Bad
Good

Pineforest Elementary School 2

Posted April 15, 2014
I strongly disagree with this assessment. First the student to teacher ration is more like 24:1. The kindergarten classes all share one great room with cubicle walls to separate them. Yes half walls covered in carpet. The principle is decided ineffectual. 3 weeks after sending the principle a letter voicing our concerns about the lack of communication from the teacher, the lack of a good learning environment and how rigorous the matriculation is not , the teacher called us to "handle this problem in a timely manner." The physical education of students consists of running a lap before recess. I am told there is a PE teacher but I am not sure what their function is. We only decided to leave our child in this school to finish out the year because of the stress added to her in changing schools. My advice is to find another school or don't expect much!

Pineforest Elementary School 5

Posted November 22, 2013
My daughter started 2nd grade here, and has been thriving. She absolutely loves her teacher, and I can't say I have any complaints either. We transferred her here from a Houston ISD school, and I was concerned that she was falling behind in math and reading. She has really been improving a lot in those subjects since the beginning of the year. I love the fact that she has art and music now, and she seems to really enjoy her hands-on science class. This school really restored my faith in the public school system.

Posted September 16, 2009
I love the fact that my child loves the school. She has loved the teachers she has and been encouraged to be the best she can be.

Posted March 31, 2008
PIne Forest has an awesome administrative staff. There are many staff members have been working there for over 15 years (this says alot about the principal). The principal is always looking for ways to lead the district. We were one of 2 elementary's in our district to start a Spanish Immersion program 8 years ago. The school is A+ Grant winner. The parents involvement is top notch and would probably be hard to beat!

Posted February 09, 2008
Wow! I just read the posted review from March 2004. I only wish I could have known this then. My child has been in this school for 4 years and I have finally came to the realization I must get him out of there and to a safer environment. I have worked very closely with his teachers, principals and spent many volunteer hours at the school only to watch and wait for the changes they promise never happen. The 2004 review is very accurate.

Pineforest Elementary School 5

Posted May 10, 2004
Pine Forest is a great school. The teachers truly care about the students they teach. Everyone at the school works hard to ensure students receive the best education possible.

Pineforest Elementary School 3

Posted March 27, 2004
The does not have an agenda for children with LD. It apys attentione to the only top achieving children and does not have any minority faculty, although the studen population has increased with monotity students.

19702 West Lake Houston Parkway, Humble, TX  77346
Last modified Pineforest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.