The Sloan School

Private | K-5

Living in Irving

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $109,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $820.

Sweep tile

Posted May 19, 2013

Whoever says the kids do nothing but watch TV is flat out lying. Whoever claims that there are no lesson plans or challenging classes is flat out lying. Whoever says this school is too expensive is flat out lying. We love having our kid here and she absolutely loves Sloan, and she is learning more here in pre-k than some kids learn in 1st grade at a public school.

Posted January 9, 2013

My daughter spent a year at Sloan. She was never challenged at all. There was far, far, far too much TV watching, story-time, and other diversions in lieu of actual teaching. We removed her and placed her in Montessori. The difference was literally night and day. She loved it, and the pace of her intellectual development greatly accelerated, and became much more obvious to us. She is now in kindergarten and comfortably reads at a 3rd grade reading level, with excellent reading comprehension. She is very proficient in addition and subtraction, and is starting to do multiplication now. Because the Montessori Method emphasizes developing the child's independence, my daughter is extremely outgoing and confident in social situations, and sees absolutely NO LIMITS to her abilities. She has an incredibly open mind. I think that some of that originates in her own God-given personality, but I think that the Montessori Method has greatly enhanced that trait. I think that Sloan means well, but I don't think that its curriculum will satisfy a parent who expects the best for his or her child. Montessori has more than met our expectations, where Sloan fell short.

Posted June 28, 2012

We have many choices where to send our child and year after year we have chosen the Sloan School. The bottom line is the staff truly cares about the children. The owners love the kids and want them to succeed spiritually, as well as emotionally and academically. I trust them implicitly with my child and will continue to do so through fifth grade graduation. The Abeka curriculum is challenging and builds character as it builds their academic strengths. As for the tuition, it is very comparable and usually cheaper than other private schools in the area. There is no hefty fee imposed for campus refurbishment that you will find in other schools. They use the money wisely and provide and authentically Christian, well-rounded education for all.

Posted April 5, 2011

The Sloan School is the BEST pre-school and private school your child can attend in Irving. The office staff is very friendly and always there to help me with anything I need. My children consider their teachers a member of our family. My children adore them and that is priceless to me. I know once I leave the Sloan School in the morning that not only are my children receiving an advanced curriculum, but also being taught Christian life morals and being loved as the teachers own. There is a reason that The Sloan School was voted the BEST school in Irving!

Posted March 6, 2011

This school is way too expensive in terms of fees compared to other school and offer nothing special .its very cramped inside ,children are sat in front of tv for hours and staff never have any answers mere excuses or shift the blame attitude or I don't know instead of let me find out that for you philosphy.They definitely overcharge for what they offre,there are miuch better and cleaner schools and more professional helpful staff elsewhere.

Posted June 8, 2010

I love everything about the Sloan School! My daughter has attended the Sloan School since October 2009. She will be starting kindergarten there in August. I am amazed every day at the new things she has learned. The teachers are so personable and awesome with the children. I don't ever have to worry when I leave my daughter there each morning. She loves going to school. She loves all the field trips, the exciting way learning is offered to her and most of all, she loves her teacher, Ms. Maria. I can't say enough good things about this school and the staff. The Sloan School was recommended to me by my daughter's best friend's mom. I am so glad she told me about it. My daughter made miraculous improvements after only attending there one week. The expense is well worth it.

Posted May 24, 2010

I can't say enough about the Sloan school. The teachers and staff are loving and caring~ Sloan is like a large family. The curriculum is great and more advanced than most public school's curriculum. The Christian teachings, bible classes and chapel are wonderful. I am amazed by how well my daughter (in kindergarten) could not only memorize difficult bible verses, but be able to apply them to her daily life. Having taught public school for several years and sending my daughter to Sloan, I can truly say that Sloan is best!

Posted September 12, 2009

My 2 kids go to this school. What makes this school stands out is the fact that the care you got from all the staffs in the school. We are like a family. School curriculum is also great.

Posted August 5, 2009

Our son has been attending the Sloan School for 3 years and absolutely LOVES it. The teachers and staff are all so loving and truly care about making sure the children get a quality education. When my son graduated kindergarten he was already reading proficiently. We could not believe the transformation! I've also seen the teachers devote their own personal time to children who need extra help to ensure they don't fall behind. We couldn't say enough about Sloan!

Posted July 27, 2009

Our daughter has attended Sloan School for the past three years. Although we live outside of Irving, we have made it a point to drive there each day so our daughter can continue the great education, both academic and spiritual, that she receives daily. The owners really seek God's guidance and that spiritual grounding shows in every aspect of the school. Please consider Sloan School for your child. You will not be disappointed.

Posted May 4, 2009

The Sloan School is AWESOME! This family owned and operated school is the best one out there! My daughter has gone there for two years and we are about to begin kindergarten next year and plan to stay as long as we can! My son (8 months) began when he was 13 weeks and I have yet to see a day when I drop him off or pick him up where he is crying! Each teacher loves on every child (even if the child is not in that teachers class) when they can. The values and principles that are taught are wonderful! I HIGHLY reccommend this school!

Posted April 29, 2009

The Sloan School is excellent. It was highly recommended by a co-worker and am so glad she did. The Abeka curriculum is amazing and every teacher truly cares about each student. The Sloans School makes me feel like my child is in the best place she could be.

Posted April 17, 2008

Excellent, life changing, my child doesn't even want to leave at the end of the day.

Posted April 11, 2008

We love the Sloan School. They are very family and christian orientated. What better place to have our Kindergartner?

Posted July 29, 2006

We are totally satisfied with the Sloan School. The Sloans are always at the school and involved in every activity. The teachers are amazing and my children are thriving there. Both of my children learned to read at age 4. They learn Bible stories and Biblical principles at an early age. Discipline issues are taken care of quickly and in a loving manner. Art, Music, Spanish, and Gymnastics are all included. The school lunches are healthy, my children love them, and best of all they are included in the tuition! School activites are fun even for the parents. Frequent field trips and amazing teachers keep learning fun for the students. This school is a great value overall.

Posted June 14, 2006

My two daughters have attended this school from Preschool age to grade levels. It is a personal, loving, and stable atmosphere. The Sloans are wonderful Christian people and are very personable and approachable about any issue

Asian 9% N/A

Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3131 N O Connor Rd