Irving, TX

La Villita Elementary School 2

Posted February 01, 2015
Pretty average school. Extra curricular activities are to the minimum. The teachers don't pay attention to provide extra material for children too.

Posted October 24, 2013
Our son was here in Kindergarten and is now a First Grader. He really loves to go to school. The school, the teachers and the parents are completely involved and forward thinking, preparing the 1st graders on a social, intellectual and participatory level. I am amazed how well they are doing in Mathematics, English, spelling and reading, Science and PE.

La Villita Elementary School 4

Posted October 08, 2013
My son goes to K. He really enjoy going to school and his teacher is very helpful. I am happy that my son goes to La Villita!!

Posted September 26, 2013
We enjoyed his schooling here and has demonstrated well rounded development Good school lascolinas.lots of students here.

Posted September 26, 2013
The school education very good. Teachers are very friendly.kids are learning lot. They don't give any homework .

Posted August 12, 2013
My son went from 2 Grade to 5th Grade and Graduated from La Villita. We enjoyed his schooling here and has demonstrated well rounded development.

Posted May 11, 2013
We currently have a first grader at this school. We have been extremely pleased with the school over the last two years. I am consistently impressed with the variety of topics that my child tells me they learned about on a daily basis. Homework consists of spelling and expected reading for 20 - 30 minutes per evening. I'm very impressed with the teachers and staff. They are extremely attentive and know how to best motivate and inspire my child to learn. The teachers are also very willing to meet or provide clarifying information via email. I am also able to keep up with my child's progress since I can access assignment grades online. We are very pleased with this school.

La Villita Elementary School 1

Posted May 09, 2013
I just took my child out of this school. I was very displeased with the fact that no homework was ever given. I was also told that they work too hard during the school day. Very disturbing! With so many students in one class, how can one instructor meet the needs of every child? One assignement was brought home during the whole school year, and my child was expected to remember the instructions for this assignment that were given in school! Are you kidding me? Even as an adult, I need to write things down to help me remember after a long day of information has been pounded in my head. My child did not remember, and was given a low grade due to this. I felt as if the total year was a waste, and I had no clue of how to assist her, with having no idea of what was being taught. That type of weight should not be placed on one instructor alone. As a parent, and one who is very capable of helping my child, I should be able to supplement and reinforce exactly what is being taught in school. At the school where my child currently attends, I am able to reinforce the homework that is given, and actually feel as if the information given is well understood. It is a team effort!

Posted October 09, 2011
My daughter entered Kindergarten last yr and is now in 1st grade. I must say the school exceeded my expectations, from the school's administration to teachers. The campus is very well maintained, always clean.

La Villita Elementary School 4

Posted September 01, 2011
the pick-up in front is kinda rude and spastic. it feels like a fire drill. they come off preachy to me also. she seems to like it there. 5th grade parent.

La Villita Elementary School
1601 Camino Lago Way, Irving, TX  75039
Last modified La Villita Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
La Villita Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top