Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 19, 2016
Very poor system. Very poor communication. I drop my son off between 7:00AM and 7:05AM and he stays in the front lobby with a few other children. I get a phone call this morning about how my son has been sitting in the Office the last two days because he's been pestering other kids at the front before school. The Principal goes on to tell me that kids are not to be dropped off until 7:30, 7:20 the earliest because the children have no supervision until then- only the Janitor. She also mentioned that she's talked to "all of the other parents" about them dropping their child off too early since the school doesn't "open" until 7:30AM. I argued that if the doors are open, that means the school is open and with a couple weeks of school remaining; this is the FIRST time I have been notified about dropping of my child too early and him bothering other children. She continued to cut me off and talk over me, then rushing and saying Thank You like the conversation was over. She continued that the doors are open for "safety reasons" which then I stated that having unsupervised children in the Lobby with the doors open to whoever pleases, is NOT a safety precaution. All of that being said, I told the Principal that they have a black hole in their system and she said this is where we have to disagree. Poor system, and not receptive to parent's thoughts and concerns. I would have loved to know that my child has been unsupervised in the mornings the whole school year. If you're closed until 7:30AM, you need to lock the lobby doors and re-route the parents and send out a Newsletter.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted September 09, 2015
This is one of the most uncaring schools I have seen in this area. If you have a choice, avoid enrolling your child in this school.

Foster Elementary School 2

Posted September 09, 2015
The staff are uncaring and this transcends throughout the environment. I could not recommend this school.

Posted January 30, 2015
My daughter is now in 2nd grade and has attended Foster since Kindergarten. The teachers and support staff are wonderful, caring, and have the best interests of the kids at heart. When she started my daughter had speech problems, which also put her behind in reading--and the administration got her enrolled in speech therapy and extra reading help. Since then she has improved by leaps and bounds! She is actually ahead of her reading level now. Foster also has a very active and involved PTO that does a lot for both teachers and students. My daughter LOVES her school.

Foster Elementary School 1

Posted September 26, 2014
Avoid moving to this area if you can. Foster Elementary School employs teachers and management staff who appear friendly in the beginning of the school year, but gradually through brief glimpses throughout the year, you'll realize they are rude to the children. If you have any concerns, especially if your child is harmed or hurt on campus, they are belligerent and defensive. This is a reprehensible school that turns a blind eye to bullying! Stay away!! For the safety of your children, especially if Mrs. Zelezinski is still the principal! She does NOT care about your kids!

Posted September 13, 2010
Challenging curriculum; I see that Foster received an Exemplary rating from the T.E.A., that's the highest rating a school can receive, I believe. My special needs daughter has just blossomed and is excelling in the 5th grade. My husband transferred here from Kentucky- trust me, Kingwood schools are a HUGE improvement of what is offered in Kentucky, sorry Kentucky.

Posted January 17, 2010
I think Foster is a great school. Im impressed by the teacher's sensitivity to her special needs. She is excelling now, largely due to the curriculum, excellent staff. Thanks

Posted December 19, 2008
I absolutely love Foster! My daughter is in her 3rd year there and she's excelling in every subject because every teacher she's had so far makes learning fun. They interact with each child so well and really seem to do their best. They've even gone to see my child's singing performances and to watch her cheer. These teachers really play an active role in these kids' lives.

Foster Elementary School 1

Posted March 26, 2008
The Principles leadership is lacking. Had a wonderful K year, after that went down hill quickly. Ended up pulling him in out in 2nd grade and put him in private school. He has blossomed since then.

Posted January 28, 2008
This is a great school with great teachers!

1800 Trailwood Village Drive, Humble, TX  77339
Last modified Foster Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.