Bad
Good

My daughter just started kindergarten this year. I was worried about public school until we began. New principal seems nice and involved. Mrs. Hillman at front desk is awesome. Most importantly her teacher(gravis) is wonderful. My daughter went from knowing alphabet to reading in half a year. Parents please volunteer if you are worried about your child. Then you can be involved and make tips even better.

For the past year I have been fighting with the teachers counselor behavior specialist and assistant principal to help my child until I could get things done on my end for an assessment. Now that the assessment is done and results are in I'm getting ignored by all. It just proves that they don't care. My child needs a 504 plan and according to the AP we should start now but per her weeks later we could start working on it next school year. Being school is almost over. Not acceptable. Its like setting up my child for failure for next year.i will be going up to the main building and fight for my child. . I'm a teacher and wouldn't do that to a child that I know needs help. Very dissatisfied!

I have had a child go through Tipps Elementary from Kinder-5th grade (she's now in 7th grade) and another child who began in Kinder, now in 2nd grade, who will finish there. I have been completely pleased with the staff, communication, helpfulness, and politeness they have shown. My children loved it, and still do, there. I agree you can get a teacher you do not like or disagree with, but this can happen at any school. Overall, when situations arise, the response time to my concern has been quick, and the attention shown to the concern has been what I would expect. I personally think that if more parents took the time to get involved and volunteer, then some of the other negative comments I have read here would not exist. Be active in your childs education!

This is my third child to attend this school and we love it. My children have done very well. The teachers will come early or stay late just to help. The problem with the school is that it does not have enough teachers and principals. Some of the techers were forced to leave and go to other schools -- even tough the school has more children than it did last year. My son is at the middle school and they have about the same number of children but they have more teachers and principals. Some of the children at this school are really bad but they do a good job of keeping them until control because some of the parents do not care and do not come to school.

So far, as we enter kindergarten, we are a little disappointed... The school administration is is not easy to get a hold of to find out any information, and the school's website is extremely hard to navigate. I hope this isn't a sign of what's to come and wish that public school children in my area had more choices than Tipps Elementary.

I absolutely agree! My kids are in their third year at tipps, we will be moving next year in,an effort to leave tools elementary,the staff is horrible and are only concerned with bench mark test results,sad to say I despise this school.

This school lacks experience, stability, and a true caring quality. The teachers and many of the staff including the principle are new to this school and career. Already by the end of the 09-10 school year two of the staff are no longer at Tipps. Front desk staff is inconsiderate and not very helpful. Communication is poor if any. I have viewed staff demean and argue with students. The school was very disorganized and unprofessional. This seemed to be the culture of this environment towards parents visitors and unfortunately students.

My child is new to Texas and Tipps, I found that some teachers dont have the patiance that a new student needs to help them adjust. The school work is very good and it pushes my child, I like Tipps I just think some teacher should have more patiance.

Tipps has been very wonderful with my son who is now in the 3rd grade. There have been a couple of teachers in the previous years that I believe did not have the patience to be an elementary level teacher, but besides that they're great.

My child is in 5th grade this year and has been attending Tipps since 3rd grade. Parents have to remember that this is a new school and kinks are still being worked out. I do agree that there is slight lack of communication on things that are happening in the classroom in regards to behavior issues with students. Overall the experience has been a good one though and I think they are doing a pretty good job!

Last modified Tipps Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.