Maplebrook Elementary School 2

Posted January 07, 2013
Not as good as what people say and what I was told they are in my opinion. If you have a child with a disabilty of learning they do not really help you. In fact, All they do is send you emails on everything they have done wrong that day and change their color if they make a wrong move. It could be the mildest thing like playing around in line when waiting to go to restroom. Or the child had an argument with another classmate, etc... This is my second time for my child to be in Kindergarten there b/c I feel they did not do a good job preparing him for 1st grade and it seems they are not teaching him any better than last year even with a new teacher. Yes, they are friendly but I hear a lot of yelling going on in the classrooms as well. Do not really see the principle at all but I do see the vice principle and she has been very nice. I hope you have a child that does not have a speech problem otherwise it will be hard for that child to succeed because they do not slow down just for that student.

Maplebrook Elementary School 2

Posted July 08, 2010
Normal is what they do best. In fact, that's all they do. If your child is gifted or unusual, prepare to meet the most intractable, hostile principal with whom I've ever had the displeasure of dealing (which is saying something: I have 10 years experience in elem. ed.) Reineking refuses to hold her teachers accountable, & in fact defends them, despite not really knowing what actually goes on in their classrooms. She is clueless until you want something, and then she shows up to tell you why you can't have it and why they're already wonderful. They have "zero tolerance" in more ways than one, and in discipline to the point of a absurdity. In short, if your child needs anything outside what they're already doing, forget it. If your kid's average in intelligence and behavior, they'll fit right in. And god help you if you have an active boy. .

Posted April 16, 2009
My daughter has been to 3 schools now since kindergarden and this one is by far my favorite. She has been welcomed with open arms. The staff is super friendly and positive but still hold the children to a high level of accountablility. They are warm and friendly and positive. She has a reasonable amount of homework and does very well academically. We would reccomend this school to anyone.

Maplebrook Elementary School 4

Posted March 11, 2009
The school's atmosphere is great and some of the teacher's my children have had are fantastic. The Principal hasn't been very visible around the school, which is disappointing!! Parent involvement seems to be more structured around 'familiar faces' and not open to new participation. We paid for the PTO at the beginning of the year, however we haven't received any communication from them except through the school e-news paper.

Posted March 10, 2009
My son attended here last year and we have finally transfered back recently. We can't say enough good things about this school. The teachers are excellent and they provide the students with a positive learning environment. The principal and support staff are friendly and caring and their doors are always open. The PTO is fantastic! This is an excellent school and my son is really learning a lot.

Posted April 28, 2006
This is the first year my daughter is in the public school system (previously attended Catholic School)and I am very pleased with this school and her teacher. Academics are priority here. My daughter has music, art, library and computer on a rotating schedule. No extracurricular activities that I know about. Very close nit school community. Lots of parent involvement. Great PTO.

Maplebrook Elementary School 3

Posted June 28, 2005

Maplebrook Elementary School 4

Posted May 15, 2004
This school is a great school overall. We recently moved to Texas and adapting to the school rules were a bit strained. I am accustomed to a more friendly and welcoming staff and faculty. I believe that at the beginning of school, during meet the teacher, the principal should make herself present, (ie) walk the halls and visit the classroom and introduce herself. I still don't know what she looks like. The school seems to welcome familiar faces and not new ones. I attempted volunteering but the school does not make you feel welcomed. I once thought maybe the feeling was only mine, but from talking to some other parents they feel the same as well. They agree that the principal is not visible enough. Overall, my child's teacher is great! She difinitely has made my child feel

Posted February 16, 2004
A beautiful school with lots of young teachers. Nothing against more experienced teachers, but in my opinion, younger teachers are better for elementary age students. Individual classrooms rather than the partitioned off rooms many elementaries have. My son transferred in mid-year 2nd grade. I was amazed at how his grades improved. I always felt he was distracted as his previous school had waist high partitions separating the classes. Wonderful music, art, and PE programs.

Posted August 12, 2003
Maplebrook is a beautiful school, warm and inviting, with caring and professional teachers. The teachers do a wonderful job of assessing and getting to know the children, and making them feel successful. We have had a wonderful experience!!

Maplebrook Elementary School
7935 Farmingham Road, Humble, TX  77346
Last modified Maplebrook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Maplebrook Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top