Public charter
Houston, TX

Academy Of Accelerated Learning 2

Posted August 18, 2015
I used to go to this school a long time ago. It was a good decision that my parents have withdrawn me from there because I hear now it's even worse. When I was there, the teaching conditions and environment was terrible. I'm pretty sure that if I had stayed, I wouldn't be as affluent in the English language as I am now. The teachers tend to do a lot of favoring, since most of the teachers were women, you can guess with sex they favored. I'm not some immature sexist who has a grudge against girls or anything. But if you are planning to go to this school, be prepared to be treated like a second class citizen if you are a male. The school clearly didn't have the resources to benefit the students. P.E. was a freakin' classroom!!! The library was incredibly small, and the computers in the library were from the Stone Age. And when I was there, they didn't have a playground or anything, so for recess, we just ran around in the empty lot beside the school. Now that I occasionally walk by and I see they have built a playground, but it was not there when I attended the school. But like I said in the beginning, this was a long time ago when I attended the school. But I don't think much has changed because their rating is still terrible.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 18, 2015
It doesn't develop honesty, integrity, and fairness in its students whatsoever. They just don't have the resources to be a school that can really push children to their full potential.

Posted June 13, 2013
This school has a great PK program. All of my kids were reading in PK. My kids attended the school for PK- 1st. I moved and my kids went to a neighborhood school and was placed in the GT program. The principal ask me the name of the school my kids attended prior to coming to the neighborhood school and the teachers name. My kids were more advance than the kids in their classroom. Believe me I worked two jobs and did not have time to assist with homework. The teachers allowed the students to complete homework at the end of the day, excellent for working parents like me. The library next to the school allowed my kids to stay after school because they have a partnership with the school. My sister kids attend the school in PK-3rd and are currently in high school honor programs. The teachers are professional and excellent leadership at the school. The teachers have been there for years, as well as the school. The Bellfort Location is excellent

Academy Of Accelerated Learning 1

Posted January 20, 2012
I am not satisfied with this school for my kid, keep this school in last preference. if your kid could not get admission any where. Teacher does not teach manners to the kids. staff is not cooperative. office staff is really very rude.looks like they do not want to talk any one. my review is for chimney rock branch..

Posted November 18, 2007
I love the effort our teachers put when they are teaching. They go way out when it comes to our kids education. The learning process they have is the best. Thanks to all of our teachers for they're hard work and dedication.

Posted July 18, 2005
My 2 children attended this school for several years. I recommend this school for any parent. There are many caring teachers at the Bellfort location.

Posted August 17, 2004
My grandson started K3 this year and I am happy to say that already he is eager to get up and get ready for school. He is 3 years old and I am thankful for a nuturing and stimulating educational experience

Posted June 10, 2004
My second child attended Academy of Acceleratd Learning and now is in regular public school. Academy of Accelerated Learning has given my child the head start he needs. My younger daughter now attends AAL and is moving at a fast pace. AAL is a good place for your child to begin his/her grade years!

6025 Chimney Rock Road, Houston, TX  77081
Last modified Academy Of Accelerated Learning is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Academy Of Accelerated Learning Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top