Public charter
Irving, TX

Posted April 01, 2015
Universal Academy is a great place for children to learn. The school is free for students to attend, but extracurricular actives do cost a minimal amount. Overall children receive a quality education free of charge, compared to some of the private schools in the area. Check out the schools ranking and make your own choice.

Posted January 12, 2015
Staff is rude to parents. School should have TEA check them out. Most classes are over ratio for the size of classroom. School is meant for low income families but all they do is ask for money, money, money!!
3 people found this helpful

Posted October 21, 2014
Parents of Universal Academy Irving just completed their Parent/Teacher meeting and parents were thrilled to have the opportunity to learn about their child's progress this school year. Many parents were very interested in learning about volunteer opportunities at the campus and different ways they can get involved.

Posted September 04, 2014
School DOES NOT have adequate bathroom sizes for the amount of children attending this school; only two (2) stalls each for boys & girls; high sinks; paper towel holder mounted too high on the wall for kids to reach; bathrooms DO NOT meet city code compliance; cafeteria is totally INADEQUATE for the census of students, lower grades eat their lunches in rooms; ANTS are rampant in classrooms; NO TRASH CANS in classes; some teachers received computers late; some teachers do not have desks; street signs that read "ENTER ONLY" are left standing in the large foyer in the corner with NO protection from falling over; these have sharp edges on the ends of them; superintendant disrespectful & demeaning to principal and teachers; NO professionalism adhered to ! WATCH OUT; the name of the school DOES NOT match what they are saying; BE AWARE !
5 people found this helpful

Posted May 05, 2014
In response to the April 14, 2014 post/review. You must be talking about a different campus. These reviews are for Universal Academy in Coppell Texas. Your review is clearly Not for this campus because it does Not go through High School & they have Not been around 14 years. This next school year 2014/2015 is the 1st year they are going up to 9th grade. So disregard the post from April 14, 2014 as it is obviously Not the same campus.

Posted May 05, 2014
This school is so rude to the students, our children. My kids will not be attending next year. My daughters self esteem was crushed by a teacher making fun of her and when approached by me it only made the rest of the school year even worse for her. I should have pulled her out of the school right then but I kept thinking it would get better. I was wrong. This school will be shut down soon if the down make some major changes!
3 people found this helpful

Posted April 14, 2014
In response to the April 8, 2014 comment addressed to two administrators at Universal Academy. I am a proud parent of Universal Academy. My oldest son started at Universal Academy and greaduated from Universal Academy in 2013. My youngest children still attend UA. I have known these two administrators for 14 years and I can say without hesitation or doubt they are most certainly carin, compassionate and respectful to all students. Everyone at UA cares tremendously about the well-being and academic success of every child at this school. I have just as much faith in UA as I had in them when my family first came to the school 14 years ago. To the administrators, faculty, staff, teachers and students continue doing the things that have made you great. Never let anyone deter you, stay the course, keep your eyes on the prize and know that the best is yet to come! To soar to the heights of eagles is to find a place where few go and only the very best can reach! Universal Academy I still believe - Together We Fly! - Y. Brown

Posted April 14, 2014
This school is very rigorous and structured. If your child is not respectful or disciplined then UA will not be the right school for your child. If you are a parent of very little academic involvement, again this is not YOUR school of choice. Universal Academy is a school of high expectations- academically and behaviorally.

Posted September 13, 2013
This is the most HORRIBLE mistake I have made by sending my daughter to this school. If you haven't experienced difficulty keep your child there and I promise you will. The staff is disrespectful. They curse and as ignorant as it sounds they have also been known to make fun of the kids!!! My child has told me some of the things that was said to her and other kids that you would not believe a grown up or most important an educator would say to a kid. The so called principal or owners are a nightmare. The teachers are rude because she gives them the ok to do so. Take your kids out now!!! I have filed complaints with BBB and has spoken with TEA and watch the news they will one day be shut down. They have violated several government rules and are under investigation.

Universal Academy
2616 North MacArthur Boulevard, Irving, TX  75062
Last modified Universal Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Universal Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 75 reviews. Top