Posted July 01, 2012
I am a Hurst Junior High student, and, I love this school! This is the best school I've ever been. All the teachers are awesome and care about us(students), they do their best to help us to keep up with the subject and when we don't understand what they are trying to explain, they explain it again with easier examples until we understand it. They try to make the subject the easier possible. HJH has an excellent staff and they are always there to help you in anything you need. I will always remember this school and I think that thanks to them, I am ready for HS.

Hurst J High School 2

Posted June 14, 2011
I have a 7th grader about to head to 8th grade. I am veriy disatisfied with the feedbacki get back fromthe teachers.I was extremely let down that while in Elementary school the teachers were very involved in his well being but now in Jr. high it's more of a sink or swim. I appreciate the fact of teaching them about responsibility but I think the teachers & staff should realize that they are still kids that need guidance. I am very disatisfied with the support.

Hurst J High School 0

Posted October 20, 2010
Hurst Junior High staff cares about the kids. They encouraged them do to their very best at everything. They have a great parent and PTA support group as well. HJH was awarded the Blue Ribbon Award this year. They are just awesome!

Hurst J High School 4

Posted August 01, 2009
hurst junior high for me is a great experience. the teachers are great and even though alot of my friends are in my classes, i do focus on my teachers, because their way of teaching is great. i am involved in almost all the sports, band, im in student council, national junior honor society, and im in pre-ap classes. it may seem like alot of work, but for me i have managed all of those things because of my great teachers. they help me afterschool and i am very pleased with this school

Posted July 23, 2009
My son really likes this school. The teachers are involved and there is alot of stuff going on for good education. Everything is great in that school and I personally like it.

Posted May 14, 2009
I have two children in 7th grade this year. We (the parents) were extremely nervous about the whole Jr. High exprience and I have to say... This school has been really good. There is good parent involvement. The classes and programs offered have been good.

Posted May 18, 2008

Posted October 11, 2007
My child is in 8th grade at HJH. I have been very pleased so far with HJH , especially the teaching staff. My son plays football, band and is involved in many school activities. Great job HJH for preparing these kids for challenging high school years.

Posted May 22, 2006

Posted April 26, 2005
This is a revamped campus in the southeast section of Hurst. It is very nice and has a great student ratio of 17 to 1. The kids are polite and the teachers are effective. There is a large mix of all races on this campus but it seems to work well with teaching the kids about cultural differences and diversity in a positive way. The entire community of Hurst has a very low crime rate and this area of the city is no different in that manner and as such this campus is safe, clean and provides a great space for the kids to get an exceptional education that will prepare them to take advantage of the international baccalaureate program at the high school level in our district.

Hurst J High School
500 Harmon Road, Hurst, TX  76053
Last modified Hurst J High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hurst J High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top