No rating

Humble Christian School

Private | PK-12

We are best known for excellent Christian education.

Living in Humble

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $133,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $890.

Posted May 19, 2014

The leadership and teachers at the school are highly questionable. There are teachers that have ALLOWED bullying to go on without telling the parents or the principal. When a child finally worked up the nerve to tell her mother THEN the teacher stepped forward. The principal excused both the inaction of the teacher AND the behavior of the bully. UNACCEPTABLE! When you take a complaint to the principal, he either gets offended or he gets defensive. The teachers are NEVER in the wrong from what he says, yet they had to fire one at the end of a semester because her "teaching" was causing parents to pull their children from the school. That translates into: Money is walking out of the door. The list goes on and on. Do yourself and your children a favor and take your money elsewhere. If you believe that you are placing your children at a "Christian" school, think again.

Posted May 6, 2014

HCS is a diamond. My son attends Pre K and I am amazed by how much he is learning. He is reading on an advanced level and is already writing in cursive, as well. The people are wonderful and there is a family-like feel to this school. I think the school provides a great balance between academic learning and Christian principles. HCS is affordable and provides quality alternative education for those of us who are not impressed with schools we're zoned to in the area. This school is a blessing and I am grateful.

Posted October 4, 2013

Fantastic school. Our children have attended their entire school life. I've always been so impressed with the teachers and staff.

Posted September 11, 2013

Humble Christian School has been an amazing blessing for our family. Not only are my children receiving an actual education, as opposed to only learning how to take and pass state-mandated tests, but they are doing so with a Christian-based philosophy. The school is led by a Christian man that I firmly believe has only the best interests of each student at the forefront of his mind. I am confident that the eductional and Christian-focused foundations that my children are receiving will serve them extremely well in all aspects of their lives currently and in the future.

Posted August 20, 2011

My son has attended HCS since kindergarten. The school has a very positive environment with teachers who care about the students. He has received a quality education with emphasis on academic excellence and Christian principles. I would highly recommend HCS!

Posted August 19, 2011

My son has attended HCS for eight years. He has had an exceptional academic foundation, but more than that, he has been taught to be a follower of Jesus Christ. In Bible class this year he will learn how to live a Dynamic Christian Life. The curriculum will focus on salvation in Jesus Christ , leading others to Jesus and making a difference for Jesus. The administration and staff are wonderful leaders for our children. I served on the accreditation team and I am proud to say that the middle school and high school are now accredited! HCS is not a perfect environment, but we are not a perfect people, just forgiven by our Lord Jesus Christ. We strive to be Christ-like and we love HCS!

Posted July 11, 2011

Our children have attended HCS for the last several years and have received an excellent education in a nurturing, God centered environment. Bible, solid academics, respect for authority, accountability, responsibility, sports and fun are all well taught.

Posted April 27, 2011

Humble Christian School is truly a "Christian" School. Alot of school put the word Christian in their name so that it will look good. At HCS the administration as well as the staff and support staff are all dedicated Christians working in a ministry to educate kids not just academically but also spiritually.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 27, 2011

I have attended this school for 8 years and I love it. I am now a senior and I am proud to say that I have grown up in a good Christian environment. The people here are like my family and I couldn't imagine life without them. You will never meet teachers like the ones we have here also, all of the teachers are very caring and loving. They will do whatever they have to do to make sure you understand what they are teaching, and they are also very good Christian examples. I can not imagine attending school and receiving my education in a better place.

Posted March 15, 2011

Caring staff, amazing Christian environment. My family has been a part of the HCS family for eight years. The education the children receive is superior and the loving guidance of the staff is an incredible asset to their future. We love the dedication of the administration and their committment to continually striving to offer the best education possible.

Posted August 14, 2009

My children have been at HCS for five years. It has been good experience that has not only helped my children grow in instruction but also spiritually. There are good teachers there that care about children and their future. I appreciated how teacher's would go out of their way to help other children struggling in certain subjects, in one case my child was out due to illness for more than a week. When my child was able to go back to school, that teacher work with my child every moment she had to help her get caught up. I have been pleased with the caring atmosphere and willingness to go out of their way to help families not only for the sake of education but also for the sake of Christ.

Posted July 18, 2009

I hated this school. The principal was horrible. Last year, there were two of them and they did a horrible job. I got in trouble alot of times because of nothing. The kids that were doing the bad things didn't get in trouble because they weren't caught. If I could rate it negative 5, I would. BTW, the kids weren't to nice either. I've been goin there all my life and I hated the last 2 years.
—Submitted by a student

Posted June 3, 2009

i went to school here and its a good school. they teach us how to work hard. they teaches life lessons.this year was my first year and i loved my teacher (Mrs.Dobson) she can be strict but she teaches with all her heart
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 4, 2006

This has been by far the best christian school my son has ever attended! he has attended here for 3 years.(5Th-7th) he has also attended new hope academy,the kings academyand christian life center. Mr. Ted howell is an excellent principal.He is a strong leader, and really excels with children. Their tuition fees are lower than many surrounding christian schools. They enforce discilpline, and seem to be a very organized, and financially stable.Hcs is steadily prospering and growing, and has just added a new wing to the school for the middle/high school. There is high parent teacher involvement. They empasize christian values. This is a terrific school!

Asian or Pacific Islander 2% 4%

College readiness and student pathways

Students typically attend these schools prior to attending this school all over northeast Houston suburban area
Colleges most students attend after graduation Liberty University
Mary-Hardin Baylor
Sam Houston State University
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Special education / special needs

• College prep programs/courses during the year
  • College presentations or information sessions
  • Community college courses
  • SAT/ACT prep classes

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Ted Howell
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Accelerated credit learning
  • Core knowledge
  • Honors track
  • Virtual school
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Drama
Media arts
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Yearbook

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
  • Uniforms

Apply now

What are your chances?

Students typically come from these schools
all over northeast Houston suburban area

What does it cost?

Financial aid offered

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Liberty University
Sam Houston State University
Lone Star College
College preparation / awareness offered
Community college courses
College prep programs/courses during the year
College presentations or information sessions
SAT/ACT prep classes