Jackie Mae Townsell Elementary School 1

Posted December 03, 2012
My Son has been attending this school K-1st& finally 2nd. I've had Many issues w/this School's Staff from the beginning of the yr 2012-13. First Day of school there was an accident ON their intersection More than Half the Kids Late, Parents &kids had to sit in the Cafeteria for 3hrs, my son was given a new Teacher then sent to a GT class at the end of the day, cause they "Forgot" to Inform me my child scored above average the yr before. Not even 6wks into the school yr he was placed in new class due to High student Ratio. Its bad enough they No Longer Give Homework, but now its ok to take Toys cause the Teacher Doesnt Care &signed papers Stay in his backpack for Mnths I tried reaching out to the teacher Via Email, Letters. I had to call the administrator to finally get feedback. Final straw was my son coming Home Repeating Inappropriate conversations between the kids in class that at age 7, shouldn t even know about!!! When reporting this to the school the Teacher calls my son a Tatty Tale. I m Beyond Upset On How Staff handled this Issue &let this Woman be a Teacher Simply cause they Needed the extra help!

Posted August 30, 2012
great school no doubt amazing facility thank u townsell and staff.I wish I went to this school.

Jackie Mae Townsell Elementary School 4

Posted June 01, 2012
My daughter just finished her kindergarten year. We have both when very pleased with the school. All the teachers are welcoming and go out of their way to create a home like learning environment. I hope the new principal will be able to continue the wonderful legacy of mrs. willett. I love how they have physical education every day. I am looking forward to my daughters future with townsell. Highly recommend this school!

Posted March 08, 2011
The school is very diverse in it's students population. It is absolutely amazing that the principal and her staff is able to bring about cohesive educational experience and has excellent learning process. It remains to be seen what affect the drastic budget cuts will have on this fine school.

Jackie Mae Townsell Elementary School 4

Posted August 12, 2010
My oldest daughter just finished 5th grade and I can't say enough about the dedication of Mrs Willett the Principal and the teachers. Every morning, Mrs Willett is at the door to welcome the children to school. I know most parents are upset about the "no homework" policy but what is the point in giving homework when most parents were doing the work not the kids. The alternative is giving the kids books to read every evening which the results has been dynanmic in reading and writing skills. I wish more parents will get involved with the school and help put it on the map as one of the best schools in Irving.

Posted January 28, 2010
this a really great school it is the great school your looking for your child specially the awesome work of the principal Linda Willet

Jackie Mae Townsell Elementary School 0

Posted February 01, 2009
My child is in third grade at Townsell Elementary. We moved to Irving earlier this year. I have been very pleased with all aspects of my daughter's education. Upon request, my daughter's teacher has sent home homework. I also feel that there is wonderful communication be it through email, phone, or face to face.

Jackie Mae Townsell Elementary School 3

Posted January 10, 2009
I put my child in Townsell for the first time in 4th grade. I must say, I am really disappointed. There seems to be discouraged parent interaction, and I really don't know that my child is learning. They have a 'no-homework' policy that some parents may like. But I think kids do need SOME work at home as well. Unfortunately, I don't know that I would recommend this school to anyone.

Posted August 11, 2008

Posted August 23, 2007

Jackie Mae Townsell Elementary School
P O Box 152637, Irving, TX  75015
Last modified Jackie Mae Townsell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jackie Mae Townsell Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top