Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I live in Atascocita and daughter has attended since Kinder. Lets just say I withdrew my kids and put them in Aldine ISD (which has 300+more kids mainly spanish speaking) to avoid dealing with these people EVER! Great School rating went from 8 to 6 in a very short time under the new principal. Where does ALL the fund raiser money go we pump into the school? Couldnt it be used for more help with test scores? Morale has gone down hill its not as fun or exciting for kids or parents. They single out certain parents if you rock the boat they will make you feel unwelcome and uncomfortable, almost a form of parent bullying, dirty looks, not responding to emails etc.. For me everything was a hassle. After I decided to transfer my kids Was denied copies of my daughters records and had to contact the Superintendent. Enough was enough. I know I am not the only one. A neighbor behind me actually moved out of the neighborhood to put her kids in a different school. My neighbors next door attend summerwood on a transfer also. There are a couple FANTASTIC teachers though I have to say that helped a lot. Other than that I really hope they make some serious changes or they will continue to go downhill....

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The teacher my daughter had was engaging

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Too difficult, and unnecessary for age group...

Its sad when the principal, vice principal etc get involved, believe gossip spread by other children and parents. That is the type of school this is fake smiles, gossip, judgement, like you are in highschool. It was not comfortable for me to even drop my kids off. I have a special needs son, who was marked tardy truant even though he walked extremely slow and had breakdowns daily because he HATED school. He was Yelled at for leaning on walls. I tried to tell them about him walking slow They didnt care. Principal ignored emails. If Asking for anything I was met with red tape. I pulled my kids to homeschool them this year to avoid dealing with these people. They even told us we couldnt have our kids records!! I Had to call superintendent. They fought us on everything just because. Special ed teacher was amazing! Please Avoid this school at all costs...

My daughter is now repeating first grade at another school after Timbers refused to test my daughter for an LD. After her first year of intervention in Kindergarten she showed very little improvement. Her 1st grade year they put her with a new teacher who had never taught before in a very crowded classroom. My daughter was failing and they did nothing to help her, I put her in private tutoring 3x weekly to help. She was being bullied and called stupid, the teacher and principal did nothing. She hated school and cried often begging me not to take her. Her pediatrician and I wrote letters to request testing, the school continued to give excuses why she didn't need testing. I was told my son did not qualify for Pre k, but I find out now that he would have qualified for assistance at 3 1/2 due to his developmental delay. If only something can be done to get this school to test kids when they need it instead of making it impossible. Their system is seriously flawed. Dealing with them and that unpleasant woman at the front desk has been a nightmare. Glad it is over, my kids are thriving and they will never go back. If your kids are struggling, get them in Maplebrook. These people care!

Timbers Elementary has been an outstanding school for my grandson. He started Kindergarten at another school and had many problems. We then moved him to Timbers Elementary in first grade. The principal and assistant principal have worked closely with us and he is blossoming. He had a great teacher, the best I have ever seen. He had a wonderful year with their support.

My children have attended Timbers Elementary since kindergarten and we have had wonderful experiences. The teachers and staff at Timbers are amazing and truly care about the students.

I read over the previously posted reviews when I found this site today. Prior to 2010-2011 school year, I agree with the negative remarks. The last school year was phenomenol for both of my children (K & 3rd). My oldest son had personal problems from K-2 grade. During K & 1st grade, getting help was like pulling teeth & there were times I did feel like pulling out my hair. The previous principal retired & the asst. principal for her was promoted to principal; she is awesome and who really helped me, finally, the previous year. It looks better, feels better, & I see happier staff, kids, & parents. We were seriously considering moving out of the HISD if things had not improved. My son is now doing awesome. I don't give the highest rating on many things as there is always ways to improve. I do believe that the upcoming school year will show even more improvement as more teachers, parents, staff, and students get on board with the new approach that came along with the Asst. P promoting to Principal. The new AP is great as well as the AP who is in training at Timbers. I am very satisfied with the changes!

I'm not one of those overly crazed parents that has to have the ABSOLUTE best schools, but I have very smart children and expect hard working, concerned teachers and staff. This school is either hit or miss. The principle is unfortunately not the leader and support I would have hoped. She seems to side by the wayside on parental concerns and doesn't follow through with what she says she's going to do. On the other hand there are some fantastic teachers, but there are also some not so great teachers. The parent teacher communication is seriously lacking. This is our third year there, and I have two children attending. I have been thoroughly disappointed this year. The past years have been great, but this year I have nothing good to say.

Great school and teachers are outstanding!

Last modified Timbers Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.