Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

My grand daughter was also being bullied.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

My granddaughter's teacher told her she always needs help and she's not helping her anymore

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The principal over talked me and over talk my daughter while trying to discuss a solution for my granddaughter very rude.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Putting my granddaughter down. Slowly destroying herself worth.

My daughter is in Mrs. Blake's kindergarten class, and she LOVES being in her class. The teachers and staff are all responsive and professional whenever I have any question or issue. I contemplated moving to a different city in the DFW, but quickly changed my mind because of the quality of the education she is receiving at TLES. The low rating is based solely on test scores of low-income children in the area...do not base your decision on metrics alone. You won't be sorry. :)

TOM LANDRY is the Best School In the IRVING Valley Ranch, Amazing Principal, Teachers, Staff so helpful and Respect all Nationality , Please do not go on the Ranking please go and meet the teachers and staff personally , All Staff are so energetic , Professional , Intelligent, full of knowledge, best Curriculum ,My son goes to Tom Landry since last year and I transferred my Daughter this year from Universal Academy which she hated to go and now she goes to Tom Landry, she is so happy and really enjoys going to school, The Principals,teachers and staff are a very intelligent and organised, all students are taught manners by their class teacher about eating , talking , behavior , when my daughter explained me I really was shocked, This is Best Education, BEST SCHOOL , I am so Glad to be part of this wonderful school TOM LANDRY ROCKS.... Continue the wonderful Style of Educating and Teaching.. :) :) God Bless..

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

VERY VERY VERY VERY EFFECTIVE... I am very happy with all teachers, starting from Principal to ELC teachers front desk staff and class teachers , Mrs Brazil , Mrs Severs , Mrs Sharif , Mrs Sholes , All Teachers carry good experience in their bag.

Amount of homework: Agree

PERFECT as per Standard, and Easy , Intelligent style of learning makes my kids so smart , Active and Intelligent.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Tom Landry makes you feel welcome and you are able to tell that they genuinely care about all of the children and their education.They are Best in all they do , Registration staff and Principal are EXCELLENT. As they are the face of the school and I have no words to Express how Wonderful they are.. Love You TOM LANDRY STAFF.

The reason behind the low ratings for this school My kid's been going to Landry for two years now, and here is my take on the school. The staff is capable, motivated, and works hard for the kids to succeed. They care a lot. I've seen the principal tear up when talking about her goals for the school. The teachers I met all surprised me with their skills and professionalism. They were ready for the challenge, engaged and caring towards the kids. The facilities are fine. My kid is doing well there, with test results well above State averages. So you may be wandering (as I did), what explains the low ranking of this school (2/10, 4/10)? For me at least, the reason lays in the background of many of the parents that send their kids there (not the kids' fault). Let me explain: this school is surrounded by Chapter 8 apartments that offer low income subsidized housing. Poverty is statistically related to less educated, overworked single-parent households, that can't invest as much time and resources as they would like on their children. To me that explains the low average test scores. Look at the demographics and you will understand (Student diversity, in this site).

Last modified Landry Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.