Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

I was a student at Las collinas since pre-k all the way to 5th grade and I never left because all the teachers supported me and other of my friends I'm in 7th grade now, and sometimes me and my friends wish we could go back to see and relive the good old days and with its new building it's soooo much cooler to be there so if you're child goes there i promise they would have good time there while keeping thier grades up just like I did

The principal at this school has no right being in her position. She is rude and unprofessional to her faculty/staff and parents. She does not support her teachers and most of her employees do not like her. I've heard that the district knows she is not fit to be a principal, but they refuse to do anything about it. This says a lot about the district leaders themselves. The saying "While a leader can be a boss, not every boss is a leader." is a good example of what is exemplified by many of the district employees and especially this principal.

First time ever in this school HORRIBLE Experience! Went this morning to ask about transferring from Universal Academy to Las Colinas elementary Front desk lady had a really bad attitude all I heard from her is a NO not once she gave me the right information never asked what grade my child was going in to the following year... I gave her my old address new address and all I heard from her was a NO...HORRIBLE ;( No doubt that first Impression always tells you on how school and staff really are

Pre school teachers are very unprofessional, they dont know how to treat small kids. Teachers have selected their favourite kids, very very disappointed with teachers..

This is a wonderful school! My daughter has attended LCE since the 1st grade and will be leaving for 6th grade in the fall. The principal is outstanding--she's super involved with the kids and parents. From working the car lane in the mornings to monitoring the cafeteria-she is very engaged. Our family loves this school because it always has something going on to connect with the surrounding community. Family nights and programs are always fun! LCE has been recognized for excellence for at least the last 5 years we've been in the area. This is the school you want your child to attend if you live nearby! It's not perfect, of course, and some of her teachers have been more proactive than others, which is why I didn't rate it 5 stars. But her time there pans out to a great experience. We will truly miss LCEl!

My child attended LCE for three years. The staff was uncaring and incompetent. The administration was unresponsive to requests. The whole school district seems to be going down hill. Nice new building though.

Las Colinas Elementary (LCE) School is a great place to learn and grow as students. It's also a place that is welcoming of parent involvement and partnership. There is many family-oriented events throughout the year. There are more than 100 family members who attend School Family Nights, the school's monthly PTA meeting. Teachers email and text helpful information and are equally responsive to the needs of the students and their families.

This school is really doing great job. My Son is attending the same and I have noticed a lot difference comparing to other public schools' students. They are assessing the kids on bimonthly basis and helping them to improve over time by providing extra time where they need improvements.

One of the best school...my both boys are safe and doing great. Teachers and principal are understanding , professional.

A school is only as good as it's leadership and this school is lacking in that department. Administration is inexperienced, cold, does not always put the kids first and does not always demonstrate professionalism in the way they talk with parents who have concerns. The children are not challenged and many classrooms do not have proper resources for encouraging the kids to go above and beyond. There are, however, a few hidden gem teachers so if you are lucky enough to get one, it can make your year. And generally, there is a good amount of parent involvement. Overall though, this school has gone way downhill.

Last modified Las Colinas Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.