Humble, TX
Students enrolled: 1,076

Posted November 12, 2014
This school is terrible. The teachers and staff try to make a difference, but their hands are tied by the principal. She is controlling and micro-manages every little thing that every staff member or PTO parent does. There is disorganization like I've never witnessed in an academic environment. The GT program leaves much to be desired and the staff doesn't honor test scores and placement recommendations from other schools. All around, a horrible school. We will not be sending our child there next year.
4 people found this helpful

Posted October 28, 2014
My son has experienced bullying at this school and nothing has been done to ensure his safety or to enforce a "non-bullying policy". The problem is not just with the school and their limited authority, it's with the parents who do not have time to deal with their kids or the issues they're having at school. Parents need to teach their children that it is not ok to inflict harm on others for pleasure. I feel bad for rating this school very low, but nothing has improved after our many, many reports of similar bullying situations. The teachers seem to show concern (at the time), but nothing more after that. Maybe it's not the faculty's fault, but the general demographics of the community this school is located in. I wish I knew of the lack of morals, compassion, common decency, and concern for human beings before we moved to this area. These parents need to worry less about the sound systems and rims on their vehicles, and more about instilling positive traits in their children.
2 people found this helpful

Jones Elementary School 4

Posted October 03, 2014
I currently have 2 kids that attend Jones Elementary. My daughter in Pre K and My Son in K. As a first time parent, I was skeptical to send my kids to public school, but I'm pleased with the environment in which they're learning. My son is reading on a 1-2nd grade level, and my daughter is above her peers in her Pre K class. All of this wasn't learned at the school, however I feel the teachers are doing their absolute best to help them maintain and exceed. I have daily conversations with my kid s teachers, whether it's by email or phone calls to check on the daily progress of my kids. Unlike the other reviews, this is a positive one and I'm glad I chose this school for my kids to attend.

Posted August 29, 2014
A family member who's cold goes there told me that on the very first day of school a little girl was sent home walking when she didn't even know the way home. She got lost & ended up at one of the gas stations at the front of the neighborhood. Her mother was running late that day&contacted the school to let them know & that's when she found out that NOONE at the school knew where the little girl was. The little girl was found wad found scared & crying, but thankfully unharmed. I just don't understand how something like this could've in the first place. How do they send small children walking home all in their own? It's just ridiculous.

Jones Elementary School 5

Posted April 24, 2014
It appears there is not much parent support at this school. The school offers many academic nights for learning and a handful of parents attend. If you as a parent can not support your childs school to get better, why complain. This school is not as aweful as the reviews say. There are many positive things happening at Jones Elementary.

Posted April 23, 2014
This school is an embarrassment to all faculty and students. Do not send your children here unless you want them to come out as criminals. The teachers care nothing for their jobs and most do not care when a child, like my son, is bulled on a day to day basis. They learn nothing either. if relocating means going to school here then it is better to stay where you are.

Posted August 17, 2013
Horrible....no one watches these kids...I was there and they literally couldn't find someone's child who a parent came to pick up during field day...seems like the people who work there don't want to be there...are not warm ...just going through the motions....lots of homework but they don't teach the kids how to do the work they send home...i thought homework was supposed to review and reaffirm what the teacher taught them in class, but we were teaching how to count money at our dinner table during homework time..ugh!

Posted December 06, 2012
Pre-K was bullying, very rude teachers - the following year, teacher was NEVER prepared, bullying @ the school,sometimes never received homework, AS A PARENT ALWAYS THE LAST TO KNOW ANY INFO....JONES ELEMENTARY- NO DIFFERENT- ALWAYS BULLING @ THE SCHOOL, Teachers always absent, or quit.. I went on a Field Trip, following along in my car and my daughter on the bus with Teachers , My daugher was pushed, and being hit by another child on the bus, but no one saw anything and the teacher basically ignored my child told her to sit back down..While eating Luch @ the field trip which i attended i witness the same child pushed my daughter down stairs, Thank God she was not hurt, but her back bruised- I told the teacher & she just more or less blew it off- I had to warn the teacher that, that child BETTER NOT PUT his hands on my child ANYMORE. needless to say this was a very important issue, the Principal nor Assit.Principal did not RETURN MY CALL. MY DAUGHTER IS IN 2ND GRADE HATES THIS SCHOOL...SOMEONE NEEDS TO RE-EVALUATE THE Principal/ WHOLE STAFF and VERIFY ADDRESSES...

Posted September 11, 2011
If you care about your child's education don't send them to Jone Elementary. Place them in private school or buy a house in another area. My son graduated this summer. I worked with him at home and pretty much maintained As and Bs, but I felt like he was not being challenged in class. When I would go to his school for certain functions it was always poorly planned; unorganized chaos.A couple of the teachers seem to be good, but others were fresh out of a certification program doing their job, but not necessarily teaching our kids.

Jones Elementary School 0

Posted April 07, 2009
I have been very disappointed in this school. It is a new school with lots of resources, but the leadership is not there.

Jones Elementary School
7903 Forest Point Drive, Humble, TX  77338
Last modified Jones Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jones Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top