach for the stars. Teachers were engaged with my child in and out of school, and to this day, are still interested in the accomplishments of my (now adult) child's life. There are good teachers and there are great teachers. And while there may have been some minor bumps here and there, our family would whole-heartedly agree that the experience of attending SBS from pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade was OUTSTANDING. Being part of the SBS community goes far beyond attending school there. Second becomes part of your family and you become part of theirs. We wouldn t trade it for the world!

Second Baptist School 1

Posted November 03, 2013
Is there a way to give this school less than a star? Second Baptist ruined my middle school life. I was mentally and emotionally suffering until I moved to a better, and more welcoming Houston private school. I was a well liked kid, and I was not bullied, but all the teachers want to do is prove you wrong. The kids are snobby and like people to know how wealthy they are. If you haven't gone to this school for your whole life, be prepared for a long hard struggle to find a group that will accept you. Favoritism is a fact of life over there with the sbsers. If you are loaded and are what they call a "lifer" expect to pass, and be the lead in all the musicals, and make the sports team of your choosing. The elementary school is alright, but that's it. Drugs are EVERYWHERE in the highschool, though they hate to admit it. All the athletics are lacking, and the only kids at this school are kids who's parents won't let them leave (for God knows what reason.) After leaving this school, I faced about a year in therapy. I'm not joking when I say the kids at this school ruin lives. You realize later the effects they had on you. Second is disgusting. The church is good though

Posted October 30, 2013
My three children have attended Second Baptist School their entire educational lives. I can not think of a better educational envionment for my children. Academically, athletically and socially they have flourished.

Second Baptist School 4

Posted September 28, 2013
I am a 7th grader at SBS and have been going her since Pre-K. I HIGHLY suggest for you to bring your child here. I have gotten tired of the people here, yet they are still nice. The teachers help you learn so much! They also give you laptops. Even though you have to give the computer back when you graduate or leave the school, you still have it after school, and in the summertime. They are strict on what you have on your computer because they have to give your Macbook Air back to Apple once you change computers. They make sure your not doing anything bad in class on your computer and can look at your screen which I think is just invading your privacy because they can look at your history whenever they want. I hope to grow up to be an actress. Second Baptist School has given me MANY chances to work on my musical theatre. They have elective classes including choir, musical theatre, music, drama, and band. Also, in middle and high school, you have the chance to take part in a musical or play. There are nice and mean teachers, just like most schools. I suggest taking your children to SBS in lower school but maybe taking them out in middle or high school. Thank you for reading this!!!

Second Baptist School 2

Posted September 26, 2013
The lower school is definitely worth the tuition because students get an exceptional foundation. Middle School is very very hit or miss with educators. Mostly miss with a diamond here or there. High School is to be avoided at all costs. The faculty is extremely arrogant and intolerant of any parental issues or concerns....and I've only had very very few over the course of many years at SBS. I honestly think that when interviewing MS and HS teachers the questions are: 1) Do you have a teacher's certificate? 2) Are you a Christian? Welcome to SBS!!!!!

Posted June 07, 2013
Amazing staff and teachers! They love the children and work as unto the Lord. The curriculum is integrated and reading and writing are a vital part of each subject. They do many projects and use technology to differentiate and make it individualized. I am so thankful my kids got to be in this loving, highly academic environment.

Posted June 07, 2013
LOVE. Defines SBS! They all really care about how students learn and about the whole child. The teachers take time individually and the students learn robotics, Latin, use lots of technology and projects. It is challenging, but just right....not busy work, but relevant.

Second Baptist School
6410 Woodway, Houston, TX  77057
Last modified Second Baptist School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Second Baptist School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews.