756 students|Universal Academy

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Excellent service and extremely high academic results! My boys were in this school for 8 years. Both of them were taught by highly qualified and dedicated teachers.One is in Med school and the second one is doing his MBA currently.I am all about Universal Academy.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Highly qualified and dedicated teachers who are always ready to take students under the spot light so that they can see the best performance of their own teaching.

Amount of homework: Disagree

I always thought homework was not enough.I definitely think there should be more homework. I never had any issue with homework.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Dedication and endurance is the motto of this school. All students get treated equally without their race and color.

Develops character: Agree

This school tells your child exactly what they need to hear. Many schools will try to sugar coat your child's progress in school, however UA will NEVER do that. The problem with most parents is that they want people to sugar coat everything for their kids and make them only see the good in life. In order for your kid to be successful they must know their academic strengths and weaknesses. Sugar coating will never breed success!

I agree with some other parents postings. Yes, every single school has it's problems and Universal Academy is no different, my child has gone to the Coppell campus for 3 years now and we have had no REAL issues. I will say that if your child has disciplinary issues or problems complying with adult authority, then of course they are NOT going to like this school. Most likely your child will have issues at other schools as well. Great teachers, great opportunities for your child. They strive in high academic success! If you are ok with your child having a mediocre academic standards then I would definitely not recommend this school.

my son has had the PE coach yelling and humiliting him infront of classmates and the principal does nothing, so the coach basically gets away with bullying my child. this is at coppell campus. glad year is almost over and we can get out fast.

I put a review on here a few months ago, and it ripped UA a new one. That's probably why someone took it down. What's the point of leaving a review if schools/businesses have the power to do that??? Just saying. This school is the most horrible place I've ever been a part of. Don't send your kids here.

Excellent school, facilities and wonderful teachers! No one is left behind! There is simply no better place to prepare your children for a successful life. I highly recommend Universal Academy.

This school has two campuses: Irving and Coppell. This review is for the universal academy Irving. I experienced the following: - The admission process was unorganized (coppell campus administration) - I never got the campus tour I requested from the irving campus president - The extra curricular activities (golf and chess for 1st grade) were for the coppell campus - I saw a little of the irving campus facility at the first parent teacher meeting before the school year began and i was not impressed ---the teacher's classroom was very small and the room was bare ---i was not allowed to see any other part of the school but the class and the nearby restroom, which didn't have any locks on the stall - the parent teacher meeting was pointless ---there was no information given to the parents on: school lunch, school procedures during the first week, pto information, teacher contact info I had also enrolled my son at his zoned school and I had a very different experience: - the pto was there selling tshirts, accepting memberships for $7 and recruiting volunteers diffrent

Last modified Universal Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.