Hurst, TX

Posted August 29, 2013
This is my daughter's 2nd year at Hurst Hills and we couldn't be happier. She can't wait to get up in the morning to go to school which is a wonderful thing to see. All of the teachers have just been fantastic. They really care about your child and their education. They keep the parents updated on your child's progress, strengths and weaknesses they see, and behavior through the MOOSE. I have never met a better principal. He is wonderful with the children, staff, and parents. He always has the best interest of the children at heart. There is also a great amount of parent involvement which is another thing I love. A weekly schedule is posted on their page (and e-mailed if you choose that option) so parents are always kept in the loop. My daughter has learned so much here and always has a smile on her face. Hurst Hills is an overall excellent school!

Posted June 14, 2011
I have 3 children of which 2 have attended and/or are attending currently. The teacher quality for this school on avergae would be 4 of 5. Principal leadershi[ 4 of 5 & Parent Involvement would also be a 4 out of 5.

Posted May 14, 2009
We moved to Hurst Hills from River Trials and couldn't be happier! We enjoyed the warm welcome and it was an easy transition for our children. My daughter has been there for three years now and she loves it. The encouragement is great by all the teachers. They are all kind and the principals are fabulous. They have many activities availalbe to do and many opportunities to help out. We really enjoy being a part of such a wonderful school.

Posted December 04, 2008
I had a 5th grader and a kindergartener in the class for the first time this year...however unfortunately relocated to California. I went to Hurst Hills as a child and the still have the MOOSE...which is a phenomenal tool for all students. Not only is the HEB school district in a whole a great place for education....but the teachers that both of my kids had were phenomenal. My fifth grader had a former Army woman - who was passionate not only about her students but about my child as well. And although the Kindergarten teacher was young...she was great...very patient with the kids...and adored my daughter. I hate that I had to leave such a phenomenal school...this is education at it's best.

Posted August 25, 2008
I love this school! I couldn't ask for anything more out of a principal!

Posted May 21, 2008
I have a kindergarten and a 1st grader that attend this school and they love it. My kindergarten has had some many activities this year. He has so much fun this year. My 1st grader loves his teacher and this school.

Posted January 11, 2006
This school has not ceased to please me. The teachers are wonderful and the principal is awesome. They are teaching a well rounded ciriculum and provide a caring, nurturing environment in which to learn. I look forward to my youngest starting Kindergarten there later this year.

Posted January 11, 2006
Hurst Hills is a great school. The core knowledge curriculum is great and the kids are learning so well. The suzuki strings program is a great asset to the school as is the pre-k program. The staff are caring and helpful, and the principle stands at the door each morning greeting children by name. They are all made to feel special at Hurst Hills. The volunteers are great, making a good school even better. The only thing that is missing this year is some extracurricular activities, through lack of people available after school is out. They used to have a chess and science club which is not active this year. There is onsite after school care for a small fee per month.

Posted May 30, 2005
We really like the school for our son with regards to the academics and amount of involvement by many of the parents. Our sons original teacher had to move part-way through the year, but she was fantastic! The notices for extra-curricular activities are a bit lacking as we usually aren't notified until registration day or after. Our main issue is with the safety of the children from other children in higher grades during recess. The teachers can often be found 'chatting' with each other away from the smaller children at recess. Since the younger grades are also at recess with a grade or two higher, they often get bullied, punched and kicked. This has happened many times to our son and several of his friends. They are first graders getting bullied by the second graders, yet the teachers aren't paying attention to see this, so it continues unnoticed and un punished. This-is-unacceptable.

Posted May 24, 2005
The core knowledge curriculum is very good- provides classics for K and 2nd gr. (my kids grades). My 2nd grader REALLY enjoyed studying Greek mythology. The principal is terrific- very willing to listen and accomodate your family's needs. The teachers were excellent- really knew my kids and took an interest in their learning abilities. The gifted and talented program is well-established. I liked the smallness of the school. The secretary knew my kids within a few weeks and the staff seemed close-knit. We had a good experience coming from home-schooling and private school. There was a chess club, science club, Suzuki Strings (free music lessons).

Hurst Hills Elementary School
525 Billie Ruth Lane, Hurst, TX  76053
Last modified Hurst Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hurst Hills Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top