Posted April 30, 2014
Bammel Middle school is striving to be the best it can. Under the new leadership of Dr. Hyder I see a difference in the staff and the children. They truly care and strive every day to ensure the kids are learning and have the necessary tools to be successful

Posted August 24, 2013
I am a former student. I now moved to a school in Minnesota and I'm about to be a class of 2014 senior. I understand that the dress code is strict. But I rather have that than have kids run around in short shorts/low tank-tops and saggy pants. As the years go by, the gang violence seems to be getting worse too. It starts at home. The parents need to watch their kids and teach them how to behave like human beings. Not like animals. If they were raised in a controlled environment, they would be well behaving students. I'm sure there are teachers who try their BEST. And you will always have your teachers who seem to have chosen that profession as a back up plan. Those are the ones that just don't care. Discipline is obviously lacking. And again with dress code, it COULD be a bit less strict in my opinion. I remember I used to freak out because I forgot my school ID. They were crazy about that too. As someone who has been through all that, there is always a way to handle things. The school should focus on getting the kids active so they can handle their frustrations, have counselors, and teach with enthusiasm! Not that they aren't already. But there's always room for improvement.

Posted December 18, 2012
i am currently attending bammel middle school as a 6th grader and i am withdrawing tomorrow.I believe bammel should not be called a middle school more like a prison because of all the strict regulations,dress code is the worst part,you have to wear red,white or navy blue shirts everyday to school and kakis ONLY on mondays and fridays you can wear ONLY jeans thats it and if you want a nice looking backpack thing twice the only choice backpacks is see thru or mesh thats it and there is high rate of bullying there also gang activity so in don't recommend this school don't go there!

Posted November 01, 2012
This school is a War Zone.They have no control and staff do not do there job.My daughter hair was cut by a male student and the got spit in her face from this same male student and we weren't notified.But yet I get a call saying she was absent from class.Im pulling my daughter from this school tomorrow and the police will be notified of this incident along with the superintendent .Something has to be done,before I take actions into my own hands.This will not be tolerated ,too much happened for me not to be notified.

Posted September 08, 2011
I am a parent of 2 children that attend Bammel Middle school, and I understand that we can't find perfection at any school and that all schools have problems, but Bammel Middle school in particular has a strict dress code, fighting, bullying, stealing, etc. Now I am against dress code but I understand dress code and why the whole thing was put in place and as a matter of a fact, my kids previous school had dress code. At Bammel Middle School there school dress code policy is too strict, meaning no shorts, no jeans, mesh or see through back packs only. I personally think that this school is focused more on the the kids dress code and less on their education. I would rather home-school my children or put them in another school than to let them go to Bammel Middle School which is why I am withdrawing my children tomorrow. In addition I will like to say that this school does have some great teachers, but very few!

Posted January 03, 2011
I go to this school and i love it! Most of the teachers are nice and the lunch is good but it's 10 dollars a week for me.I think that we shouldn't tuck are shirts in because that's dumb.There would be a couple fights once in a while. Some students get picked on but the teachers try to do something about it.Other students would steal or try to steal your things.Some students hate this school others don't but I give it 4 stars.Shine On fellow patriots:)

Posted July 03, 2010
As a teacher at BMS, I feel compelled to respond to some of the negative criticism that has been directed toward our school. We dedicate 10-14 hours a day to Bammel during the week. We spend a countless hours contacting the parents of students who are causing trouble in an attempt to resolve their behavior so that they may be successful in school and in life (as we all know they can be). We love our kids and struggle daily to save them from the surrounding in which fate has left them.That said, however, we are not miracle workers and are not God. We do the best we can for a group of kids that comes from a rough background and do not get paid much for our efforts. We do the absolute best we can for our kids because we love them. I don't know what else we can do.

Bammel Middle School 5

Posted June 15, 2010
- Bammel Is Not As Bad As Parents Say It Is, Yeah Obviously There Is Problems At Bammel But Other Schools Are No Different. I Believe Teachers Are Great And They Do Teach. The Pricipal, Mr. Wadley Is Great And There Is Really No Bullying Around, Im A 6th Grader, About To Go To 7th And Bammel Is Great, Really There Is No Problems With 8th Graders Or 7th Graders. Bammel Is A Great School. ShiNE ON !

Bammel Middle School 0

Posted May 12, 2010
My daughter attends this school and I am so happy she will graduating to Senior High. The past 3 years has not been pleasant for her with all of the bullying, fighting, bad language and inappropriate dress. I dropped my child off one morning and saw male students walking into the entrance of the school with their pants hanging below the waist. My daughter has been touched aggressively by male students and she has even told me that the teachers doesn't do a thing about it. This school needs to be closed and the principal and teachers (most, not all of them) need to be retrained on handling teenage kids.

Posted May 11, 2010
i rate this school zero i think this is the worst school ever teachers don't even teach they talk about there personal life instead i think this school should be dun with ....and pluse there takes scores are horrible

Bammel Middle School
16711 Ella Boulevard, Houston, TX  77090
Last modified Bammel Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bammel Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top