Irving, TX

Las Colinas Elementary School 1

Posted September 07, 2014
My child attended LCE for three years. The staff was uncaring and incompetent. The administration was unresponsive to requests. The whole school district seems to be going down hill. Nice new building though.

Posted April 02, 2014
Las Colinas Elementary (LCE) School is a great place to learn and grow as students. It's also a place that is welcoming of parent involvement and partnership. There is many family-oriented events throughout the year. There are more than 100 family members who attend School Family Nights, the school's monthly PTA meeting. Teachers email and text helpful information and are equally responsive to the needs of the students and their families.

Posted April 02, 2014
This school is really doing great job. My Son is attending the same and I have noticed a lot difference comparing to other public schools' students. They are assessing the kids on bimonthly basis and helping them to improve over time by providing extra time where they need improvements.

Las Colinas Elementary School 4

Posted January 07, 2014
One of the best school...my both boys are safe and doing great. Teachers and principal are understanding , professional.

Las Colinas Elementary School 2

Posted December 13, 2013
A school is only as good as it's leadership and this school is lacking in that department. Administration is inexperienced, cold, does not always put the kids first and does not always demonstrate professionalism in the way they talk with parents who have concerns. The children are not challenged and many classrooms do not have proper resources for encouraging the kids to go above and beyond. There are, however, a few hidden gem teachers so if you are lucky enough to get one, it can make your year. And generally, there is a good amount of parent involvement. Overall though, this school has gone way downhill.

Las Colinas Elementary School 1

Posted December 12, 2013
It is understandable that they could not provide books to bring home that students can use for reviewing lessons. What can really upsetting for parents to know is that most of the teachers are rude! It seems that they want to show who are the boss. Most of them I had encountered do not know how to converse professionally if there were misunderstandings. I had unpleasant experience with them. They humiliate parent in front of the others with their shouting voice. My kids were telling stories that few of their classmates cried in the classroom because their teacher yelled at them and sent them outside the room(for asking many questions.)

Posted October 27, 2013
My daughter goes to LCE Kindergarten. She loves going to school everyday. The teachers are so patient n helpful with the kids. They know need of each student and design their teaching patterns accordingly. Regular updates through emails, mailers, meeting gives visibility on whats happening in class. Extra curricular activities are good and never too much homework! The infrastructure and upkeep of the school is awesome. I think the school is doing a great job keeping the children n parents happy!

Posted September 29, 2013
My fourth grade daughter has been attending Las Colinas since the first grade and we are very pleased. There have been a few changes over the years but we feel they are all good changes. It is a small school with teachers who have been very nurturing to her and have communicated with me very well regarding her development over the years. It comforts me to see the the new principal is very engaged with the children and is present at almost every event. The school has done a great job working with the surrounding community to make this a safe and fun learning environment. We are excited about the new buidling but will miss the current small, cozy building.

Posted May 01, 2013
I have been in this school from kindergarden to 3rd grade...i left in the middle of 3rd and came to india...I miss all of my friends and my teachers(Mrs.Richardson, Mrs.Bolton,Mrs.Gibson etc.). I left in 2009 and that was my most horrible day...My friends were Uma, Riley Zimmerman, Braedon, Twinkle, Skyler and Edwin. I hope you all see this and remember who i am...I am Ananya Jain and i hope you remember me...this is an awesome school and i am regretting till now that i had left this school...it has an awesome cafetaria, classrooms, gym and playground. I loved the field trips the most and I hope i make a trip to america and the first thing i will do is i will come to this school...MISS ALL OF U!

Posted October 04, 2012
This is a great school. I wish the curriculum was more challenging as my 1st grader finds his spelling tests way too easy but overall I am really happy with this school for many reasons. I like that they give homework, which does not take time, but atleast in the mind of kids emphasize that they need to take their school seriously and be accountable. I love the discipline system in the classrooms. Also, the moral values and principals that the school tries in inculcates in children is simply outstanding. This is what I value the most as this is the time when my kid is shaping his character. His teacher is very nice. I simply have no complaints. Love the school.

Las Colinas Elementary School
2200 Kinwest Parkway, Irving, TX  75063
Last modified Las Colinas Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Las Colinas Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top