Bad
Good

This is a great school with dedicated teachers and administrators. My daughters are excited to go everyday and love sharing all about their day during dinner. They have all the essential resources as well as clubs, tutoring, specials, and family events. I read a comment about the previous principle; there is a new principle and she is very pleasant and visible. I gave 5 stars because my girls are excelling academically and have loved all of their teachers, I always feel welcome, and its a safe environment.

Not as good as what people say and what I was told they are in my opinion. If you have a child with a disabilty of learning they do not really help you. In fact, All they do is send you emails on everything they have done wrong that day and change their color if they make a wrong move. It could be the mildest thing like playing around in line when waiting to go to restroom. Or the child had an argument with another classmate, etc... This is my second time for my child to be in Kindergarten there b/c I feel they did not do a good job preparing him for 1st grade and it seems they are not teaching him any better than last year even with a new teacher. Yes, they are friendly but I hear a lot of yelling going on in the classrooms as well. Do not really see the principle at all but I do see the vice principle and she has been very nice. I hope you have a child that does not have a speech problem otherwise it will be hard for that child to succeed because they do not slow down just for that student.

I was very disappointed in this school. My I have now found that my son has ADD (since I left the school) and not ,as his teacher sugested, alack of discipline. His first grade teacher was abrupt and hostile during conferences making communication difficult. During a conference I said " he is very bright I don't know why he can't finish his work" she said " I can't tell if he is bright or not". Glad we moving his next teacher was encourged me to talk to his Dr he is doing very well now.

Normal is what they do best. In fact, that's all they do. If your child is gifted or unusual, prepare to meet the most intractable, hostile principal with whom I've ever had the displeasure of dealing (which is saying something: I have 10 years experience in elem. ed.) Reineking refuses to hold her teachers accountable, & in fact defends them, despite not really knowing what actually goes on in their classrooms. She is clueless until you want something, and then she shows up to tell you why you can't have it and why they're already wonderful. They have "zero tolerance" in more ways than one, and in discipline to the point of a absurdity. In short, if your child needs anything outside what they're already doing, forget it. If your kid's average in intelligence and behavior, they'll fit right in. And god help you if you have an active boy. .

My daughter has been to 3 schools now since kindergarden and this one is by far my favorite. She has been welcomed with open arms. The staff is super friendly and positive but still hold the children to a high level of accountablility. They are warm and friendly and positive. She has a reasonable amount of homework and does very well academically. We would reccomend this school to anyone.

The school's atmosphere is great and some of the teacher's my children have had are fantastic. The Principal hasn't been very visible around the school, which is disappointing!! Parent involvement seems to be more structured around 'familiar faces' and not open to new participation. We paid for the PTO at the beginning of the year, however we haven't received any communication from them except through the school e-news paper.

My son attended here last year and we have finally transfered back recently. We can't say enough good things about this school. The teachers are excellent and they provide the students with a positive learning environment. The principal and support staff are friendly and caring and their doors are always open. The PTO is fantastic! This is an excellent school and my son is really learning a lot.

Last modified Maplebrook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.