Hurst, TX

Posted July 26, 2014
Aside from a few resentful uninvolved parents, this school is excellent!!! But most parents realize it's a partnership between the teachers, parents, and students that helps make students successful. The kids are made college ready and they are given great academic, goal setting, and planning skills. Could the community get more involved? Absolutely! But I've watched this school and teaching staff stay late tutoring, giving extra time to work with parent's schedules, and work miracles with difficult struggling student for over 15 years. I am proud to say my son is college bound, prepared, and a product of West Hurst Elementary where he spent 6 years building a phenomenal foundation for his continuing education!!!

Posted May 02, 2013
My son attended Hurst Hills last year and we were really scared to move to West Hurst when we bought out new home. Wow, were we silly to worry! Not only was our teacher fantastic, but I had interaction with the school counselor, the principals, other teachers, the front office staff, the school nurse, the librarian and the cafeteria staff during the past year, and every single one was positive, professional & helpful. I am VERY impressed with this school & how well everyone knows the children. Not only my child's name & a bit about him, but all the kids! I volunteered in the library one day & the librarian knew every kid & even spoke French with one student because he knew the child was originally from France and they "both enjoy the practice." Parent involvement is awesome & any parent who wants to volunteer is welcome, following a simple background check. I noticed the count Monday & over 4000 hours were served this year, so far. Multiple parent education programs are offered during the year (such as Love & Logic, & helping your child with TAKS testing readiness & anxiety. They include child care & dinner, usually. What a gem this school is, we feel so blessed to be part of it!

Posted March 23, 2010

West Hurst Elementary School 0

Posted September 11, 2009
My son loves this school.I have no problem with it at all. So far his teachers have been great!!!

Posted February 08, 2008
This school was good. It wasn't the best but no school is perfect.

West Hurst Elementary School 4

Posted January 26, 2008
My daughter has gone to this school for kindergarden and 1s grade. We have had a great experence. the teachers have been good and my daughter enjoyes going to the after school program.

Posted September 27, 2007
My daugher went to this school in first and second grade. It was a pretty good school. Office staff was very nice. Very family oriented. They accept parent involvent readily. I think first grade has awesome teachers. Very sweet!!! I wish this school the best! Also has a nice park next door.

West Hurst Elementary School 3

Posted November 18, 2006

West Hurst Elementary School 3

Posted June 10, 2006
The teachers here are great, however, the principal and office staff are rude and very disorganized.

West Hurst Elementary School 1

Posted September 24, 2004
- a administrator
The worst school ever, bad food, bad kids, worse teachers, ugh need I go on? It's size is not relative to its academic achievement ratings, my child got a 40 on a 4th grade TAKS test, I don't call that bad students, I call that bad teaching.

West Hurst Elementary School
501 Precinct Line Road, Hurst, TX  76053
Last modified West Hurst Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Hurst Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top