Humble, TX

Timbers Elementary School 1

Posted October 28, 2014
My daughter is now repeating first grade at another school after Timbers refused to test my daughter for an LD. After her first year of intervention in Kindergarten she showed very little improvement. Her 1st grade year they put her with a new teacher who had never taught before in a very crowded classroom. My daughter was failing and they did nothing to help her, I put her in private tutoring 3x weekly to help. She was being bullied and called stupid, the teacher and principal did nothing. She hated school and cried often begging me not to take her. Her pediatrician and I wrote letters to request testing, the school continued to give excuses why she didn't need testing. I was told my son did not qualify for Pre k, but I find out now that he would have qualified for assistance at 3 1/2 due to his developmental delay. If only something can be done to get this school to test kids when they need it instead of making it impossible. Their system is seriously flawed. Dealing with them and that unpleasant woman at the front desk has been a nightmare. Glad it is over, my kids are thriving and they will never go back. If your kids are struggling, get them in Maplebrook. These people care!

Posted July 29, 2014
Timbers Elementary has been an outstanding school for my grandson. He started Kindergarten at another school and had many problems. We then moved him to Timbers Elementary in first grade. The principal and assistant principal have worked closely with us and he is blossoming. He had a great teacher, the best I have ever seen. He had a wonderful year with their support.

Posted July 18, 2014
My children have attended Timbers Elementary since kindergarten and we have had wonderful experiences. The teachers and staff at Timbers are amazing and truly care about the students.

Timbers Elementary School 4

Posted August 18, 2011
I read over the previously posted reviews when I found this site today. Prior to 2010-2011 school year, I agree with the negative remarks. The last school year was phenomenol for both of my children (K & 3rd). My oldest son had personal problems from K-2 grade. During K & 1st grade, getting help was like pulling teeth & there were times I did feel like pulling out my hair. The previous principal retired & the asst. principal for her was promoted to principal; she is awesome and who really helped me, finally, the previous year. It looks better, feels better, & I see happier staff, kids, & parents. We were seriously considering moving out of the HISD if things had not improved. My son is now doing awesome. I don't give the highest rating on many things as there is always ways to improve. I do believe that the upcoming school year will show even more improvement as more teachers, parents, staff, and students get on board with the new approach that came along with the Asst. P promoting to Principal. The new AP is great as well as the AP who is in training at Timbers. I am very satisfied with the changes!

Timbers Elementary School 3

Posted January 23, 2010
I'm not one of those overly crazed parents that has to have the ABSOLUTE best schools, but I have very smart children and expect hard working, concerned teachers and staff. This school is either hit or miss. The principle is unfortunately not the leader and support I would have hoped. She seems to side by the wayside on parental concerns and doesn't follow through with what she says she's going to do. On the other hand there are some fantastic teachers, but there are also some not so great teachers. The parent teacher communication is seriously lacking. This is our third year there, and I have two children attending. I have been thoroughly disappointed this year. The past years have been great, but this year I have nothing good to say.

Posted September 16, 2009
Great school and teachers are outstanding!

Timbers Elementary School 1

Posted March 10, 2009

Timbers Elementary School 2

Posted March 10, 2009
We have had nothing but trouble with Timbers. I would not recommend this school. The children are not challenged here at all. I am sure there are good teachers in the bunch, but we did not get one of them.

Timbers Elementary School 0

Posted November 13, 2008
If your child is below average academically, or if your child does not speak English this school is the school for you. My child is exceptional at school work, he has been at the top of his class since starting school. However, I've been told by a couple of my sons teacher at this school that my child is 'smart enough... '. What kind of world do we live in when educators say your student is 'smart enough...'?

Posted October 29, 2007

Timbers Elementary School
6910 Lonesome Woods Trail, Humble, TX  77346
(281) 641-2000
Last modified Timbers Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Timbers Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top