PK-K|Private

Bad
Good

When searching for a PreK program for our son, my husband and I looked at 5 different schools in the area in one day. We had tentatively decided on one of the larger, more expensive schools that day- but something didn't feel right. I had seen Red Apple in my online searches and decided after everyone was home that I would just run and check it out on my own. I am SO GLAD I did. Right when I walked into the warm, inviting atmosphere, full of kids not only learning but laughing, and playing, and interacting- I knew this was it. I enrolled him the next day, and never looked back. He was lucky enough to also attend kindergarten there, and with the one on one reading program & these amazing teachers, he is now one of the top readers in his age group at his new school- by far. My younger daughter is now in the PreK 2 class and she is doing wonderfully. Her teachers are so kind, and loving, and nurture her creative soul in so many ways. She is encouraged to be herself & is succeeding academically all the while. I have no doubt in my mind that my children have been 100% prepared for entering larger school settings. In the present, it seems schools and administrators have forgotten what school is supposed to be--especially for our younger children. They forget what children need to succeed. It isn't all books and busy work. They need to be shown love, compassion, allowed to be creative & be themselves. They need to PLAY. And they need a solid educational atmosphere and background so they can step into any elementary program prepared socially & academically. Lisa Holley and the Red Apple team have achieved this and more. The past 3 years of being a Red Apple family have been the best we could've asked for.

My wife and I have had our son at Red Apple through the entire program, 4 years. We are extremely glad [emphasis] we chose Red Apple over other area schools. But why? It started with a clear and sincere meeting with Mariam Hamre, the director. She took careful time, showing us the school and describing each level's program, 2-yr-olds to kindergarten. It went from there to seeing the facility (very solid), and the engaged and happy children, and engaged teachers and assistants. In this school, you get a Christ-centered education. It provides all the right learning at each level, welcoming them as they are and helping them explore and grow. You don't have to be a member of the church: they express love for your child no matter who she or he is. We've been consistently impressed with the teachers, too. So many of them . . . and so good and effective. If you want a nurtured environment, this school is it. Believe me. You'll be impressed as you get to know the staff, the way the school operates, and especially the result you'll see in your child. I hope you truly consider Red Apple. My son finishes kindergarten this year. God Bless Red Apple and everyone there!

You know you have found a great school when your son wakes up Thursday morning asking how many days until he gets to go to school again, and it's not until Monday. This is my son's first year of preschool at Red Apple and he absolutely loves it. The teachers are positive, supportive and encouraging. They have gone above and beyond my expectations by providing meaningful, hands-on learning experiences and by keeping parents informed of what is going on in the classroom. The teachers obviously have a great love for children and of teaching. I can't say enough about Red Apple, but the most important thing is that my son loves learning and he is having a great time doing it.

My daughter was born 15weeks premature, so when she turned 2 she needed a walker to assist her, no other schools would even let us tour there facilities because of this. From Day 1, Mrs. Hamre said let's see what she can do...Red Apple, gave her the chance she needed. Over the summer she was able to walk without the walker and walked in unassisted on her first day and we haven't looked back since. The staff is warm, loving, and up beat....this is the school for us.

We have search high and low for the "perfect" school for our daughter. After visits to many area preschools, we began to wonder if our standards were just too high. From the moment that we stepped into Red Apple Lutheran School at Peace, we knew it was the right school for our family. The warm feeling you have walking the halls is indescribable. The faculty and staff is a step above any other school we looked at (and we looked at lot). You can clearly see this in everyone walking the halls, especially on the faces of the happy students. Something else that impressed us was how secure the school was. The safety of the children is an obvious priority and one of the many factors that sold us on this school. I can honestly say, I would not want my children to go anywhere else - and we are driving about 30 minutes each way. I highly recommend that you go to visit the school, meet the staff, and see for yourself. You won't regret it!

One of the first big parenting decisions is where to send your child to preschool. It is one that was not taken lightly in our home. We feel BLESSED to have found and enrolled our daughter into Red Apple and look forward to our other children attending one day as well. I cannot say enough about this school. From the amazing director, to the youngest students, and everyone in between, this school is the best. We are grateful to have found a school that caters to our child's age, personality, and ability. It is a true stepping stone for a successful education. Thank you Red Apple Lutheran School at Peace! We look forward to many years in your school. :)

If you are looking for the BEST preschool & kindergarten, stop & look no further. Red Apple is, by far, the best school. We have had 2 children enrolled in Red Apple for 4 years and our entire family has been so blessed. The school and the staff are amazing. This is a whole family experience, even when my husband was deployed for a year, The school took care of me and my children.. Always a listening ear and an open heart...

Red Apple has been such a blessing to my son! Before coming to Red Apple my son was enrolled at another preschool. We had such an awful experience so finding Red Apple has been a treasure for our family. The director is amazing & so caring. The staff & teachers are so involved & care of our son as he was their own. I look forward to my two other toddlers attending! Thank you Red Apple!!!

This is my son's second year at Red Apple. I highly recommend this school. My son thrives in the caring and nuturing environment that is provided. His teachers are thoughtful and patient. They are available to answer any questions I may have. I feel and can tell that the children's well being is a priority here.

All four of my kids have gone here (my last one finishes this year), and they loved it! Great teachers that care about the kids and their families. All my kids learned a deep love for reading. More than that, they learned how to respect and care for other people, how to problem-solve, and simply how to learn. What a great foundation my kids received at Red Apple!

Last modified Red Apple School At Peace Lutheran Church is a Private school that serves grades PK-K